Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Launch Your Leads Scam

Tonya English
Posted

I’m considering hiring an attorney for a class action suit against the scammers from Launch Your Leads that take thousands of dollars and then you never hear from them. Their previous company Amplify My Business has the same horrible reviews and scam so they closed down and started the new scam called Launch Your Leads managed by Matt and Tom Mclleland. If anyone else here has been duped by these scammers, please reply.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied
Quote from @Tonya English:

I’m considering hiring an attorney for a class action suit against the scammers from Launch Your Leads that take thousands of dollars and then you never hear from them. Their previous company Amplify My Business has the same horrible reviews and scam so they closed down and started the new scam called Launch Your Leads managed by Matt and Tom Mclleland. If anyone else here has been duped by these scammers, please reply.

Can you go into more details about how you were scammed?

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

My company signed up and paid $12,000 upfront plus months $1,500 advertising. This company completely falsified any work or outcomes. In 7 months, they have not produced ONE lead to close as guaranteed on their website (Launch Your Leads…LYL) A background  was performed prior to signing up, but we had no idea they were doing previous fraudulent scams under another name called Amplify My Business . Google it on the BBB to read for yourself.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied

My company signed up and paid $12,000 upfront plus months $1,500 advertising. This company completely falsified any work or outcomes. In 7 months, they have not produced ONE lead to close as guaranteed on their website (Launch Your Leads…LYL) A background  was performed prior to signing up, but we had no idea they were doing previous fraudulent scams under another name called Amplify My Business . Google it on the BBB to read for yourself.

Did you not get any leads or did you not get the kind of leads you was anticipating?
i’m not saying these people are not scams because I have no idea. I do know that unless a person knows what they’re looking for and how to close, it can take a lot of leads to get a deal to the finish line.

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

He is currently providing direct attention to our issue of finding and closing deals. Tom has been very responsive to our concerns. We are starting from scratch on this business relationship and hopefully this will go as promised. I will keep you posted on any future developments.”

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Mohr
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied

I spoke with them about their VIP program out of curiosity. They claim they do all of the marketing, connect with the leads, negotiate the deal, and close it. After closing they split profits 50/50 with you. The cost of the program is 35K upfront and then approximately $3500/mo for all marketing. They guarantee 200K in revenue per year. I ultimately did not do it but I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried that program or knows of anyone who did. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

He is currently providing direct attention to our issue of finding and closing deals. Tom has been very responsive to our concerns. We are starting from scratch on this business relationship and hopefully this will go as promised. I will keep you posted on any future developments.”

Cool, it’s great that you gave clarity.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

I spoke with them about their VIP program out of curiosity. They claim they do all of the marketing, connect with the leads, negotiate the deal, and close it. After closing they split profits 50/50 with you. The cost of the program is 35K upfront and then approximately $3500/mo for all marketing. They guarantee 200K in revenue per year. I ultimately did not do it but I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried that program or knows of anyone who did. 

edit: wow so they wanted $3500? ok. still worth considering ASSUMING it's legit.

I was seriously considering this one too. I spoke to them but didn't go for it because I wanted to get my funding first. They also want you to spend on ads around $1500 so initial total investment is around $60,000, but NOW it's +$15,000 since the new year. 

I was still considering this today.

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

Been there spent the money with zero closings in a year.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Shazad Khan:
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

edit: wow so they wanted $3500? ok. still worth considering ASSUMING it's legit.

I was seriously considering this one too. I spoke to them but didn't go for it because I wanted to get my funding first. They also want you to spend on ads around $1500 so initial total investment is around $60,000, but NOW it's +$15,000 since the new year. 

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

Current VIP member for over a year and no closings. Have a meeting coming up and hopefully they will have better news.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Current VIP member for over a year and no closings. Have a meeting coming up and hopefully they will have better news.

Same here.... Have a meeting with Tom today after 3 cancelled meetings. I'm not happy. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

@Tonya English @Chad Runken VIP member here as well,  coming into month 4.. sounds like we are seeing similar results.(Zero)  Would love to chat and compare notes to see how we could get better outcomes.  I setup a discord chat to collaborate but not sure I can post it here.   

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I am also a VIP member. 7 months no results. I have voiced several concerns with no responses. I asked for ad copy and accountability of all adds and money I spent, only to be ignored. I believe a large amount of our ad spend was spent to advertise the program. After voicing that I will be hiring an attorney and filing a compliant with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection all my ad spend was cut off without warning to make it look like I violating the agreement and I was also locked out of some areas CRM system. I am starting the legal process as we speak and depending how many more we can make this a class action law suit.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied
Quote from @Jeff Murdorf:

I am also a VIP member. 7 months no results. I have voiced several concerns with no responses. I asked for ad copy and accountability of all adds and money I spent, only to be ignored. I believe a large amount of our ad spend was spent to advertise the program. After voicing that I will be hiring an attorney and filing a compliant with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection all my ad spend was cut off without warning to make it look like I violating the agreement and I was also locked out of some areas CRM system. I am starting the legal process as we speak and depending how many more we can make this a class action law suit.

This is not surprising. Most gurus who scam people have very fine print allowing them to cut you off for calling them out. See it everyday! 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied
Quote from @Shazad Khan:
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

Good thing. You would have been out of your money. 

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied

8+ months as a VIP. I'm interested in joining a class action. How can I communicate with you? Can I post an email address or phone number# 

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. Two 0 six seven nine nine two three 0 seven. 

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. Two O six seven nine nine two three 0 seven.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. Two O six seven nine nine two three 0 seven.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

This is not surprising. Most gurus who scam people have very fine print allowing them to cut you off for calling them out. See it everyday! 

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. I'd be interested in a class action lawsuit. Two O six seven nine nine two three 0 seven.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. I'd be interested in joining a class action lawsuit. Two O six seven nine nine two three 0 seven.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Pritchett
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Federal Way, WA
Replied
Quote from @Adam Dahmen:

@Tonya English @Chad Runken VIP member here as well,  coming into month 4.. sounds like we are seeing similar results.(Zero)  Would love to chat and compare notes to see how we could get better outcomes.  I setup a discord chat to collaborate but not sure I can post it here.   

I'm reaching out regarding launch your leads. I'm a VIP member and have been scammed also. I'd be interested in joining a class action lawsuit.  Two O six seven nine nine two three 0 seven.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

Did you not get any leads or did you not get the kind of leads you was anticipating?
i’m not saying these people are not scams because I have no idea. I do know that unless a person knows what they’re looking for and how to close, it can take a lot of leads to get a deal to the finish line.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

Nice cordial people who mean well, but had the program for a year and they didn’t produce even 1 hot lead let alone a contract.