Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
House Hacking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Joey Navarro
Pro Member
Votes |
House Hacking in Columbus, Ohio

Joey Navarro
Pro Member
Posted

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! I'm intrigued by the concept of serial house hacking and feel like it's a solid strategy for accumulating investment properties. I live in Las Vegas, NV currently but see better opportunities for multi-housing investing in midwestern cities. I'm particularly drawn to Columbus, Ohio.

I would love to connect with an investor-friendly real estate agent in Ohio to help guide me through the journey. I'm also open to other markets as well. I work remote so really can live anywhere. Just want to go where I'll have the most success house hacking. Thanks for your time! 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied
Quote from @Joey Navarro:

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! I'm intrigued by the concept of serial house hacking and feel like it's a solid strategy for accumulating investment properties. I live in Las Vegas, NV currently but see better opportunities for multi-housing investing in midwestern cities. I'm particularly drawn to Columbus, Ohio.

I would love to connect with an investor-friendly real estate agent in Ohio to help guide me through the journey. I'm also open to other markets as well. I work remote so really can live anywhere. Just want to go where I'll have the most success house hacking. Thanks for your time! 

Welcome to BP! I started house hacking in 2017. I would be happy to connect with you

User Stats

Votes
Austin McClain
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Replied

I'm a fan of housing hacking too. I'm moving into a new house hack duplex in Gahanna this weekend - the strategy has helped me scale. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony L Amos Jr
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

This is a great strategy to quickly build up cash flow to supplement your income. I just helped an investor house hack here in Columbus. He's living in one side and the other side is doing great as a short term rental. Happy to connect! 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Paolucci
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, Oh
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, Oh
Replied

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! 

Great strategy! I'm house hacking a duplex in Hilliard currently. Excellent way to break into investing and scale your portfolio. I'm originally from San Francisco, CA so happy to help & be a resource for you. Good luck with your journey! 

User Stats

Votes
Kerlous Tadres
Pro Member
#3 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hey Larry, 
I just got a house-hack in Columbus back in March and it's going great! Let me know if there is anyway I can help

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hey Joey, that's a nice plan. I'd be happy to connect with you.

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Diouf
Agent
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied

I love house hacking in Columbus because you can get into the higher priced areas and leverage your money very effectively. 

Returns on cash invested will be huge when you factor in the appreciation gains. You can double your money in one year if your property appreciates only 5%. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied

@Joey Navarro
Columbus is a great place to get started house hacking in

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hi Joey, welcome to the BiggerPockets community! I started with house hacking myself when I moved from Portland OR to Columbus OH. I also helped some of my clients do the same. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.

User Stats

Votes
Min Zhang
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied

Hi Joey, house hacking is what I did here in Columbus, Ohio when I started investing in 2020.

Here is an article with more information on what a house hack is - https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/house-hacking

Let me know how I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Allen
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied

@Joey Navarro Welcome to BiggerPockets! House hacking is definitely one of the very best ways to get started by putting less than 3-5% down then doing the same thing a year later. It's a great way to scale for your first few years.