Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Yu
Pro Member
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
Columbus, OH - Building a team

David Yu
Pro Member
  • Torrance, CA
Posted Nov 7 2023, 13:54

Out of state investor looking to connect and build a team in Ohio with broker/agents, licensed general contractors, wholesalers, insurance brokers/agents, lenders, property managers, and more. Investing in Columbus, Cleveland, Akron, and Cincinnati in properties 3+ bed, 1000+ sq ft, cosmetic rehabs for long term rentals.

User Stats

Votes
Ty Coutts
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Nov 7 2023, 14:07

Love this! So many of my clients are out of state investors doing exactly the same thing. (most likely because they almost all come from BiggerPockets ha!)

Please let me know how I can help connect you with others' looking to do the same or if I can help run super quick estimates and numbers for you or anyone you are working with for the flips. I work closely with 7 or 8 investors that all specialize in fix&flip as well as "fix&rent" type loans and can help provide insights and rate quotes/cost total estimates if needed!

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 05:47
Quote from @David Yu:

Out of state investor looking to connect and build a team in Ohio with broker/agents, licensed general contractors, wholesalers, insurance brokers/agents, lenders, property managers, and more. Investing in Columbus, Cleveland, Akron, and Cincinnati in properties 3+ bed, 1000+ sq ft, cosmetic rehabs for long term rentals.

We've been having great success in all 4 of those markets. Good choices!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony L Amos Jr
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 07:01
Quote from @David Yu:

Hello David! Let's connect

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 07:11
Quote from @David Yu:

Shooting you a message now

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#5 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#5 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 07:25
Quote from @David Yu:

I can send you some referrals in Columbus, Ohio.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 08:13
Quote from @David Yu:

have you looked at new construction or building to rent? newer trend but good strategy to consider in columbus MSA

User Stats

Votes
David Yu
Pro Member
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Torrance, CA
Replied Nov 8 2023, 11:01
Quote from @Robert Ellis:
Quote from @David Yu:

have you looked at new construction or building to rent? newer trend but good strategy to consider in columbus MSA

I haven't thought about it just yet. It may be something I consider in the future!

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
#5 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 8 2023, 11:37
Quote from @David Yu:

Hey David, I moved to Columbus a few years ago (from Portland, Oregon which was super expensive) to become a full time real estate investor, and ever since, I've completed quite a lot of BRRRRs, flips, and own a successful rental portfolio here in Columbus Ohio. There's so many catalysts for population and job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide Hospital, etc). I can definitely tell you there's still a lot of positive cash flowing and 1% rule deals and you get amazing appreciation. As an investor and agent here in Columbus Ohio, if you have any questions or want to connect, definitely reach out!

User Stats

Votes
    Angela Martinez
    Pro Member
    • Turlock, CA
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Turlock, CA
    Replied Nov 8 2023, 12:07

Hello Hello! I'm an investor and a loan officer, and I've been tinkering with the idea of flipping a property out there. I currently own an Akron student housing, right near the university. I'd love to have a conversation with you and bounce some ideas around.

User Stats

Votes
    Bob Stevens
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Replied Nov 8 2023, 13:25
    Quote from @David Yu:

I know ALL,  I have done 100s in the Cleveland markets, happy to recommend. 

User Stats

Votes
    Zane Kampfer
    • Lender
    • Austin, TX
    Votes |
    • Lender
    • Austin, TX
    Replied Nov 8 2023, 15:34

It's great to hear about your interest in investing in Ohio! To build your team, start by connecting with experienced local real estate agents and brokers who understand the market. Seek recommendations for licensed general contractors and wholesalers from real estate networks. Look for insurance professionals specializing in real estate, and reach out to local lenders to discuss your investment plans. Research property management companies and attend local events to expand your network. Online platforms like LinkedIn and BiggerPockets can also be helpful. Remember to conduct due diligence and ask for references. Good luck with your Ohio investments!

User Stats

Votes
    Serena Lee
    Pro Member
    • New to Real Estate
    • Bremerton, WA
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • New to Real Estate
    • Bremerton, WA
    Replied Jul 8 2024, 21:34
    Quote from @Bob Stevens:
    Quote from @David Yu:

Hi Bob, I’m breaking into the Cleveland market also. Could I ask for your lists of recommendations? 
    BiggerPockets logo
    Network With Property Managers
    |
    BiggerPockets
    Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
    Bob Stevens
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Replied Jul 9 2024, 08:01
    Quote from @Serena Lee:
    Quote from @Bob Stevens:
    Quote from @David Yu:

Hi Bob, I’m breaking into the Cleveland market also. Could I ask for your lists of recommendations? 

When you are ready and have cash on hand feel free to reach out

All the best 

User Stats

Votes
    River Sava
    Pro Member
    #1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
    • Lender
    • USA
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
    • Lender
    • USA
    Replied Jul 9 2024, 08:42

Hey David, 

Happy to connect with you. Just finished up a project in Cincinnati. 

User Stats

Votes
    Samantha Fedor
    Property Manager
    • Property Manager
    • Cincinnati, OH
    Votes |
    Property Manager
    • Property Manager
    • Cincinnati, OH
    Replied Jul 9 2024, 13:00

Happy to connect! Mainly in Cincinnati, I will shoot you a message.

User Stats

Votes
    Jimmy Lieu
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Votes |
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Replied Jul 10 2024, 08:43
    Quote from @Serena Lee:
    Quote from @Bob Stevens:
    Quote from @David Yu:

Hi Serena, have you thought about investing in Columbus? Tons of amazing opportunity there! Especially deals that hit the 1% rule and amazing appreciation. Super untapped market! I would recommend taking a look there as well

User Stats

Votes
    Kristin Solbach
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied Jul 21 2024, 01:07

Hi Jimmy, I am looking at investing in Columbus and would like to connect. 

Thanks a lot,

Kristin

User Stats

Votes
    Jimmy Lieu
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Votes |
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Replied Jul 21 2024, 09:54
    Quote from @Kristin Solbach:

Hi Jimmy, I am looking at investing in Columbus and would like to connect. 

Thanks a lot,

Kristin

Hi Kristin, sending you message!

User Stats

Votes
    Alfath Ahmed
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Votes |
    Agent
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Columbus, OH
    Replied Jul 22 2024, 06:32
    Quote from @David Yu:

David - You can definitely find the right team here on BP. I recommend finding a good agent who can provide you with the right contacts for a GC, lender, PM and the right off-market deal flow. 

User Stats

Votes
    Replied Jul 24 2024, 21:15

I'm currently visiting Columbus and visiting a business partner. I'm interested to find a duplex to fourplex to brrr. 

If anyone wants to partner up to get into some larger multi-family units, let me know.

User Stats

Votes
    Robert Ellis
    Agent
    • Developer
    • Columbus, OH
    Votes |
    Agent
    • Developer
    • Columbus, OH
    Replied Aug 1 2024, 08:22
    Quote from @Cavan Mitchell:

I'm currently visiting Columbus and visiting a business partner. I'm interested to find a duplex to fourplex to brrr. 

If anyone wants to partner up to get into some larger multi-family units, let me know.

cavan, I'll shoot you a PM we do ground up multi in columbus as well as land development for larger multifamily with underpriced land