Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Syndications & Passive Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Paula Impala
  • Investor
Votes |
Norada Capital Management suspending payments

Paula Impala
  • Investor
Posted Jun 20 2024, 19:12

I invested in Norada Capital Management and was coming here to connect with others who have invested. Did not receive my payment from Norada this month (June) and just received the following notification in my email.

Any thoughts or recommendations from fellow investors.  Thank you in advance for any advice or insight.

Dear Valued Investor,

I hope you are well. As a lender (aka “Maker”) to Norada, you are a valued member of the Norada family.
The purpose of this correspondence is to provide you with an update on the repayment under the terms of the promissory note (“Note”) as an obligation of Norada Capital Management, LLC (“Norada”).
As with all businesses, Norada is subject to market factors that could impact its ability to make payments. Due to current market conditions and unforeseen financial challenges, we have decided to temporarily suspend distribution payments. This decision was not made lightly and comes after thorough deliberation and analysis of our current financial position.
This requires us to exercise our right to convert your Note and issue equity (aka membership interests) in Norada. You will recall that your Note allows Norada to convert the outstanding balance owed into equity and that it can redeem that equity in the future by repayment of the Note principal in full. There is nothing required by you related to your Note being converted. It happens automatically upon notice being sent.
As such, this email will provide you notice that Norada has chosen to exercise its right under the Note §6 to issue equity to you in Norada. Your equity is valued at the unpaid face value of the Note plus any accrued but unpaid interest. We expect to be in a position to redeem your interests in short order, and we will keep you posted, as always, on any developments in this regard.

We understand the importance of distributions to our investors and recognize the impact this decision may have on your financial planning. Please be assured that this suspension is temporary. We are committed to resuming regular distributions as soon as our financial situation stabilizes and improves.

Our primary goal is to ensure the long-term stability and sustainability of our business. By temporarily halting distributions, we can preserve capital, manage our resources more effectively, and invest in key areas that will drive future growth and profitability.

In the interim, we are taking strategic steps to strengthen our financial health, including cost-reduction measures, revenue-generating initiatives, and debt restructuring options. Our management team is dedicated to navigating through these challenges and emerging stronger.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. We remain committed to transparency and will keep you informed of any significant developments. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to contact me directly. (I will do my best to reply to your email in a timely manner.)
Thank you for your continued trust and support.
Sincerely,

Marco SantarelliFounder & CEONorada Capital Management

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jun 25 2024, 07:58
Quote from @Don Konipol:

I am not a debt investor, a bond investor nor am I an investor in corporate debt, private equity debt, peer to peer lending, etc.  I am an investor in debt DIRECTLY secured by REAL ESTATE.  

I have enough problems correctly underwriting real estate debt; I can’t imagine the problems I’d have trying to CORRECTLY analyze risk in private equity corporate deals based on the revitalization of bankrupt brands. 

Same here, I will do debt backed by real estate. I suck at the market. 

Curious also if he knew this was coming as in January he filed a form D teaming up with a Josh Luttrell to start Themed STR Capital Fund. When was all the trouble with Rev going on again?

User Stats

Votes
Engelo Rumora
Property Manager
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Jun 25 2024, 08:04
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

I am not a debt investor, a bond investor nor am I an investor in corporate debt, private equity debt, peer to peer lending, etc.  I am an investor in debt DIRECTLY secured by REAL ESTATE.  

I have enough problems correctly underwriting real estate debt; I can’t imagine the problems I’d have trying to CORRECTLY analyze risk in private equity corporate deals based on the revitalization of bankrupt brands. 

Even wall st guys miss  these things  right .  I know anytime I have gotten away from my core (RE) its not ended well for me.. 

So true and 100% agreed with you both

Lost my A$$ almost every time I touched something not RE related lol
Oz Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 25 2024, 11:41
Quote from @Engelo Rumora:
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Even wall st guys miss  these things  right .  I know anytime I have gotten away from my core (RE) its not ended well for me.. 

So true and 100% agreed with you both

Lost my A$$ almost every time I touched something not RE related lol

what really happened here is beyond typical "RE guys" investing into "non RE".

This is outright investment on unregistered private placement that' usually can only be done to certain highly accredited investor because it's super high risk in its nature.

Here's more information on REV's financial position :

1. Financial Challenges:
    • As of early 2023, REV was reportedly exploring restructuring options, including potentially filing for bankruptcy.
    • The company had allegedly paused payments on its debts, estimated to total around $200 million.
  2. Revenue and Losses:
    • In 2022, REV reportedly had revenues of about $60 million but losses of around the same amount.
    • This was a significant decline from 2021, when the company had revenues of $150 million and losses of $90 million.
  3. Recent Developments:
    • In May 2023, REV's backers acquired its IP portfolio, allowing it to avoid bankruptcy.
    • The assets are now owned by a new company called Omni Retail Enterprises, which acquired most of REV's assets in a transaction that closed within the last 90 days of the report date.
  4. Portfolio Changes:
    • REV sold its stake in Tuesday Morning in May 2023, which it had acquired through a $32 million investment in September 2022.

Usually with unregistered private placement, the advertisement of such product should not be made public by LAW.

Now knowing there could be potential so much fraud/illegal transaction here, I would suspect if Norada may receive commision for such scheme.

Some of you guys that invest may want to unionized together and file lawsuit, there're few attorney that's working on this case the way I see it.

User Stats

Votes
Dave Hagen
  • Chicago Area, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago Area, IL
Replied Jun 25 2024, 12:57
Quote from @Jamie Brasseal:

If you are or were an investor of Norada Capital Promissory Note, there is an investor only FB forum where you can share and recieve information regarding the default notice. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161232915077076

After googling, I was going to post that link.

Also found this link:

ScamAlert Norada Real Estate Investments

Both found just by DDG "Norada Capital Management"

While there are always people that complain, reading some of these posts should raise some red flags, like prior bankruptcies. Or at least extra caution. You are known by the company you keep, and deals with undisclosed problems should result in helping remedy it, or cutting ties.

Even looking at the investment portfolio, seeing crypto in there makes me wonder if they were going too broad into areas they didn't know, just for the potential.

Taking money just days before does look questionable. At least talking concerns with the SEC might get perspective, and maybe they will think it is important to investigate, before more damage is done. They can't give an expert opinion if they don't know what is happening.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Michael Andrews
  • Investor
  • Lake Forest, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Forest, CA
Replied Jun 25 2024, 12:59
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Same here, I will do debt backed by real estate. I suck at the market. 

Curious also if he knew this was coming as in January he filed a form D teaming up with a Josh Luttrell to start Themed STR Capital Fund. When was all the trouble with Rev going on again?

There is night and day difference between a vanilla RE note and this. With this, you are essentially required to look at a balance sheet, income statement, debt maturity schedule, debt covenants, etc because the company itself is your collateral. Much simpler to comp a piece of real estate. Not sure investors even got as far as that as some investors showed that they didn’t know what the company was even doing to make money.

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Jun 25 2024, 13:19

Wonder how much investor funds they currently hold in total.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 25 2024, 21:56
as an investor in the notes, I can say that yes we knew what it was and that it was risky, but wanted to try something a little different.  Marco's team told us he was using the funds to fund his ecommerce businesses as well as the mastermind and training/speaking programs.  Also funding broadway play prodctions and other irons he had in the fire.  Now that he has converted the notes to "stock" in the "company", I do not expect the payments to be resumed at all and am just hoping we will get the remainder of the principal back out...but not holding my breath!  Put it down in the stupid tax column and the cost of learning about the different types of alternative invesements that are out there.  As I said, we knew it was pushing the envelope, but thought we would try and see!  Please keep the comments coming on what folks find out....I too got Marco to send a follow up email that didn't really clarify anything.  Then a few days later got another email asking if we wanted to invest in another note program!!  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 25 2024, 22:24
Quote from @Jamie Brasseal:

If you are or were an investor of Norada Capital Promissory Note, there is an investor only FB forum where you can share and recieve information regarding the default notice. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161232915077076

Don't use social media sites, so hopefully what ever happens there can be reposted here.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 07:51
lay prodctions and other irons he had in the fire.  Now that he has converted the notes to "stock" in the "company", I do not expect the payments to be resumed at all and am just hoping we will get the remainder of the principal back out...but not holding my breath!  Put it down in the stupid tax column and the cost of learning about the different types of alternative invesements that are out there.  As I said, we knew it was pushing the envelope, but thought we would try and see!  Please keep the comments coming on what folks find out....I too got Marco to send a follow up email that didn't really clarify anything.  Then a few days later got another email asking if we wanted to invest in another note program!!  
this is only a quarter mile difference compared to investing directly to escobar-esque operation. Maybe combined with Chapo.

Looking for 25% is and always is looking for trouble. 

all the bad boys in financial-ponzi-scammy-business-financial-wallst they are all circled in this REV/Norada/Lopez/Invictus/Tuesday-Morning/Pier1/Omni super-scam operation. Even if audited financial result does exist , because it's private and operation is so scammy, the result can't be trusted in this case.

I still don't get how could selling 1973 household merchandise could yield 25%. Even Amazon dot com can't yield such result.

This needs to be reported as well to Netflix's American Greed and ICIJ investigative journalism that opened up the Panama paper corruption, there seems something more happen in the background. I suspect even if the company going foreclosure, the asset/money is still there being moved by other company that they owned using somebody else name's.

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling
Agent
#2 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jun 26 2024, 08:07

Ok, let's just do a little recap and simplification here. 

So this group, they pitch people saying "Hey, invest in this NOTE" which a note is a LOAN. And the "hook" is that it's paying 12%+ interest distribution plus depending amount LOANED (one may say invested in a note but again, if a note is a loan, it's not investing is it, it's a loan, a loan is a loan is a loan). 

Soooo ok, he's taking loans from people in NOTES so he can do a whole slew of various odd-ball stuff with a few things thrown in that make sense to people. 

Now buried into terms of the LOANS it says borrower can, at borrowers choice simply stop any payment requirements???? Whhaaaaaa! Yeah-yeah I get it, the wordy-words is "Pause", yeah I get it, and U.S. never was invading Iraq we were "Liberating Oil" right..... Forget the spin, it's all wordy-BS, it's a term that allows borrower to just stop payments. 

And than, borrower can, at borrowers choice, convert the LOANS (notes) into equity.... "equity", in the business.     So a borrower can just wave a hand and turn a loan into a SALE of company..... Regardless of company valuation. Actually no valuation action or any such..... 

.... Lol, this is some Lex Luthor evil genius gold metal winning stuff here folks. 

Ok so, to put it another way: 

I would start a STR business. Put out there selling "Notes" at 12% interest dist to "investors" who "invest"/LOAN me $. I of course draw a generous salary as I am running the biz right, what $10m a year seems fair right, lol. I just keep driving the LOANS (notes) and sure, I do some business, I kinda try, kinda, but yeah, it's bleeding $ like crazy, loosing millions every month on the biz side of things but hey LOANS (notes) keep coming in so it's all good.

Than, a few hundred mill in LOANS (notes), so I had to give self a $30m bonus because I'm so awesome, right, just look at all that $....    I wake up a random Tuesday am and think "yeah, paying on these notes sucks, ok, let's stop doing that" and I just send an e-mail saying payments stop....... Lol, WOW..... 

Just imagine trying to say that on a mortgage, a anything, ANY other loan of any kind, right..... 

So now, 2 Tuesdays latter I am just annoyed by people complaining for there $..... So I just tell em I changed there LOANS (notes) into a purchase fo the company (equity). Which oh-yeah, it profits...... yeah-NOTHING. It's LOOSING about $7 million dollars per month...... and BTW I am walking away from it all so see-ya, have fun, good luck with that.     

Now, never mind the $120m I personally received over time of this for running it and all, no your all supposed to weep for me because I "gave up ownership" and walked away, LMAO! 

Really.... so that $120m..... gave up ownership did I...... 

If ya sit down and think this through, it's a brilliant way to just milk, Milk, MILK investors and walk away scot-free.... They all thought they were loaning, which you build the business with THERE $. But ya suck at business, and never really cared about it, it was about getting the $$$$ and seeing where it goes. YOU made crazy $ until things were hitting a turn where no saving from, the biz bleeding out so ok, now you all own it, it was literally a built in forced sale from day 1..... Lol, brilliant evil genius it is. 

What am I missing folks? 

And where my mind goes is to have such a perfect exit walk-away to it all, for the "bag-hold".... It had to be planned out that way from start, that can't be coincidence, mathematically. 

User Stats

Votes
Engelo Rumora
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Investor
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Jun 26 2024, 08:13
Quote from @Judy Foster:
as an investor in the notes, I can say that yes we knew what it was and that it was risky, but wanted to try something a little different.  Marco's team told us he was using the funds to fund his ecommerce businesses as well as the mastermind and training/speaking programs.  Also funding broadway play prodctions and other irons he had in the fire.  Now that he has converted the notes to "stock" in the "company", I do not expect the payments to be resumed at all and am just hoping we will get the remainder of the principal back out...but not holding my breath!  Put it down in the stupid tax column and the cost of learning about the different types of alternative invesements that are out there.  As I said, we knew it was pushing the envelope, but thought we would try and see!  Please keep the comments coming on what folks find out....I too got Marco to send a follow up email that didn't really clarify anything.  Then a few days later got another email asking if we wanted to invest in another note program!!  

Hi Judy,

I commend you on the risk you took outside of RE and understanding of that risk.

Sometimes we win, sometimes we loose.

As long as we win more than we loose in the long run.

Most times whenever I tried something out of RE, it didn't turn out well but such is life.

I suggest only investing in your area of competence and understanding.

Being a "Jack of all trades" sounds cool on paper but reality is a different picture.

I wish everything works out well for all involved.

Thanks 
Oz Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jun 26 2024, 08:59
Quote from @Carlos Ptriawan:

Were looking at this all wrong Carlos. 

We need to get out there, team up and open our shop: Kachara Enterprises

We will take NOTES, following same plan. $50k = 12%, $100k = 15% etc.. 

With the $ we are buying taco stands, and "optimizing them with ai"..... Anyone asks how or why, we just explain it's ai, it's the future, they can't get-it, it's too high level for them. lol. 

And we also diversify buying the brand "Bum-Fight's", and were gonna bring back the defunct brand, again with ai...... 

We will also be working on habitation units for Mars..... with ai. Lol. 

And taking on defunct K-mart brand to, you guessed it, integrate ai for an online only relaunch..... 

And pellet smokers...... with ai, lol......... 

OH! And our flagship development US item, Japanese style toilets in the USA..... ai powered! Lol. 

Aaaand if things don't work out, well heck I guess we will just have to convert there notes to equity and walk away..... 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jun 26 2024, 09:38
Quote from @Judy Foster:

All of that would be fraud. Ponzi scheme! Call the SEC and FBI. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jun 26 2024, 09:39
Quote from @James Hamling:

With the $ we are buying taco stands, and "optimizing them with ai"..... Anyone asks how or why, we just explain it's ai, it's the future, they can't get-it, it's too high level for them. lol. 

And we also diversify buying the brand "Bum-Fight's", and were gonna bring back the defunct brand, again with ai...... 

And taking on defunct K-mart brand to, you guessed it, integrate ai for an online only relaunch..... 

OH! And our flagship development US item, Japanese style toilets in the USA..... ai powered! Lol. 

Aaaand if things don't work out, well heck I guess we will just have to convert there notes to equity and walk away..... 

Yep. Bernie Madoff and Sam Bankman-Fried almost mastered this. Holmes and Theranos just messed with people's blood and health. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 09:41

hell yeah haha lol.... be careful the web deal.ai is owned by the same guy.

What is interesting is that he previous hedge-fund that tried to purchase Tueday Morning is also got fired by the owner. There're just too many scandals in this scammy-intended investment. 

I really curious what's actually "Tueday Morning" selling as so many bad guys wanna buy this biz haha...

I believe this is very complicated corruption scheme.  Someone stealing money moving money around.

This is very good case for business investigation involving FBI-level.   

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Jun 26 2024, 13:35

I would be interested in a one year note that I can exit before it all collapses. 

However I am disappointed you are not reviving Blockbuster video. 

User Stats

Votes
V.G Jason
Pro Member
#2 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Investor
Replied Jun 26 2024, 14:17
Quote from @Judy Foster:
Real cheeky in bold.

The fact you went in knowing these exact risks is a bit odd, I don't think you'll get full dollar on your original principal. I'm suspecting we'll see the new investors principal payment is what was used to pay your "monthly payments" for the past 6-12 months or so. You'd be lucky to get 50c on the dollar, bet it'll be closer to 25-30c. Thought it'd be higher at first, but given how long the underlying investment went bust he's not half full pulling the plug he was at the 2 yard line.

This is the definition of a ponzi, unless there's more color to it which I am sure there is. Or sure hope there is. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 14:32
Quote from @Michael P.:

I would be interested in a one year note that I can exit before it all collapses. 

This company operates several business :
- life/wealth coaching/guru/whatever
- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

What they do basically they buy bankrupt or very young product company that sell real physical product like fashion, and resell their biz. This is a very very difficult business because you have to buy company with higher valuation without knowing their product (doing DD/financial audit to young company or bankrupt company is extremely difficult) and then establish supply-chain-model (establish partnership with amazon/ups/fedex) and such. One of the biggest aggregator was bankrupt last year.

For day trading crypto I don't even need to give a comment.

The typical biz of these guys is they try to build a highly credential because they work/started company a,b,c,y,z but if you dig deep it's only one or two guy operations.

Even this company is only having virtual colo office for $70 a month LOL

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jun 26 2024, 15:07
Quote from @Michael P.:

- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

What they do basically they buy bankrupt or very young product company that sell real physical product like fashion, and resell their biz. This is a very very difficult business because you have to buy company with higher valuation without knowing their product (doing DD/financial audit to young company or bankrupt company is extremely difficult) and then establish supply-chain-model (establish partnership with amazon/ups/fedex) and such. One of the biggest aggregator was bankrupt last year.

The typical biz of these guys is they try to build a highly credential because they work/started company a,b,c,y,z but if you dig deep it's only one or two guy operations.

This thread wild dawg

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Jun 26 2024, 15:11
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Michael P.:

- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

This thread wild dawg

Truth is stranger than fiction -Cardi B

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 15:11
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Michael P.:

- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

This thread wild dawg

fixing someone 1920s home in ohio is way kosher dawg 

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Jun 26 2024, 16:11
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Michael P.:

- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

This thread wild dawg

Any particular city in Ohio that would be good to mention

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Investor Focused Lender. Claim $550 Credit today. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 16:35
Quote from @Michael P.:
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Michael P.:

This thread wild dawg

Anything located in Cleveland, Toledo seems kosher enough bro.

But after this thread I'm not too sure about Florida, especially Miami LOL. 

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jun 26 2024, 18:58
Quote from @Michael P.:

Kachara Enterprises is proud to announce for all our suckers.... er, marks.... er, Note Investors, yeah "investors"..... That we are always growing, adapting and evolving to new schemes... er scams.... er "opportunities" in the market and with that were proud to announce the exciting BlockBuster 2.0 "ai enhanced"!!!! 

And for this limited time you too can be took... er "invest" in this exciting next chapter of video-less video..... Yes, with a simple 47 step approval setup for the ai "Entertainment Genie" we will go through your social media, your posts, e-mails, cc and bank accounts to let the ai decide for you! Now you can put that bothersome brain to rest, sit back and.... well just sit back because it may be a while until anything actually happens but someday, maybe, probably, possibly it will... maybe come to market.... maybe. Invest now! 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jun 27 2024, 06:01
Quote from @Michael P.:
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Michael P.:

- day trading crypto
- ecommerce aggregator

This thread wild dawg

I smell a Columbus convo coming.