Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Agent
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Myles Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buford, GA
Votes |
Where to get phone numbers for cold calling?

Myles Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buford, GA
Posted

I am a new agent. I am interested in hearing where do you get your lists of numbers to call from. 

All feedback is appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Shane Hedeen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Louis Park, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Louis Park, MN
Replied

If you are literally looking for the biggest list of phone numbers for free, go get a phone book for an area. There are plenty of online sites with contact information, as well as the old school phone book. 

I'm guessing you are looking for a more targeted list somehow. I don't do any cold calling myself, but there are many services to pay for expired/FSBO listings out there.

Cold calling isn't impossible by any means, but it's a big volume game and takes a lot of commitment and acceptance of a high volume of failure. 

In my personal opinion, as the years go and technology changes, less and less people want to ever be cold called in any way. People of all ages are cutting ties with their land lines, and cell phone information is tougher to reach and easier to protect for the consumer on the do not call lists. With cold calling, you have to have a way to check the DNC list and obey those laws. 

What other ways are you using to generate business outside of cold calling? 

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Olszak
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Replied

@Myles Brown For straight cold calling by area: Cole Realty Resource. You can draw on a map and it'll give you all home phones and cell phones for those addresses. Export it to MojoSells and dial 3 lines at a time.

For expireds/fsbo, there are a number of services, Vulkan is pretty good and has a built in dialer.

Going the expireds/fsbo route, you'll need to be super strong on your scripts to respond to their objections - these people have tons of agents calling as soon as 8am hits the day they expire, and their phone stays lit up for days.

Straight cold calling by geography takes a huge amount of dedication and follow up. Come-list-me calls do exist, but most of the time you'll need to follow up a ton to stay on their minds for when they are ready to sell. Expect results after a minimum of 6 months of calling.

Olszak Realty Inc. Logo
BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

i know there are people ou there who does list building and skip tracing. message me i know some of them

Account Closed
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Charleston, SC
Replied

@Myles Brown congrats on becoming a new agent in the Southeast, would love to discuss how the market conditions of Buford differ from Charleston, SC. I get my lists through listsource and an independent site called rebogateway. Then I skiptrace the list with my own system to get the numbers to dial.

@Shane Hedeen you are correct that cold calling takes a lot of commitment and a higher acceptance of failure. However, you can outsource the cold calling to the call centers in the Philippines. I have some centers I use that only charge by the connection and they are very effective in sending highly qualified leads my way.

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Pinto
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Replied

In the residential side I think Vulcan is the best. On the commercial side Costar give you a lot of numbers so does reonemy. Those owners need help leasing and buying. And with strong follow up they will need help selling too. 

You can ask your title reps to pull you a list of non owner occupied out of state owners and search for each of their numbers individually. I use people search. Com

User Stats

Votes
Jose Castillo
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Springfield, MA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Springfield, MA
Replied

Matthew Olszak can an investor use mojosells for absentee, probate leads, etc?

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Olszak
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Replied

@Jose Castillo They offer expired leads if you have an MLS login; FSBO leads and neighborhood pulls as far as data open to anyone. But their value is in the dialer and CRM. Get your data elsewhere, then import it to their 3-line dialer.

Olszak Realty Inc. Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andrew S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied
Originally posted by @Shane Hedeen:

If you are literally looking for the biggest list of phone numbers for free, go get a phone book for an area. There are plenty of online sites with contact information, as well as the old school phone book

I'm guessing you are looking for a more targeted list somehow. I don't do any cold calling myself, but there are many services to pay for expired/FSBO listings out there.

Cold calling isn't impossible by any means, but it's a big volume game and takes a lot of commitment and acceptance of a high volume of failure. 

In my personal opinion, as the years go and technology changes, less and less people want to ever be cold called in any way. People of all ages are cutting ties with their land lines, and cell phone information is tougher to reach and easier to protect for the consumer on the do not call lists. With cold calling, you have to have a way to check the DNC list and obey those laws. 

What other ways are you using to generate business outside of cold calling? 

What do you suggest instead of cold calling to help generate leads as new agent? 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Bracero
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westboro, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westboro, MA
Replied

@Andrew S.

Pick a strategy on lead gen and stick with it for at least 6 months. It will take time. You can look into facebook ads, website, social media, door knocking, postcards, eddm, farming, networking events, sponsor local events, seminars. The key is don't get "shiny object syndrome" and just try a method for 1-2 months.. and pick a new one! 

User Stats

Votes
Robbie Reutzel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Acton, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Acton, MA
Replied

@Jose Castillo, yes you can use mojo for probate, absentee and other lists provided you have phone data for them.  There are many services that will provide it but only a few provide accurate numbers.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

@Robbie ReutzelThanks for the great responses. What service do you recommend that provide quality phone numbers? I’m an investor looking to generate more leads for the funnel.

Warm regards,