Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Out of State Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Josh Cutler
Votes |
Out of state off market property aquisition

Josh Cutler
Posted Jun 15 2024, 15:34

Hi all,

My wife and I live in Florida but are looking to move to Columbus, OH part time. We would really to find a fix in flip property in the German Village, Olde Town East, or Merion Village. This would be out first investment property outside of owning our single family here. Does anyone have any connections we could start with to get the ball rolling?

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Diouf#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Samuel Diouf#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 16 2024, 12:37

Hey Josh, I moved from Florida to start investing in Columbus, OH. I think it's a great market to enter with so many catalysts for growth! 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#5 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#5 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 17 2024, 07:06
Quote from @Josh Cutler:

Hi all,

My wife and I live in Florida but are looking to move to Columbus, OH part time. We would really to find a fix in flip property in the German Village, Olde Town East, or Merion Village. This would be out first investment property outside of owning our single family here. Does anyone have any connections we could start with to get the ball rolling?

Thanks,

Hello Josh. I moved from CT to Columbus, Ohio back in 2012. I just bought a primary in German Village and love it. Happy to connect with you and talk more about how to get started

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Min Zhang
Agent
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Agent
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 17 2024, 07:09

Hi Josh! I am a real estate agent and investor based in Columbus, Ohio.  I personally love Columbus in terms of doing value add. There has been significant growth, especially with tech giants  driving up property prices and job opportunities. I invest heavily here myself with reliable contractors. I would be happy to connect with you! 

User Stats

Votes
Josh Cutler
Votes |
Replied Jun 17 2024, 07:26

Thank you so much! Looking forward to building these relationships!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 17 2024, 10:03
Quote from @Josh Cutler:

Hi all,

Thanks,

there you go, I just moved from columbus to miami but still do deals here. I wouldn't look at fix and flip for 100+ year old properties I'd recommend urban infill new construction much more control less stressful more advanced more value easier exit, etc etc 

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
Simon Ashbaugh#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied Jun 17 2024, 12:50

Hey Josh, those are great Columbus neighborhoods. I'd happy to share my insights and introduce you to my go to if you need it.

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 11 2024, 07:52
Quote from @Josh Cutler:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Hi Josh, just being honest with you - I feel like there's a misconception that off-market deals are where all the best deals are. I will say a lot of the off-market deals you find are advertised with really bad ARVs, rehab numbers, etc. I would recommend being open to everything on-market and off-market deals. As an investor agent, I've always told my investor clients to look everywhere - as long as the numbers work! There's still tons of great flip and BRRRR opportunities but be sure to look everywhere! Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have!

User Stats

Votes
Najma Osman
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 15 2024, 13:26

Hi @Josh Cutler, to get the ball rolling I would start by connecting with a local agent. They'll introduce you to a lender for a pre-approval and help you get a feel for the market. I'm here to help if you have any questions! 

Reafco - Najma Osman Logo