Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
John Archer
Pro Member
Votes |
Pace Morby and his gator lending tribe

John Archer
Pro Member
Posted Jun 24 2023, 19:41

Hello BP community, 

I’ve recently gone down on a black whole on youtube about Pace Morby. Specifically his gator lending videos and his community. I’ve looked into joining his gator lending tribe for 3000. But I’m a bit hesitant. Has anyone one on here joined his community and seen results. It almost seems to good to be true. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jun 25 2023, 00:43
Quote from @John Archer:

Hello BP community, 

I’ve recently gone down on a black whole on youtube about Pace Morby. Specifically his gator lending videos and his community. I’ve looked into joining his gator lending tribe for 3000. But I’m a bit hesitant. Has anyone one on here joined his community and seen results. It almost seems to good to be true. 

I've asked several times for anyone to post that they actually made money after paying the fee and nobody has posted that they have. And I saw a video where Pace Morby is trying to team up with Grant Cardone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= dDr6gFksIO4 who apparently is under investigation https://www.bizjournals.com/so... I don't know where that leaves you but check and make sure it's what you want before sending money.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jun 25 2023, 05:29

@John Archer

There is other comments about this method here on BP. As Mike mentioned do your own due diligence

Find out those who took it and What “secrets” could be told in a $3000 course that could not be found here on BP or youtube.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Angel Hagen
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Replied Jun 25 2023, 05:52

All of the 20 somethings in our market think he’s the best thing since sliced bread, but they don’t know any successful investors off YouTube. The great ones are not there. 

I think there are better ways to spend your money. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Carbonare
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Jun 25 2023, 07:25

@John Archer You said it yourself:  "It almost seems too good to be true".  Caveat emptor

User Stats

Votes
John Archer
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 25 2023, 11:10
Quote from @Angel Hagen:

All of the 20 somethings in our market think he’s the best thing since sliced bread, but they don’t know any successful investors off YouTube. The great ones are not there. 

Yeah I was just curious, A big reason why I started to listen to him was because BP was pushing his book. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied Jun 25 2023, 11:27
Quote from @John Archer:
Quote from @Angel Hagen:

Yeah I was just curious, A big reason why I started to listen to him was because BP was pushing his book. 

we have seen this before with folks on BP.. this site used to be pretty anti paid any kind of training that has now all changed.. there is nothing different from this guy than any of the other paid gurus not that its a bad thing.. but just keep in mind they make their money selling their information. And they make a lot of it..

Now if the gater your talking about is loaning small dollars to wholesalers thats a non starter.. Most wholesalers lock stuff up for next to nothing etc.. Hard pass in my mind to pay 3k to be taught how to find wholesalers and lend them Earnest money :)  Just sayin.. that is simply not a business model. Now if gater is something different then disregard what I wrote.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Carbonare
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Jun 26 2023, 08:13
Quote from @John Archer:

When in doubt, follow the money.

User Stats

Votes
Christaye Foster
  • Investor
  • Texarkana TX/AR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Texarkana TX/AR
Replied Jun 26 2023, 13:30

copied my reply to same question:

Hello and very glad to see the confirmation re. Gator method and PCS; hubs and I had a meeting w/ PCS this morning and didn't need all the LLC creation and such so we jumped to the 'Corporate Financial Program' - already sounds VERY ambiguous... So we sat through a 40 minute power point re. Paydex profile, building a bus. score etc. and then getting Paydex 'funding' tied to LLC at 2-10% for 6 to 18 months -- SERIOUSLY?????... I asked him where the 'funding' actually comes from and he says there are programs that they have set up to coach us through that... So we talked to our attorney/CFO contact and he told us to be very very suspicous; seems more like cash cow for Pace when getting few 100 students every month to fork over $2k and tell them it takes 6 mnths to 'set up' (umm - a DUNS # is FREE) and then throw them a bone after you've made how much cash-on-cash w/ the $200k that comes in every couple weeks...

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Jun 26 2023, 18:38

Yes, I am part of the "Gator method tribe". I love it. I've learned so much in a short amount of time, made some money and I love being part of the community

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied Jun 26 2023, 18:47
Quote from @Account Closed:

Yes, I am part of the "Gator method tribe". I love it. I've learned so much in a short amount of time, made some money and I love being part of the community

here we go  first post on Bp.. not saying anything derogatory but these posts are generally schills.
Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Jun 26 2023, 20:45

That's not true, I'm real and I'm serious, and that's how I feel about it.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jun 26 2023, 21:20

Well, there ya go. ;-)

Now, another commenter said there was a "Non compete" agreement that was part of the contract to work with him. Meaning that you couldn't work with anyone else.
Is that your understanding? Have you taken the time to read the contract?

I don't want to misrepresent anything, I'm just looking for clarification.
BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 30 2023, 14:32

I too was took my time to watch a webnair just to be told the same thing that was found on youtube about the gator method. I have a person right now needing 10K and well I don't want to use my money and I would need to know how to ensure it's handled correctly with in the even of default. This is the part that is held back. I think if I paid 3k it wouldn't be worth it because now I have to figure out were to get all the leads from. It's no different than looking for buyers in this current market I am in. If there would be peopole talk about their experience it would be a better feeling about diving in.

User Stats

Votes
Robyn Cerone
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2023, 08:07

I joined Pace's Gator tribe in January and have learned a great deal about funding wholesalers EMD and private money lending. I have made some money, but more so on the private money lending side which Pace really has not delved into thus far, although, we are told more specific training is coming on this. I work directly with other private lenders who have been doing this far longer than Pace's program who have established a great track record of ongoing incoming deals and have legal systems in place. Convenient is the word I would use for PCS. They are best for anyone who just wants to get their entities set up properly with the correct documentation and anonymity and move forward. Being new to real estate, I was not aware of articles of organization and operating agreements etc. And they handle all of this for you. They also provide tax services which I do not use, too expensive, and help you establish lines of credit for your business. Can't speak to this as I really have not seen the benefit so far. What I can say is, I have made back what I paid into the program and have been welcomed into a community of like-minded people who go out of their way to help and bring each other deals. There's always going to be that one person here or there that Is all about themselves, but I can honestly say I have not met them yet in this community. My network has grown substantially in the real estate space, through Pace I have made many friends, and have learned a great deal about creative finance along the way. Take that for what it is. I am naturally an introvert and so this community has helped me come out of my shell. Paces staff works diligently to answer all questions in a timely manner, I have even reached out to pace on Instagram myself and he has answered my questions personally. Weekly live zooms and trainings are happening all the time. There's a lot of hand holding that goes on, no one is left behind. New people come into the community all the time and it has gotten quite competitive out there for lending, but if you can build a rapport with fix and flippers and wholesalers and you are fair in what you charge as a return on their lending request, you will have a borrower for life. And repeat business is the name of the game. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions, I'm happy to share what I've learned.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 8 2023, 10:29

@Jay Hinrichs

This the same guy?

https://www.ksl.com/article/5684021/employees-with-tank-company-want-their-money?utm_source=email_share&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=utah

Several Reddit threads about this and allegedly has his license revoked in Arizona as a GC for numerous violations.

https://azroc.my.site.com/AZRoc/s/contractor-search?licenseId=a0ot0000000NaFsAAK

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied Jul 8 2023, 11:31
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Jay Hinrichs

This the same guy?

https://www.ksl.com/article/5684021/employees-with-tank-company-want-their-money?utm_source=email_share&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=utah

Several Reddit threads about this and allegedly has his license revoked in Arizona as a GC for numerous violations.

https://azroc.my.site.com/AZRoc/s/contractor-search?licenseId=a0ot0000000NaFsAAK

I dont know but thats a unique name so it would be one heck of a coincident. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied Jul 8 2023, 11:38
Quote from @Robyn Cerone:

I joined Pace's Gator tribe in January and have learned a great deal about funding wholesalers EMD and private money lending. I have made some money, but more so on the private money lending side which Pace really has not delved into thus far, although, we are told more specific training is coming on this. I work directly with other private lenders who have been doing this far longer than Pace's program who have established a great track record of ongoing incoming deals and have legal systems in place. Convenient is the word I would use for PCS. They are best for anyone who just wants to get their entities set up properly with the correct documentation and anonymity and move forward. Being new to real estate, I was not aware of articles of organization and operating agreements etc. And they handle all of this for you. They also provide tax services which I do not use, too expensive, and help you establish lines of credit for your business. Can't speak to this as I really have not seen the benefit so far. What I can say is, I have made back what I paid into the program and have been welcomed into a community of like-minded people who go out of their way to help and bring each other deals. There's always going to be that one person here or there that Is all about themselves, but I can honestly say I have not met them yet in this community. My network has grown substantially in the real estate space, through Pace I have made many friends, and have learned a great deal about creative finance along the way. Take that for what it is. I am naturally an introvert and so this community has helped me come out of my shell. Paces staff works diligently to answer all questions in a timely manner, I have even reached out to pace on Instagram myself and he has answered my questions personally. Weekly live zooms and trainings are happening all the time. There's a lot of hand holding that goes on, no one is left behind. New people come into the community all the time and it has gotten quite competitive out there for lending, but if you can build a rapport with fix and flippers and wholesalers and you are fair in what you charge as a return on their lending request, you will have a borrower for life. And repeat business is the name of the game. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions, I'm happy to share what I've learned.

there is nothing wrong with joining the club. and 3k is not earth shattering.. If you feel you got value then thats all that matters..  My comments on the subject have to do with the validity and risks involved with loaning wholesalers EMD.  Its an extremely limited target market. And the loans are so small lot of work for small revenue and how sustainable it would be..  Private money lending is something all together different and I my self have been doing it for 3 plus decades and owned a pretty sizable HML company in the day actually 2 of them.. So I know that part of the business quite well.  The bottom line is 90% of the folks that pay the 3k will do nothing with it other than be a member of the club.  And again thats cool if thats what they want to do. But there should be some realistic expectations and talk of how viable a business of just loaning EMD is.

And then the risk one person who posted said if the deal did not go through well then title company would simply send him his money back.  WRONG  EMD need mutual cancellation  agreements signed by the property seller / owner and the buyer before the money is released and I can tell you by years and years of experience  EMD get held up all the time over squabbles  seller gets pissed off because wholesaler said he / she was buying the property when they really were not.. And simply wont sign to give the EMD back.. then you have to litigate for it.. who is going to hire and attorney or a 1 or 2k dispute only a fool would do that.  So a little more to it thats the point some others and myself are making.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 15 2023, 09:13
Quote from @John Archer:

Hello BP community, 

There are better options. $3,000.00 is lower than I have heard people say they have paid. $8,800 to 11,000.00 is more realistic because like most guru's they hold back key components unless you pay more for them. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 15 2023, 09:14

PCS is overpriced. There are 2 companies in Wyoming offering the same service and actually better service for less than half the price. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 15 2023, 09:17
Quote from @Christaye Foster:

copied my reply to same question:

Hello and very glad to see the confirmation re. Gator method and PCS; hubs and I had a meeting w/ PCS this morning and didn't need all the LLC creation and such so we jumped to the 'Corporate Financial Program' - already sounds VERY ambiguous... So we sat through a 40 minute power point re. Paydex profile, building a bus. score etc. and then getting Paydex 'funding' tied to LLC at 2-10% for 6 to 18 months -- SERIOUSLY?????... I asked him where the 'funding' actually comes from and he says there are programs that they have set up to coach us through that... So we talked to our attorney/CFO contact and he told us to be very very suspicous; seems more like cash cow for Pace when getting few 100 students every month to fork over $2k and tell them it takes 6 mnths to 'set up' (umm - a DUNS # is FREE) and then throw them a bone after you've made how much cash-on-cash w/ the $200k that comes in every couple weeks...

Yes. You can get a DUNS number for free. You can also get everything PCS offers for less than half with the 2 companies in Sheridan Wy and Cheyenne. Every guru holds back and wants more money. Oh you want that? $ This. $. Then comes Super Mystery Weekend in las Vegas ansd you feel like you're at a combination of an Amway convention and a political rally. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 15 2023, 09:19
Quote from @Angel Hagen:

And the 20 somethings are arrogant know it all wannabes. They don't listen. Have very little respect. We don't need demogogues in the industry and some of these new gurus are trying to be just that. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 15 2023, 09:21

Well, there ya go. ;-)

Now, another commenter said there was a "Non compete" agreement that was part of the contract to work with him. Meaning that you couldn't work with anyone else.
Is that your understanding? Have you taken the time to read the contract?

I don't want to misrepresent anything, I'm just looking for clarification.

It's true. I have also experienced first hand his "henchmen" trying to infiltrate other groups to get people into the Gator thing. Going so far as how to get a refund from any groups they're in so they can afford to pay the $8,800 to $11,000.00 Pace charges. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eric Gerakos
  • Investor
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Replied Jul 15 2023, 12:30

There's so much negativity in this forum. I am surprised. It's funny because bigger pockets isn't even mentioned in gator. There are a lot of opinions from people who have no first-hand experience. I think I won't come back again. Good luck to all of you

Jennifer, with all due respect, when experienced investors give you advice and you call it "negativity" because it's not what you want to hear. You may want rethink that.

User Stats

Votes
Angel Hagen
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Replied Jul 16 2023, 05:39

@Account Closed It is great to be part of a community. I am a part of several, in addition to BP and I am not sure how I could have grown without it. However, my local REIA is the only paid community that I am a part of and it is $200 per year. The REIA exists to support new investors.

It may seem like a great thing and you may get some good information and value from the program. However, do you think that the program ultimately exists to assure that you succeed or does it exist to make PM money? What guarantees for success does it make and what outcomes are measured regarding the validity of the "program"? 

User Stats

Votes
Angel Hagen
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Belton, MO
Replied Jul 16 2023, 05:52

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have found value in the program. That is great! It just doesn't sound much different than what I have gotten from my local REIA.