Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Haanen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Furnished Finder Communication

Tyler Haanen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted

Hey all,

Quick question for everyone, how do you reach out to prospective tenants? Do you just use Furnished Finder messages, email, text, or all three? I guess I have been hesitant to bombard people with the same message three times. Perhaps does anyone just call them right off the bat? Anyone do follow up messages if they didn’t get a response the first time?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

We respond on FF and send them a text or email as well, depending on what contact info they provide. FF sometimes has issues with it's messaging system so I don't want to rely solely on that. I do at least follow up once if they don't respond and it's a booking I want to pursue. Once you connect with them, try to feel out what method they prefer. If they have questions, they may prefer a phone call and that always feels the most personal. Sometimes people prefer email or text though.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied

I call right away unless the lead has another preferred communication method. I’ll then follow up via text. Furnished Finder’s messaging system can be wonky and I don’t want to miss a potential guest because of glitches. When a lead comes through as a booking inquiry I take the lead off of the platform as soon as possible. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Vida
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied

If they send me a housing request I message them back on FF. If they don't respond then I try either email or text, but usually if someone is serious and interested, they will respond on FF.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I have been replying on FF and sending them emails as well but I will take note and also start calling them or texting them.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I almost always call if a phone number is available.  This can help you set up a connection much quicker and gives you an opportunity to make a personal first impression that you dont get with email/messages.  People make their mind up about you within 4 seconds, typically....whether you are or are not somebody they'd like to do business with.  So with a phone call you have an opportunity to make the right impression to start off the engagement in the right direction. 

If no phone number I typically email.  This avoids any issues FF may have with its messaging system. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I have had success just responding on the platform and then continue conversation directly on email or phone (text or call). I think its a faster connection when they see email from FF rather than reaching out directly at first.