User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Bonner
  • Realtor
  • Coeur d'Alene, ID
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Coeur d'Alene, ID
Replied Sep 29 2023, 10:46
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
Quote from @Jennifer Bonner:

I did see your bio, which is why I created my post. Why would you mention your second-hand store and that you don't have much money instead of your 20-year career as a REALTOR, investor, and property manager in one of the best markets in the country? You should have earned above-average income these last 20 years, but you tell people you run a second-hand store? Odd.

The real question is why you don't share specifics of how Pace helped you invest in real estate? How many investments do you own? How many houses have you flipped? Are you financially independent? Have you increased your income 20% since joining SubTo?

Telling us you've "joined a family" sounds like a cult. Telling us the contracts are worth the fee sounds like you got suckered because contracts don't cost that much through an attorney. If SubTo is truly changing lives, please write an actual review that shows what you learned and the tangible results of that education.

I did not say I don't have much money; I said I was cheap. There is a big difference. Yes, I am financially independent with the income from 15 rental properties, my store (and second hand doesn't mean thrift or junk, it's actually very nice upcycled and refurbished stuff and supports over 50 small businesses/vendors) and LP investments. I don't do flips - that is not a real estate investment, it's a job. I haven't increased my income 20% yet, but that wasn't my goal. I am looking for long-term passive income and since being in Subto I have joined in a multifamily purchase and a fund of funds. So that is definitely working toward my goals.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Sep 29 2023, 10:49

I did see your bio, which is why I created my post. Why would you mention your second-hand store and that you don't have much money instead of your 20-year career as a REALTOR, investor, and property manager in one of the best markets in the country? You should have earned above-average income these last 20 years, but you tell people you run a second-hand store? Odd.

The real question is why you don't share specifics of how Pace helped you invest in real estate? How many investments do you own? How many houses have you flipped? Are you financially independent? Have you increased your income 20% since joining SubTo?

Telling us you've "joined a family" sounds like a cult. Telling us the contracts are worth the fee sounds like you got suckered because contracts don't cost that much through an attorney. If SubTo is truly changing lives, please write an actual review that shows what you learned and the tangible results of that education.

I did not say I don't have much money; I said I was cheap. There is a big difference. Yes, I am financially independent with the income from 15 rental properties, my store (and second hand doesn't mean thrift or junk, it's actually very nice upcycled and refurbished stuff and supports over 50 small businesses/vendors) and LP investments. I don't do flips - that is not a real estate investment, it's a job. I haven't increased my income 20% yet, but that wasn't my goal. I am looking for long-term passive income and since being in Subto I have joined in a multifamily purchase and a fund of funds. So that is definitely working toward my goals.

Intriguing, what is a "fund of funds"?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Sep 29 2023, 11:00
Quote from @Account Closed:

Funds of funds is basically unregistered/unlicensed broker-dealers or investment advisors acting as a sponsor in a GP role raising money to invest in other funds.As you can see by my tone I am not a big fan of them 

Its the next version of wholesaling at a syndication level. Let me raise money from people to take that money to invest in another fund.... Not sure why that person does not go direct but thats another story.

Super high risk because if a deal goes bad they will get reported to FINRA for raising $ without a license and since its not a direct investment the sponsor exemption can come into question. Or put another way, they will find a way to nail you.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Sep 29 2023, 11:03
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

I have joined in a multifamily purchase and a fund of funds. So that is definitely working toward my goals.

@Chris Seveney Shhhhhhh. (I'm fishing. :-)

I'm curious if it's sliding toward Ponzi.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 29 2023, 15:31
Quote from @Chida Truong:

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

I think you're getting genuine replies But it is important to note that if you were to say something negative or Objectionable to pace you would be removed from the membership.

User Stats

Votes
Angie Milinazzo
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Denver, CO
Replied Sep 30 2023, 11:28
Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

I think Pace is smart and knows a lot, but why pay $7,800 when he gives away all of the information to understand it for free? If you are able to implement on your own, you can get all you need for free for sure. If you want the camaraderie of the group, etc. I am sure it's not a scam at all and would be of value, I just don't think anyone should be paying for these courses when it's all available on YouTube or in blogs or on podcasts for free.

I am a Subto student of Pace's and the information Pace gives on his YouTube is only 2% of what we learn, and he does not teach the entire process on his YouTube, nor do you have the correct contracts that he gives in his program to do the deal correct and legally. The program is 100% worth every penny spent in his course because we have so many other programs that we can utilize to make money that no one sees on his YouTube.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Long
  • Los Angeles, CA / FL / TX +
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA / FL / TX +
Replied Sep 30 2023, 12:26

Yes from outside its hard to tell because you don't know what you don't know.  Once you join the SubTo family your life will change. It's not about just watching videos it's about the amazing conversations and partnerships you'll find, the opportunities, the fact that there is ALWAYS somebody anywhere you need that you can TRUST to help you do things properly and won't go around you. It's about the stories and networking that happens in the private live zooms, the family night, the daily dials where you can get your feet wet and amazing feedback as you go. It's about this and SO much more. I would pay more than 8k to join this family before you can't join anymore because it's FOREVER.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Sep 30 2023, 16:14
Quote from @Angie Milinazzo:
Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

I think Pace is smart and knows a lot, but why pay $7,800 when he gives away all of the information to understand it for free? If you are able to implement on your own, you can get all you need for free for sure. If you want the camaraderie of the group, etc. I am sure it's not a scam at all and would be of value, I just don't think anyone should be paying for these courses when it's all available on YouTube or in blogs or on podcasts for free.

I am a Subto student of Pace's and the information Pace gives on his YouTube is only 2% of what we learn, and he does not teach the entire process on his YouTube, nor do you have the correct contracts that he gives in his program to do the deal correct and legally. The program is 100% worth every penny spent in his course because we have so many other programs that we can utilize to make money that no one sees on his YouTube.

Your Comment: "nor do you have the correct contracts"
Are you saying the contracts he offers on youtube as an incentive to go to his webpage are defective? Different that the paid for contracts?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 3 2023, 06:39

Thank you Pace Morby for creating this mentorship. Sub2 is a great community, true family. We learn about creative deals , wholesale, fix and flip. It is a true place to grow your knowledge and become a successful investor. You find, fund, and dispo a deal inside this community. Truly, there is no place like subto. Thank you Pace Morby.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Oct 3 2023, 07:41
Quote from @Ali Alhajami:

Thank you Pace Morby for creating this mentorship. Sub2 is a great community, true family. We learn about creative deals , wholesale, fix and flip. It is a true place to grow your knowledge and become a successful investor. You find, fund, and dispo a deal inside this community. Truly, there is no place like subto. Thank you Pace Morby.

How many other groups are you a part of? How many deals have you done?

User Stats

Votes
Claus Goritschnig
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Replied Oct 14 2023, 05:00

I would like to give my tidbit of advice about mentorships, courses and masterminds. In my opinion, all have a general relevance for educational purposes to elevate your status within an industry, and this is applicable to most. Sometimes we must simply seek out the knowledge of other who have already walked the path and are willing to educate others that want to follow suit. No difference then going into college or apprenticeship to get your career going or moving forward.  

This exceptional program is a true gem, an investment that pays dividends—provided you diligently seek out those lucrative deals. The sense of community fostered by Pace is nothing short of extraordinary. Engage in the 'daily dials' orchestrated by our adept group leaders, and you'll gain invaluable experience in cold calling, navigating various seller scenarios like a seasoned professional—handling sellers with no urgent motivations, those demanding excessive down payments, or even those claiming to be too aged for owner finance or refinancing.

Every day, we convene on Zoom to delve into an array of topics, not to mention the invaluable Q&A sessions where Pace generously imparts his wisdom on any challenges you might be facing. What's more, he's brought in his own legal counsel and another business luminary to ensure a seamless process, even managing the intricate paperwork should the 'due on sale' clause rear its head during subto purchases.

The culture of knowledge sharing here is unparalleled. Pace is ceaselessly generous, dispensing vital information, templates, scripts, and even premium legal documents crafted by his team of attorneys. This isn't one of those distant mentorships where you're left adrift after signing up. I've had the privilege of contacting Pace directly, either through his phone or email, receiving guidance that feels more akin to familial support than mere instruction.

This mentorship is a tightly-knit, nurturing community. Need urgent guidance? Just post your query in the Sub To Facebook group, and watch as a flood of helpful responses pours in. Uncertain about how to seal the deal? Pair up with a fellow member, and they'll ensure your success in closing it. One of Pace's core teachings lies in the spirit of giving more than you take—a principle embraced by countless students, who readily extend a helping hand to those still seeking their first breakthrough. They openly share insights from their triumphs and missteps, knowing full well the profound lessons inherent in both.

Remember, this isn't just a fleeting membership—it's a lifelong connection to a group that thrives on mutual support. Every participant in this mentorship is invested in your triumph.

All in all Pace is great, the people are wonderful, kind and helpful. I can only recommend taking this opportunity. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 14 2023, 09:35
Quote from @Claus Goritschnig:

I would like to give my tidbit of advice about mentorships, courses and masterminds. 

All in all Pace is great, the people are wonderful, kind and helpful. I can only recommend taking this opportunity. 

@Claus Goritschnig:

Okay, so how much have you paid to be part of the program

how much are you being paid to post this

and most significantly

How much have you made as a result pf joining the group?
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 14 2023, 12:04

I am a Subto Member and have found the Subto community and training very helpful.  The community, the opportunity to learn from each other and industry leaders is unparalleled, and the volume of content is unbelievable.  Totally worth it, for newbies and veterans as well!

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 14 2023, 12:17
Quote from @Brandon Shaw:

I am a Subto Member and have found the Subto community and training very helpful.  The community, the opportunity to learn from each other and industry leaders is unparalleled, and the volume of content is unbelievable.  Totally worth it, for newbies and veterans as well!

@Brandon Shaw:

and most significantly

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Oct 14 2023, 12:32

I would like to give my tidbit of advice about mentorships, courses and masterminds. 

@Claus Goritschnig:

and most significantly

I strongly suggest Claus used AI to write that glowing testimonial..  lets be real though I think there are something like 8,000 members in the pace tribe there is no way he can talk to members individually. unless your in the higher Archy is his staff.   sub too is a very simple concept and there are just a few items that need to be done to be safe this is not voodoo :)

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Oct 14 2023, 15:32

@Jay Hinrichs

If you are at bpcon I think you could pay $300 to hear him speak in a side session… I saw someone post ticket for sale and it had that on it.

Are people really paying $300 to hear anyone speak at a conference above the ticket price ??

I just heard Barbara Corcoran and Kerri Walsh Jennings speak at a conference last week (both were awesome). And you do not pay extra….

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Oct 14 2023, 15:41

@Jay Hinrichs

If you are at bpcon I think you could pay $300 to hear him speak in a side session… I saw someone post ticket for sale and it had that on it.

Are people really paying $300 to hear anyone speak at a conference above the ticket price ??

I just heard Barbara Corcoran and Kerri Walsh Jennings speak at a conference last week (both were awesome). And you do not pay extra….

Ya agreed never been to an event like that when speakers charged a surcharge.. will be interesting to see how many go for it. 

User Stats

Votes
Claus Goritschnig
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Replied Oct 16 2023, 00:18

@Claus Goritschnig:

and most significantly

Hey Mike, 

Sure, I paid approx $7,400.00 for the mentorship and have been in it for approx 1.5 years as of today. I am not being paid anything for my post comment or replying to anything. This is simple, something I felt compelled to do. 

As I already have worked in real estate in Europe, I have had experience in the RE industry, just in a different market. And in regard to my earning since joining Subto it's been a bit over 7 figures, due to the nature and segment of the real estate industry I am focused on. 

No program/course/ mentorship or apprenticeship is going to give you a holistic view and perspective without the required attitude, consistency and diligence to move and establish yourself within your industry. So, in order to be successful, it is important to regard other relevant factors of establishing a profitable business/ operation. Thus making the information only relevant if applied correctly. 

All in all, it always depends on who you vibe with and how reciprocative you are to what you are being taught.

Hope this helped ... if you have any other questions, feel free to DM or whatever way you like. Have a great start to your week. 

Claus

User Stats

Votes
Claus Goritschnig
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hamburg, Germany
Replied Oct 16 2023, 00:25
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:

@Claus Goritschnig:

and most significantly

I strongly suggest Claus used AI to write that glowing testimonial..  lets be real though I think there are something like 8,000 members in the pace tribe there is no way he can talk to members individually. unless your in the higher Archy is his staff.   sub too is a very simple concept and there are just a few items that need to be done to be safe this is not voodoo :)

Hi Jay, 

not really using AI to write anything besides implementing it in our business to create simplified workflows, and some email communications and interactions for inquiries to our services. But I appreciate that you think this was written with the assistance of AI. 

@JayHinrichs, you are correct that there are above 8000 members in Subto and with that some sort of dilutive nature based on the sheer size and interactions. Depending on the time you have joining you have a different relationship with pace and of course he is not friends with everybody, but through projects and participation it's quite easy to get in contact with him and speak to him. Time is always of the essence as you know yourself. 

And I have to agree with you 100% that subto and all other avenues of the coined term "Creative FInance" are simply old aged way to do business and structure transaction. 

I hope all is well with you Jay and I hope you are having a great start to your week. 

Best regards

Claus Goritschig 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 16 2023, 01:14

@Claus Goritschnig:

and most significantly

Hey Mike, 

Sure, I paid approx $7,400.00 for the mentorship and have been in it for approx 1.5 years as of today. I am not being paid anything for my post comment or replying to anything. This is simple, something I felt compelled to do. 

Hi Claus, are your deals in the US or in Germany? Many people in the US attempt to deceive people for their own purposes. I do not think that is your goal, but since we've never met, and you write such a glowing report, could you give us a bit more information on how his group has helped you?

It's hard to verify things that are in Europe. But, By providing addresses of transactions that you've done in the USA, it would go a long way in verifying your claims and allowing us to feel comfortable in your comments. Otherwise, we must by necessity, believe you are a shill for Pace Morby, which is frowned upon here, rather than a sincere devote. I'm sure you understand. I look forward to your response.

And to assure us you are not simply AI or an imposter, what did Gesta Danorum do when he encountered Dietrich von Bern III?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 16 2023, 08:34

@Brandon Shaw:

and most significantly

being paid zero top post this.  Paid 7-8k to join.  My first profit was 3-4 mo after joining, north of 3x my purchase price.  hope this helps

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 16 2023, 09:28
Quote from @Brandon Shaw

Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:

@Brandon Shaw:

and most significantly

being paid zero top post this.  Paid 7-8k to join.  My first profit was 3-4 mo after joining, north of 3x my purchase price.  hope this helps

That's part of my answer, thanks.

He seems to promote over paying in several of his videos. He says "I will pay $50,000 or $60,000 over listing price to get zero down and a low interest rate and nothing out of pocket".

And he says the real estate agent will get their commission. So, if it's a typical agent listing and the listing agent gets his 3% - on a $600,000 house that would be about $18,000 plus the $50,000 over list, plus carrying costs for 6 months at $2500 per month ($15,000), that comes to something like $83,000 - none of which comes out of his pocket, he says. 30 minutes in at 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDoRITXplC8

So,
$50,000 over listing price
$18,000 agent fees
$15,000 carrying costs - 6 months
$83,000 total to get a low interest rate to make $300 a month cash flow which will take 276 months to recoup (23 years)

1. Since he says he has no money out of his pocket to overleverage buying a house on Subject To, where does the $83,000 come from?

2. Since he has overleveraged the property, what happens if the bank calls the Due on Sale clause? Does "subject To insurance" come into play?

3. What makes this a "deal"?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 25 2023, 18:59

Pace Morby - SubTo Community

Pace's mentorship and community is one of a kind. It's just not a training and education platform, it's a real community of go-givers. I've been in real estate in the early 2002 but stopped. In late 2022 was looking for a different way of investing and Pace's creative strategy opened my eyes. He's so personable, open and so generous with his time. Everyone in the community is so transparent and is so down to earth. I know it's not cheap but investing in myself and my future is worth a million bucks. I have a real estate Family for LIFE!

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Hamilton
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MA
Replied Oct 26 2023, 10:32

For the past two and a half years, I've been grinding alongside some stellar minds in Pace Morby's SubTo community. Now, as someone who's always on the lookout for real opportunities in the real estate game, hooking up with Pace and the crew has been nothing short of a revelation.

This man knows his stuff, especially when it comes to Subject To Investing. The wealth of knowledge shared in this community has not just boosted my skills but opened up new pathways for me in the real estate realm. And it’s not just about Pace; the community is packed with folks from different walks of life, all bringing something unique to the table but with a shared hustle for real estate.

The vibe here is all about growth, learning, and banding together to make moves in the industry. Those weekly Q&A sessions are where the magic happens. Pace, along with the mastermind group, creates a space where you can pick up gems that can transform how you navigate this real estate jungle.

What I dig about Pace is his down-to-earth approach. The guy is willing to get into the weeds of real estate scenarios, always providing that real, actionable feedback that’s helped me fine-tune my strategies over time.

The resources you get access to are solid. Having legal documents, contracts, and a network of professionals at your fingertips eases a whole lot of stress that comes with clinching deals in this industry.

And I can’t talk about Pace without mentioning the ethical backbone he instills in us. He’s all about crafting win-win deals that not just benefit you, but create a ripple of positivity and trust in the community.

Wrapping it up, being a part of Pace Morby’s SubTo community has significantly ramped up my game in real estate. The knowledge, connections, and mentorship here are golden. If you're looking to level up in the real estate game, this is a community that’ll put you on a solid track.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Oct 26 2023, 11:47
Quote from @Jeff Hamilton:

For the past two and a half years, I've been grinding alongside some stellar minds in Pace Morby's SubTo community. Now, as someone who's always on the lookout for real opportunities in the real estate game, hooking up with Pace and the crew has been nothing short of a revelation.

This man knows his stuff, especially when it comes to Subject To Investing. The wealth of knowledge shared in this community has not just boosted my skills but opened up new pathways for me in the real estate realm. And it’s not just about Pace; the community is packed with folks from different walks of life, all bringing something unique to the table but with a shared hustle for real estate.

The vibe here is all about growth, learning, and banding together to make moves in the industry. Those weekly Q&A sessions are where the magic happens. Pace, along with the mastermind group, creates a space where you can pick up gems that can transform how you navigate this real estate jungle.

What I dig about Pace is his down-to-earth approach. The guy is willing to get into the weeds of real estate scenarios, always providing that real, actionable feedback that’s helped me fine-tune my strategies over time.

The resources you get access to are solid. Having legal documents, contracts, and a network of professionals at your fingertips eases a whole lot of stress that comes with clinching deals in this industry.

And I can’t talk about Pace without mentioning the ethical backbone he instills in us. He’s all about crafting win-win deals that not just benefit you, but create a ripple of positivity and trust in the community.

Wrapping it up, being a part of Pace Morby’s SubTo community has significantly ramped up my game in real estate. The knowledge, connections, and mentorship here are golden. If you're looking to level up in the real estate game, this is a community that’ll put you on a solid track.

Your comment: "For the past two and a half years" in the community

Cool, so how much $$ have you made?
How many deals?