Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
How to effectively build a buyers list

Tiffany T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted

As a newbie, I learned a lot from my first deal and now I am eagerly to know how to effectively build a buyers list as I think this is a primary thing to find out as a real estate investor. Need any mentor, investor or guru to contribute their successful experience would be highly appreciated. :D

User Stats

Votes
Justin S.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied

Go to the following websites:

www.priorityposting.com, http://lpsasap.com/, and recontrust.com.

Create a report of properties that sold at auction to third parties within the last seven days for your area. Drive each property, there will be a painter, plumber, owner, landscaper, sign in the front yard, etc for each property. Ask for the homeowners number and give them a call. Auction buyers are cash buyers who do not mess around, and that is who you want.

For each contractor you meet, ask for a business card and their pricing. Now you've got your contractors when you do your flips.

I literally did this yesterday and met a couple who move 100 properties a year and their painter beat my current painter by $0.20/sq.ft.

Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Jason S.
  • Investor
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Replied
Originally posted by wheelhouse:
Go to the following websites:

www.priorityposting.com, http://lpsasap.com/, and recontrust.com.

Create a report of properties that sold at auction to third parties within the last seven days for your area. Drive each property, there will be a painter, plumber, owner, landscaper, sign in the front yard, etc for each property. Ask for the homeowners number and give them a call. Auction buyers are cash buyers who do not mess around, and that is who you want.

For each contractor you meet, ask for a business card and their pricing. Now you've got your contractors when you do your flips.

I literally did this yesterday and met a couple who move 100 properties a year and their painter beat my current painter by $0.20/sq.ft.

Good luck.

+1 !!

This is advice I have given many times and is great to see it from others - superb!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin S.
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied
+1 !!

This is advice I have given many times and is great to see it from others - superb!

Thanks JCC, I have not read or heard of it being done but its remarkably simple and an easy to do. You can build your buyers list very fast with high quality cash buyers. And grow your network of contractors, painters, plumbers, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Jason S.
  • Investor
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Diamond Bar, CA
Replied

Justin,

I was more specifically speaking of rmeeting the contractor and investor etc - I usually advise to watch as REO sales occur and/or pull trustees deeds - it was your stroke of genius that had them go straight to the posting company.

The trustee's deed (as does the posting company ) also shows how much they paid for the home so you also have an idea of what the buyer is willing to pay.

and now that everyone knows how to find buyers.......

the focus should be on finding a deal.

I really think finding the "deal" is much harder than finding the buyer.

Tiffany - on this forum, for your market area there are a lot of buyers for the right deal - welcome.

User Stats

Votes
Sam M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Craigmont, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Craigmont, ID
Replied

I just began building mine using the county records as I have access at home. I just search for "trustee’s deed" and walla! Pick out all third party buyers then I can break it down and see how many they have purchased and how many properties they own by running a search using their name.
That also widens the field as there are several trustee services operating in my area not just recontrust.

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied

@ Justin - great job Justin, you are learning the ropes it seems.

@ Sam M - You hit the nail on the head. Thjis is the strategy to use while staying in your home or office and it works VERY well!

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

Justin and Sam - appreciated for the great and informative idea. I will work hard to start building a buyers list from now on.

JCC - I agree with you as an investor, finding a qualify buyer is important as well as finding a deal. I think you may create a topic of how to find a deal in forums like me so everyone may get benefit of it.

Thank you BP and everyone here. I love it.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Haskins
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied

Use bandit signs to build a buyers list. Even if you don’t have a deal to promote you will get a ton of calls and then just say that you sold that property but will have another one shortly. You can also call we buy houses signs, in yellow pages and google we buy houses in your area to find buyers. You can also look in the tax record to find buyers that have bought multiple properties in your area recently.

Brian Haskins

User Stats

Votes
Matt Afolabi
  • Wholesaler
  • Darby, PA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Darby, PA
Replied
Originally posted by Sam M.:
I just began building mine using the county records as I have access at home. I just search for "trustee’s deed" and walla! Pick out all third party buyers then I can break it down and see how many they have purchased and how many properties they own by running a search using their name.
That also widens the field as there are several trustee services operating in my area not just recontrust.

I just finished reading your post. I am not sure of how to find the trust deed on the Philadelphia County information on the web.

I will appreciated your response and help.

User Stats

Votes
Starleen Brust
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Votes |
  • Costa Mesa, CA
Replied

County records is a great way to find investors, it may take a little work locating the list and then a lot of work calling them all.