Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Linda Fang
Pro Member
Votes |
Pace Morby’s Subto program : standard package or executive packa?

Linda Fang
Pro Member
Posted

Hi, I am new here. I am going to join Pace Morby’s Subto program later. Just wondering if I should go in with standard package ($8,800) or executive package ($11,800)? Appreciate any recommendations and advice. Thank you!!!!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied

@Linda Fang

I would start with William tingle program first for 1/100 the price

• Chris Seveney
  • User Stats

Votes
    Replied

So I just posted the exact same thing! Personally I’m tempted by the higher tier, yes all this info can be free etc but I’m wanting the connections, the other people willing to invest in themselves and the connections it brings. Be great to chat and learn more about your journey

BiggerPockets logo
    BiggerPockets
    |
    Sponsored
    Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
    Patrick Britton
    • Ann Arbor, MI
    Votes |
    • Ann Arbor, MI
    Replied

OMG!!!!  really!?!?!?!  this is 100% worthless!  all their info, tips, etc., can be found here on PB and Youtube for free.  

User Stats

Votes
    Scott Esmail
    • Investor
    • Orlando, Fl
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Orlando, Fl
    Replied

You can get all that stuff for free on BP, meet ups and Youtube. Use that money your saving towards deals. At least this is what I would do. Most meet ups have a least one guy doing deals that I am sure you can take out to a nice meal afterwards and get most of the info you would need.

User Stats

Votes
    Bob Stevens
    Pro Member
    #3 Real Estate Agent Contributor
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #3 Real Estate Agent Contributor
    • Real Estate Consultant
    • Cleveland
    Replied
    Quote from @Linda Fang:

Hi, I am new here. I am going to join Pace Morby’s Subto program later. Just wondering if I should go in with standard package ($8,800) or executive package ($11,800)? Appreciate any recommendations and advice. Thank you!!!!

Yes save your money, thats insane!! Connect with someone doing deals, learn then apply what you learn. I have never read a RE book and certainly never went to any guru, and have done it all. More than 500 properties, PM, short sales, tax liens, sheriffs and more,  

Good luck 

Dam maybe I should put together a book and tapes and sell them 

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied

Thank you for your response, Bob!! Would love to learn from the expert like you and maybe work some deals together in the future:)

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied
    Quote from @Scott Esmail:

You can get all that stuff for free on BP, meet ups and Youtube. Use that money your saving towards deals. At least this is what I would do. Most meet ups have a least one guy doing deals that I am sure you can take out to a nice meal afterwards and get most of the info you would need.

Thanks, Scott! Appreciate your response!

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied
    Quote from @Patrick Britton:

OMG!!!!  really!?!?!?!  this is 100% worthless!  all their info, tips, etc., can be found here on PB and Youtube for free.  

Thanks for your response, Patrick!! Want to transition from SF to MF with creative financing, the most challenging part is to find the off market deal for me

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied
    Quote from @Jeremy Huson:

So I just posted the exact same thing! Personally I’m tempted by the higher tier, yes all this info can be free etc but I’m wanting the connections, the other people willing to invest in themselves and the connections it brings. Be great to chat and learn more about your journey

hi Jeremy, did you join Subto already?

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Linda Fang

I would start with William tingle program first for 1/100 the price

Thanks, Chris!! Do you know how much is William Tingle program?

User Stats

Votes
    Chavel Diaz Jr
    • Investor
    • San Antonio, TX
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • San Antonio, TX
    Replied

@Linda Fang Consider Propelio's Free Course given by Grant Kemp, he's an Expert in Sub2's & OF. The course(s) is completely free and doesn't hide nothing or a hook to buy a mentorship/program. https://www.propelio.com/acade... and a Owner Finance course give by Dan Diaz (no relation). Same thing. Dan is awesome and his group on Facebook, OwnerFinanceMeNow is awesome. https://www.propelio.com/acade...

The way I learned Sub2's and OF is I found a mentor, approached them about bringing value to them and their operation and they took me on as a mentee. Since then I came across Grant Kemp & Dan Diaz and they've solidified my Sub2 & OF skills.

Learning from a mentor hands on it the best way but if you can't find one I highly recommend Grant and Dan's course and that you follow them on FB & Youtube.

GL and Best Wishes,

Chavel

User Stats

Votes
    Steve Haag
    • Real Estate Investor
    • Ridgway, CO
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Investor
    • Ridgway, CO
    Replied
    Quote from @Linda Fang:

Hey Linda,

late to respond her but everyone saying you can get all the info here for free, have no idea what the subto program is. I joined back in June and the membership has been invaluable. It’s a family, not just another course you buy and get a bunch of docs. There weren’t tiers when I joined so I can’t speak to that but Pace puts in 20+ hours a week of live calls, there are hundreds of documents available for anything you need in RE, the students are all a family and team up on deals. If you join and put in the work it absolutely, 100%, will pay for itself in the first 1-2 months. You will not regret joining. 
    BiggerPockets logo
    PassivePockets is here!
    |
    BiggerPockets
    Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied

Thanks, Steve!! I joined by the end of Nov and happy to connect:)

User Stats

Votes
    Joel Case
    • Rental Property Investor
    • Ocean Springs, MS
    Votes |
    • Ocean Springs, MS
    Replied

I listened to Pace Morby's episode on the Bigger Pocket podcast and I must admit that I was dazzled. Then when I did my own research on a few interesting things he talked about, I was unable to find anything to backup his claims. This made me extremely suspicious of Pace and there is no way I would spend more than $150 for any information that he has to provide. Go to your local REIA meeting, make local connections, and use that $11k as your down payment on your first property. Be an investor instead of a student.

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied

Thank you for your response, Joel!

User Stats

Votes
    Nate Marshall#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
    • Financial Advisor
    • Evergreen, CO
    Votes |
    Nate Marshall#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
    • Financial Advisor
    • Evergreen, CO
    Replied

A hard NO! Hell I can get you my databases of 1,341 lenders and 8,000 plus funding contacts for a fraction of that. 

User Stats

Votes
    V.G Jason
    Pro Member
    #2 Market Trends & Data Contributor
    • Investor
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Replied

Hard pass on all the options above.

If you're in Houston, I know a few there. One that is just getting started if you wanted to get connected with.

User Stats

Votes
    V.G Jason
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Replied
    Quote from @Joel Case:

I listened to Pace Morby's episode on the Bigger Pocket podcast and I must admit that I was dazzled. Then when I did my own research on a few interesting things he talked about, I was unable to find anything to backup his claims. This made me extremely suspicious of Pace and there is no way I would spend more than $150 for any information that he has to provide. Go to your local REIA meeting, make local connections, and use that $11k as your down payment on your first property. Be an investor instead of a student.

He just pushes his subto team thing ad nauseum. I don't doubt that some people have done really well with it, but it's like anything else. Those people would have done well regardless just due to their level of pursuit. All the strategies are public, employing them are case by case.

User Stats

Votes
    Joseph Crunkilton
    • Oregon City, OR
    Votes |
    • Oregon City, OR
    Replied

Hi Linda, I'd recommend not doing the program. You'll get a course and access to probably a facebook group. While this is helpful, you'll get the same help from BP, a network and public FB REI groups.

Connect with people on here, be friendly and ask questions. Read books, listen to podcasts and evaluate some deals. $11k for a wholesaling group seems way over the top for a beginner. Wholesaling is a crazy saturated and difficult strategy. It's more marketing and sales than REI anyways.

User Stats

Votes
    Joseph Crunkilton
    • Oregon City, OR
    Votes |
    • Oregon City, OR
    Replied
    Quote from @V.G Jason:
    Quote from @Joel Case:

He just pushes his subto team thing ad nauseum. I don't doubt that some people have done really well with it, but it's like anything else. Those people would have done well regardless just due to their level of pursuit. All the strategies are public, employing them are case by case.

Just the usual guru thing. He's got some secret method and exclusive group that you "need" access to to be successful. Wholesaling is dead and there's way more efficient ways to make money in real estate. 

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied
    Quote from @V.G Jason:

If you're in Houston, I know a few there. One that is just getting started if you wanted to get connected with.

Yes, I am in Houston. Thanks for your response!

User Stats

Votes
    V.G Jason
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Replied
    Quote from @Linda Fang:
    Quote from @V.G Jason:

Yes, I am in Houston. Thanks for your response!
    Cool, I got a younger fella out there that is going to start knocking on some doors here soon. Or at least that's his intention last we spoke, if you want to connect with him let me know. 

User Stats

Votes
    Linda Fang
    Pro Member
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    Replied

Thank you for your response!!

User Stats

Votes
    Steve Haag
    • Real Estate Investor
    • Ridgway, CO
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Investor
    • Ridgway, CO
    Replied
    Quote from @Joseph Crunkilton:

Hi Linda, I'd recommend not doing the program. You'll get a course and access to probably a facebook group. While this is helpful, you'll get the same help from BP, a network and public FB REI groups.

Connect with people on here, be friendly and ask questions. Read books, listen to podcasts and evaluate some deals. $11k for a wholesaling group seems way over the top for a beginner. Wholesaling is a crazy saturated and difficult strategy. It's more marketing and sales than REI anyways.

If you’re going to give advise at least have a clue on what you’re talking about. Wrong on all points about what you assumed what the program is. Sure there’s a course of recorded videos and a FB group. That’s not the real value. It’s the 30+ hours a week of live zoom calls within the community, the daily and nightly dials where you’re actually sharpening your skills making calls to sellers, agents, homeowners in distress, etc. The discord channel where you’ll do deals with others in the community, have instant access to any questions answered, have a number of wholesalers, lenders, transaction coordinators, realtors, buyers, and sellers in every asset class. Wholesaling is only a small part of the community, this isn’t one of those courses you’ll drop thousands on and just get a portal to watch a bunch of videos. 

User Stats

Votes
    V.G Jason
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    Replied
    Quote from @Steve Haag:
    Quote from @Joseph Crunkilton:

If you’re going to give advise at least have a clue on what you’re talking about. Wrong on all points about what you assumed what the program is. Sure there’s a course of recorded videos and a FB group. That’s not the real value. It’s the 30+ hours a week of live zoom calls within the community, the daily and nightly dials where you’re actually sharpening your skills making calls to sellers, agents, homeowners in distress, etc. The discord channel where you’ll do deals with others in the community, have instant access to any questions answered, have a number of wholesalers, lenders, transaction coordinators, realtors, buyers, and sellers in every asset class. Wholesaling is only a small part of the community, this isn’t one of those courses you’ll drop thousands on and just get a portal to watch a bunch of videos. 

Alright Pace, we already know your opinion.