Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Land & New Construction
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ilan Cohen
  • Investor
  • GA
Votes |
How Best to Connect with Land Developers in Atlanta?

Ilan Cohen
  • Investor
  • GA
Posted

Hello BP Community,

I'm seeking your advice on the most effective ways to connect with land developers in the Atlanta area. Our team specializes in preparing land up to the LDP stage, including handling all necessary entitlements, and we are looking to partner with developers who are interested in such ready-to-develop opportunities.

Could you share any strategies/tips on connecting with developers here? Any specific networking events, forums, or groups within BP or outside it that you have found valuable? Any guidance or recommendations you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and insights!

User Stats

Votes
Simmy Ahluwalia
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied

@Ilan Cohen - let's chat.  I'm in the ATL as well.  I fund builders and developers, so obviously, I work with many seeking entitled land.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Porter
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied

@Simmy Ahluwalia I'm a builder in Atlanta and I'm starting to delve into the spec build market. Can you send me some more info on your funding programs? 

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
BiggerPockets prefers Baselane The #1 REI platform that integrates banking, rent collection and bookkeeping to save time and money.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Porter
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied

@Ilan Cohen  Let me know if you have any pad ready lots inside the 285 perimeter in ATL

User Stats

Votes
Simmy Ahluwalia
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied
Quote from @Ian Porter:

@Simmy Ahluwalia I'm a builder in Atlanta and I'm starting to delve into the spec build market. Can you send me some more info on your funding programs? 

Hey Ian, just shot you a DM.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied
Quote from @Ilan Cohen:

Hello BP Community,

I'm seeking your advice on the most effective ways to connect with land developers in the Atlanta area. Our team specializes in preparing land up to the LDP stage, including handling all necessary entitlements, and we are looking to partner with developers who are interested in such ready-to-develop opportunities.

Could you share any strategies/tips on connecting with developers here? Any specific networking events, forums, or groups within BP or outside it that you have found valuable? Any guidance or recommendations you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

are you doing horizontal or vertical entitlements? who is your target buyer? more than likely you will need to speak to the land groups of home builders or the land and development groups of multifamily buying groups and most are going to be publicly traded. make sure you have enough housing units. if you provide more info I can help out. there's a million different niches in development and more than likely less than 10 buyers for what you are talking about in any niche. we just reached out to Greystar for apartment development site we are putting together that is a vertical development. we called their office for the midwest and messaged every single person on their team on linkedin. put the effort in and you'll get results. 

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Bell
  • Developer
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Hey @Ilan Cohen,

I sometimes sell some of my entitled deal that I don't want to go vertical on. One good way is to list the property if you have purchased it of course. If not if you have site control you can look at other permits for construction in the area for other projects. These are all public record and you can find the builder who will lead you to the developer if they are different people.

What type of deals are you doing in Atlanta? I am interested in that market. Depending on density and price of course!!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied
Quote from @Kenneth Bell:

Hey @Ilan Cohen,

I sometimes sell some of my entitled deal that I don't want to go vertical on. One good way is to list the property if you have purchased it of course. If not if you have site control you can look at other permits for construction in the area for other projects. These are all public record and you can find the builder who will lead you to the developer if they are different people.

What type of deals are you doing in Atlanta? I am interested in that market. Depending on density and price of course!!

how do you sell these? we want to entitle not build 4/5 communities to make maximum impact in columbus because the gap is so large for entitlement 

User Stats

Votes
Azeez K.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied

Hi @Ilan Cohen

Happy to connect. I am.investor/broker here in Atlanta.

Have done several new construction and developments here in Atlanta. Feel free to connect.

User Stats

Votes
Kristi Kandel
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Replied
Quote from @Ilan Cohen:

Hello BP Community,

Hey Ilan! I've been a nationwide developer for the past 17 years. 

Are you entitling smaller pieces of land that one developer could then take over and pull building permits, construct all of the ROW infrastructure and utilities, and build either housing, commercial, or industrial? 

Or are you subdividing larger pieces of land 25+ acres and creating multiple smaller parcels 3-10 acres that developers could then take over and build out? 

Or are you subdividing the land into smaller parcels and building the roads and utilities infrastructure so builders could come in and start building SFH on each new lot?

Or something else? Each scenario requires different skill sets and partners.