Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Rushton
Pro Member
Votes |
New to the Game

Aaron Rushton
Pro Member
Posted

Looking to start in Memphis buying long-term rentals or flipping. I would love to connect with people who have experience in this area or even a mentor. If there is anyone who is using a trust to transfer mortgages to their LLC, I would love to shadow and learn more.

I am currently living in Oregon but will be relocating as soon as i can to Tennessee and starting an LLC. if anyone has a great roadmap, that would be extremely welcomed.

• Aaron Rushton
  • User Stats

Votes
    Jason Wray
    Pro Member
    • Banker
    • Nationwide
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Banker
    • Nationwide
    Replied

Aaron,     

Feel free to reach out to me via email or connect.

• Jason Wray
  • 727-637-4289
  • User Stats

Votes
    Scott Gresham
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied
    Quote from @Aaron Rushton:

Looking to start in Memphis buying long-term rentals or flipping. I would love to connect with people who have experience in this area or even a mentor. If there is anyone who is using a trust to transfer mortgages to their LLC, I would love to shadow and learn more.

I am currently living in Oregon but will be relocating as soon as i can to Tennessee and starting an LLC. if anyone has a great roadmap, that would be extremely welcomed.

Aaron,

If you need anything from a local agent in Memphis before you move down, I’d be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Scott Gresham

BiggerPockets logo
    BiggerPockets
    |
    Sponsored
    Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
    Mike Mosee
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    • Eagle Point, OR
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Investor
    • Eagle Point, OR
    Replied

Hi Aaron

We moved 5 years back from Beaverton to southern Oregon to get away from Portland influence.   1031ed property to Memphis & land trusted into series LLCs there, all in Memphis area.   Overall been a good move.  You can contact me if desired.

Best

Mike

• Mike Mosee
  • User Stats

Votes
    Dean Harris
    Agent
    #4 Classifieds Contributor
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Agent
    #4 Classifieds Contributor
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied

Welcome @Aaron Rushton!

Memphis, TN has a ton of good opportunites. I own a large portfolio of single family rentals here in Memphis. Im happy to share any and all info I have on what works and what doesnt. I detail a lot of this in my podcast I have been hosting for 7 years called The Investors Guide to Memphis Real Estate. 

Good luck and happy to connect!

• Real Estate Agent TN (#00286759) and Mississippi (#s-40616)

CrestCore Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
    James Wachob
    Property Manager
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Broker
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Property Manager
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Broker
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied

Welcome @Aaron Rushton!

Memphis has a diverse economy with strong sectors in transportation, logistics, healthcare, and education. Major employers like FedEx, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and the University of Memphis contribute to job growth, attracting more people to the city. There are a lot of hidden opportunities in our market. I'd love to be your go to contact in Memphis. 

User Stats

Votes
    Jordan Ray
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied
    Quote from @Aaron Rushton:

Hey Aaron, be sure to find you a good partner/mentor/agent/etc to help you with the whole process from starting your LLC all the way to the cash hitting your bank account. You will need boots on the ground and someone that can give you personal experience for you to grow your portfolio and also be your go-to for connections locally. I specialize in investors & also self manage my own portfolio of rentals and it does really well, this experience helps me connect you to the absolute best property manager in Memphis since I know how its done. There are way to many PM's not getting properties rented and they are staying vacant, there is also way to many rentals being rented less than market rent to get a "quick tenant" causing investors to lose money, you will also need that PM to be completely productive and quick to the applicants and also not trying to incentivize off of your property needing repairs. Having a good real estate investor connection is super important in Memphis to make sure your not losing money when it can be avoided by a trusted partner. I look forward to your reply, talk soon!

Jordan Ray - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
    Patrick Galphin
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Realtor
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Realtor
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied

@Aaron Rushton Welcome to the Memphis market! I work on the team with @Dean Harris and happy to connect at any time. The entire team here at CrestCore Realty is focused on investment properties and have the processes and partners in place to make transactions easy for the out of state investor. 

Happy to connect at any time and good hunting! 

Best,

Patrick

CrestCore Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
    Tyler Tapley
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN.
    Votes |
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN.
    Replied

Hey Aaron,

I hope you're well.
    Memphis is a high investment city. For the same reasons you're attracted to this market so are others --- and it's been this way a long time. There are a lot of great agents and lenders who specialize in helping out of state investors for this exact reason. A lot of us have even built full teams around just this. Do some homework, give it a google and see if you can find an agent and lender who look like they service the exact needs you have. 

Best of luck,
    -Tyler

User Stats

Votes
    Joseph Bui
    • Rental Property Investor
    • Midwest
    Votes |
    • Rental Property Investor
    • Midwest
    Replied

Hi, I'm based in the Seattle area. I have 2 doors in memphis and 7 doors in Detroit. Happy to connect and knowledge share if you are interested.