Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Eric Frisch
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Wholesale Inc. Training Course (5k) - Is is worth it?

Eric Frisch
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Jan 31 2018, 10:44

I want to get started with wholesaling properties in PA.  Should I take Wholesale Inc. 5k / 90 day class?  Does anyone have same contracts used by wholesalers?  I would assume I need two contracts 1) for the original selling 2) the contract to reassign the contract.  What's the best way to build buyers list while staying honest?  Looking for some help...5k on training would be a good start on other items needed to kick this off but if the training is worth it i'm all for it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 9 2019, 16:20

I joined wholesaling inc about 2 months ago. I love it, as it was already stated in this post you can learn it all on your own, trial and error or you can have several sucessful wholesalers implement it into a streamlined course with great instruction. 

A lot of you guys are saying go and learn it on your own, and big picture you have to see what's going to cost you more. 

How long will it take to learn all of the stuff in the course and implement it vs 5000 dollars. For me my time is more valuable I dont have to time to waste trying to learn everything on my own. 

I say its worth it but it comes down to how much you value your time. It will take you much longer to learn everything in the course on your own than 90 days. 

User Stats

Votes
Rhandell Mitchell
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 6 2019, 18:24

Thanks for your response. It’s sad how so many people are afraid to invest in themselves. Everyone at the top of their game on their respected fields usually had a coach.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Milian Bonillo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 8 2019, 21:01
Originally posted by @Joshua Dayrit:

I joined wholesaling inc about 2 months ago. I love it, as it was already stated in this post you can learn it all on your own, trial and error or you can have several sucessful wholesalers implement it into a streamlined course with great instruction. 

A lot of you guys are saying go and learn it on your own, and big picture you have to see what's going to cost you more. 

How long will it take to learn all of the stuff in the course and implement it vs 5000 dollars. For me my time is more valuable I dont have to time to waste trying to learn everything on my own. 

I say its worth it but it comes down to how much you value your time. It will take you much longer to learn everything in the course on your own than 90 days. 

User Stats

Votes
Milian Bonillo
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 8 2019, 21:07

That’s great Joshua Dayrit! I too value time more than money, so I got a coaching program and it’s incredible. Tons of support, a community with in-person meetings, online instruction at my disposal, and a direct path to steps I need to take to start doing deals much faster than guessing from a myriad of very good information out there, with no clear path. we can always make more money, but we can’t make more time. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Vaughan#1 Personal Finance Contributor
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Votes |
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Replied Apr 8 2019, 21:23
Originally posted by @Joshua Dayrit:

Joshua, it's now been 90 days.  Any updates?

I just worry that yes, you can shorten learning curves with coaching. Of course.

But no amount of education will make 70% deals minus repairs appear from air in a 90% market.

Thanks for any update. Curious how you're doing!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 15 2019, 22:10

Sorry about the delayed response. I am doing well, I have learned a ton and came really close to closing my first deal a couple of times. Ive put 2 properties under contract and had them not work out for certain reasons but the lessons I have learned are teaching me so much about the business. I am certain I will have a deal within the next month. 

Someone asked where I'm from, I wholesale and live in san jose ca. 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Johnston
  • Investor
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Garland, TX
Replied Apr 26 2019, 08:15

Just want to jump in on this. I don't mean to sound snarky, but I hope none of those attacking quality coaching programs ever parted with tens of thousands of your dollars to go to college... I know that my ROI on my college education is far less than that of the average Wholesaling Inc student...

I joined Wholesaling Inc about 18 months ago, having bought several rental properties and looking for a better avenue to source deals for our portfolio.  The Wholesaling Inc program is LEGIT.  Nothing about wholesaling is rocket science - but there is an art to it, and a coaching program is all about shortening learning curves and eliminating mistakes before you make them.  When I started the program it was $5000.  That investment paid for itself fewer than three months later when I closed my first deal, not to mention the savings through their partnership with ListSource.  In the 18 months since I started the program, I've closed enough deals to NET over $160,000, and that is with my doing it VERY part time.  I love my 9 - 5, I have no intention of quitting it, as it's my calling - RE is just a side gig. But my side gig, working just a couple hours a week, is making more than my 50-hour-week job. We've been able to purchase more rental property, and I've got a property closing today and just got another one under contract yesterday. BOOM! My local mentor got her start going through the Wholesaling Inc program, and she is on track to do over $1.5 million in revenue this year, and she started only 4-5 years ago. Results speak for themselves. I'm INCREDIBLY thankful for Tom Krol and the Wholesaling, Inc. team.  My time is valuable to me - I'm married with three kids and a demanding but wonderful job.  I don't have time to curate the best material (and how would I even know what's best???) from the thousands and thousands of posts and forums on wholesaling.  I don't have time to make lots of mistakes, not have a mentor, and spend months/years just figuring it out.  A single deal pays for the program.  I don't understand the aversion to quality coaching.  Yes, there are scams and gurus that are famous for being famous, but all the lead coaches in the program are $1 million+ annual wholesalers.  They have time to teach because they have so successfully scaled their businesses that they run without their daily interaction.  That's where I'm headed next!  And they've already cleared the way and systematized the business.  Why WOULDN'T I capitalize on their experience?

Account Closed
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jun 13 2019, 11:33

Everyone's asking for updates, I have made $40k+ working very part-time in 2019 and we're only halfway through the year. I have ramped up my marketing after starting the book 10x Rule and am looking to hire acquisitions manager and VA to assist with all the leads coming in. I still work full time so I can't handle all the new leads coming in so I'm looking to hire and step more into a few key activities which is the goal anyway to do less and keep making money. You can start wholesaling by taking for sale by owner and locking it up on craigslist or zillow but I had the money to join WI and my limit is time so I wanted a plug and play option which it is in some sense.

This business is a lot of work, don't let anyone tell you differently. But you don't have to learn it by yourself, you can accelerate the process a ton with coaching. Regardless you still need a marketing budget and 15+ hours per week.

User Stats

Votes
John Warnock
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Florida
Replied Jul 11 2019, 21:52
Originally posted by @Milian Bonillo:

That’s great Joshua Dayrit! I too value time more than money, so I got a coaching program and it’s incredible. Tons of support, a community with in-person meetings, online instruction at my disposal, and a direct path to steps I need to take to start doing deals much faster than guessing from a myriad of very good information out there, with no clear path. we can always make more money, but we can’t make more time. 

Hi Milian,

I'm wondering if you can share what you learned about the other programs as well as WI? I also follow Max Maxwell and Brent Daniels in addition to Tom Krol and would like to hear what your thoughts were against the WI program I am leaning towards. What has been your result?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Charles Willie Harris
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied Aug 1 2019, 14:05
Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:

The really sad thing about these programs, MLM included is the types of people they rope in the most often are often the ones with the most to lose and those that don’t have a spare 5k or whatever lying around

Amen.  The broke getting more broke. Broker? "Here, you don't have enough financial stress.  Let's put this $5,000 on your credit card.  No wait, the platinum level is $35,000.  Let's call those cards and get your limits increased first..." 

There are no shortcuts in RE.  Shortcuts cost in multiple ways and leave a wake of wreckage.

But this program isn't about shortcuts.

User Stats

Votes
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Votes |
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Replied Aug 1 2019, 15:04
Originally posted by @Charles Willie Harris:
Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:

There are no shortcuts in RE.  Shortcuts cost in multiple ways and leave a wake of wreckage.

But this program isn't about shortcuts.

That's fine you think so . Hopefully it's about learning to hold so you can not be constantly hunting for leads someday. Hopefully it's about creating from air motivated sellers willing to sell for 60% of FMV in the frothiest market in history. Hopefully you realized you mentioned the 10x napper and he probably doesn't give 2 rips either way. Do what ya want.

User Stats

Votes
Milian Bonillo
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Aug 3 2019, 06:25
Originally posted by @John Warnock:

Hi Milian,

I'm wondering if you can share what you learned about the other programs as well as WI? I also follow Max Maxwell and Brent Daniels in addition to Tom Krol and would like to hear what your thoughts were against the WI program I am leaning towards. What has been your result?

Thanks!

@JohnWarnock These are not negatives about any of the coaching programs, only observations. It was hard to choose because the ones I looked at were by my favorite educators and they’re all very inspiring. With that said:

Max doesn’t have a coaching program, he has live events, which didn’t match with my desire to learn online, at the time of my choice. WI is only about wholesaling and focuses on direct mail, so it advocates spending additional funds (thousands per month) on mailings. Other methods like driving for $$ have a lower cost requirement to undertake. 

Brent Daniels from TTP is very engaging and a bit less expensive than WI. I chose Laura Alamery because she has a lot of support; coaching calls, group meet ups (she travels regularly to meet with students), there are also local student meet ups (these take place without Laura), and her class goes over several wholesaling strategies (I can choose what resonates with me) and she covers a variety of real estate investing strategies aside from wholesaling. Her course is very in-depth, so you learn the mechanics of why things are done. Other courses are more about steps to do with less explanation of the why behind things.  

I advocate making a list of those you’re considering, have a coaching call with each (they’re always free) and have your list of questions ready for each call. Document info and take time to compare, contrast and check reviews. It took me a week to do all the calls and having an Excel spreadsheet made it easy to track and compare results. 

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Bryan S.
  • California
Votes |
  • California
Replied Aug 3 2019, 07:06

@Eric Frisch this is an old post, but I see this every time someone posts about a paid training program or mentor program. I have not used the above mentioned training program, nor am I an endorser of the program, just observing a general observation. Many chime in “IT IS ALL FREE HERE!!!” and it is. I think of it like this I could watch a YouTube video how to rebuild a car engine or I could shadow a seasoned car mechanic and learn how he rebuilds car engines. The above scenario is an example of two learning types. I would also assume the above scenarios have drastically different timelines. Some folks here are want to learn for free and some want to speed up their process, I don’t think either is right or wrong, but you have to decide what approach you want to take.

That being said, do you due diligence on a paid program like how you would do due diligence on free information.

Cheers and good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Aug 3 2019, 07:25
Originally posted by @John Warnock:

Hi Milian,

Thanks!

@JohnWarnock These are not negatives about any of the coaching programs, only observations. It was hard to choose because the ones I looked at were by my favorite educators and they’re all very inspiring. With that said:

Max doesn’t have a coaching program, he has live events, which didn’t match with my desire to learn online, at the time of my choice. WI is only about wholesaling and focuses on direct mail, so it advocates spending additional funds (thousands per month) on mailings. Other methods like driving for $$ have a lower cost requirement to undertake. 

Brent Daniels from TTP is very engaging and a bit less expensive than WI. I chose Laura Alamery because she has a lot of support; coaching calls, group meet ups (she travels regularly to meet with students), there are also local student meet ups (these take place without Laura), and her class goes over several wholesaling strategies (I can choose what resonates with me) and she covers a variety of real estate investing strategies aside from wholesaling. Her course is very in-depth, so you learn the mechanics of why things are done. Other courses are more about steps to do with less explanation of the why behind things.  

I advocate making a list of those you’re considering, have a coaching call with each (they’re always free) and have your list of questions ready for each call. Document info and take time to compare, contrast and check reviews. It took me a week to do all the calls and having an Excel spreadsheet made it easy to track and compare results. 

if you want to learn on line  virtually every type of coaching guru has his materials in some form and virtually everyone of them past students sell these materials on  E bay for 50 to 100 dollars..  that's not a bad way to start.. if your looking just to read and learn.. 

User Stats

Votes
Milian Bonillo
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Aug 3 2019, 22:11

That’s a good resource, Jay. I heard the Carlton Sheets CDs on eBay are still a great find! 

User Stats

Votes
Dustin P.
  • Realtor
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Aug 4 2019, 16:13

I think you'd get a lot more out of sending $5k worth of letters, looking up youtube videos and creating a spreadsheet to track your leads.

User Stats

Votes
Barry Pekin
  • Specialist
  • Purcellville, VA
Votes |
  • Specialist
  • Purcellville, VA
Replied Aug 8 2019, 08:48

@Eric Frisch,

I spent half that on another program, but it was much shorter. As such, I’m not getting ongoing weekly support, but I also think that I don’t need it. I get how the system works. I have contracts. I have sample marketing materials. Etc. etc. etc.

I really do recommend getting some formal training/support. It’ll get you going more quickly, and answer a lot of questions for you. In fact, so many questions I see here on BP were answered in the shorter 1-day version of my training. I later went on to take a 3-day boot camp that was pretty amazing.

Now I saw this post a week or two ago, and I stated listening to the Wholesalers Inc podcasts, and I think they’re great. It can’t replace full-blown training and mentorship, but I think these guys have great ideas. They’re motivating me and giving me tips everyday. And I’m only on episode 11.

User Stats

Votes
Charles Willie Harris
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied Aug 9 2019, 21:14

I'm about a week into the course and there's some pros and cons to it.

However, in general, it's been worth it for me. The coaching, the scripts, the documents, support, the direction, the motivation, etc. I just know that if I tried wholesaling on my own, I would've never been as far as long in just one week. Not a chance.

User Stats

Votes
Jake Washburn
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Feb 14 2020, 10:32

I've received a lot of replies to my reply, but I closed my other account because it was a duplicate. So I took the WI course in June 2018 and it's now February 2020. I think wholesaling is a great place to start if you need to make some cash to buy what you really want ie single fam, multi fam, commercial, etc. I've had some real home runs in this year and a half, one $20,000 deal, several deals for $7,500 etc. Right now I'm exploring subject to and owner financing because you get paid 3x - down payment from buyer, interest on the note, and when they sell or refi. It's a more profitable business model in my mind, but don't let that stop you from wholesaling. The WI course teaches you how to talk to sellers which is a skill you absolutely must develop. It also teaches you how to build a marketing machine which is also critical if you're sourcing your own deals as a flipper, landlord, etc. At the end of the day it's a tool, you have to work hard to make it a reality for you. The community aspect is very helpful to answer specific questions not answered by the course.  I recommend all newbies with no money to get a deal under contract from Zillow for sale by owner or Craigslist. You can easily make a few thousand there to get you started.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Hastert
  • Topeka, KS
Votes |
  • Topeka, KS
Replied Sep 10 2020, 14:33

By searching the forums for courses, I found that instead of just discussing that or any particular course, that we needed to start a new forum topic on all courses people found helpful.

In other words, what are the best and cheapest courses for wholesaling, seller financing terms, rentals, and rehabbing (fix to flip, fix to hold, BRRRR).

I do not believe that books, and BP, is enough to suffice. But I also believe the $5k courses and bootcamps are too expensive.  

I liked the days when you could order the home study courses that were about $500 and they came with actual marketing ad pieces, scripts to use on the phone, actual paperwork, contracts, addendum, how to find sellers, how to sell, how to close, and then had plenty of CDs that included lectures by topic, but also include actual case studies and live phone calls.  Complete business in a course. 

Sure, it helps to keep being educated by all the other ways, but I think beginners need to get these home study courses.  And I do not like the new wave of online courses.  I  cannot "see" them.  I think I have 2 or 3 and forget I even have them.  I like seeing my actual workbook, my contracts, my cds on my desk or table..Something about seeing them helps me to keep going.

Perhaps we could make a forum thread on this: what are the best complete and cheapest HOME Study Courses and by price and components and the following topics: wholesaling, seller financing terms, rentals, and rehabbing (fix to flip, fix to hold, BRRRR).

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 6 2020, 12:49
Originally posted by @Taryn Lewis:

@Milian Bonillo I’m in the same boat as well I want to join the program but 5k is risky

Taryn, have you looked into a variety of programs? There’s a lot of info and it’s tempting to choose a program right away, especially if feeling excited to get started! I’m holding off until I do a couple of more calls with different coaches. Once I complete my calls, I put info for each program into my spreadsheet and compare to see which is the best fit. I’ll be making a decision and getting started with a program this month. 

Hi @Milian Bonillo Did you choose a course and if so which one, did it go well ?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 6 2020, 13:13
Originally posted by @Charles Willie Harris:

I'm about a week into the course and there's some pros and cons to it.

However, in general, it's been worth it for me. The coaching, the scripts, the documents, support, the direction, the motivation, etc. I just know that if I tried wholesaling on my own, I would've never been as far as long in just one week. Not a chance.

What would you say are pros and cons ?

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Sonya Cunha
  • Wholesaler
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
Replied Nov 5 2021, 16:46

Milian, thank you for sharing your experience with Laura Alamery. Did you do her REI Growth Mastery Program? I'm seriously considering signing up. I just took her masterclass and have my discovery call with Liz (Laura's daughter) on Monday. I'm glad to hear you describe her program as "incredible". Do you feel the same way still?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 13 2022, 00:32
Quote from @Yolanda Eiland:

Hi @Eric Frisch I'm new to BP and I came across your post from 7 months ago. I was wondering what you decided to do and how is your decision working out for you. 

I’m about to get into the land investing course on a business credit card loan. At this point in my life I’m like I’m tired of struggling on my own sink or swim for better or for worse I’ll save this link and update you as I go