Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Managing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jill Keller
Votes |
Platforms to List Rental Property

Jill Keller
Posted Oct 6 2023, 11:02

Hello,

Any advice on what platforms to list rental properties? I've been using apartments.com but thinking of branching out to other websites. Criteria below:

- Website should be free to list property. I'm fine with creating individual listings on multiple Sites. 

- Looking to get my property on multiple websites so I have better reach (without paying premium)

Also, is Zillow Rental Manager free to list/advertise your property for rent if you do not upgrade to premium? I'm seeing that it is $29.99 for 3 months for premium but wondering if I can list my property for rent for free without the benefits of premium.

Feel free to list what you use and why you like/dislike it.

Thanks in advance :)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 8 2023, 17:38

My other favorites to market:

1. Craigslist: still great for leads.

2. Facebook housing marketplace: also great for leads. 

3. Zumper.com: better for mid-term rentals I think but still good. 

User Stats

Votes
Nick DiFinzio
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Long Island, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Long Island, NY
Replied Oct 8 2023, 18:07
Quote from @Jill Keller:

Hello,

Any advice on what platforms to list rental properties? I've been using apartments.com but thinking of branching out to other websites. Criteria below:

- Website should be free to list property. I'm fine with creating individual listings on multiple Sites. 

- Looking to get my property on multiple websites so I have better reach (without paying premium)

Also, is Zillow Rental Manager free to list/advertise your property for rent if you do not upgrade to premium? I'm seeing that it is $29.99 for 3 months for premium but wondering if I can list my property for rent for free without the benefits of premium.

Feel free to list what you use and why you like/dislike it.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Jill! I used Zillow rental manager about 3 months ago to list a property, it was totally free for the property owner to list and receive applications. I thought it was a great user-friendly platform. Maybe they charge a fee now for the service? I would double check though!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jill F.
  • Investor
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Akron, OH
Replied Oct 8 2023, 18:15

You can still list you property free on zillow and they'll give you an option to upgrade to premium. They list to zillow, trulia and hotpads. I seem to get the best response from zillow.

User Stats

Votes
Staci Rogers
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Replied Oct 9 2023, 06:31

Hi Jill,

Search Facebook for properties for rent groups in your area. I also see a lot of investors post in general Facebook groups designated for a specific city or county and have success finding renters. Good luck!

Staci

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie Cabral
Pro Member
  • Wethersfield, CT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wethersfield, CT
Replied Oct 10 2023, 06:28

Hi! I use Zillow (you can list for free) and also TurboTenant since I use TT for my rent collection and applications. They also have a listing feature and a pre-screener, which is super helpful! If you use Facebook, you get the benefit of seeing their social media accounts but they get the same benefit of seeing yours since FB just did away with the ability for company accounts to post housing. I like separation between my tenants and my personal life so I wouldn't want them seeing my personal page BUT I've heard creating a secondary account without your personal info to list properties has been effective. 

User Stats

Votes
Tracy Streich
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma
Replied Oct 12 2023, 13:25

@Jill Keller. If you just have one house Zillow is free.  You can pay to do the premium and have it show up higher.   I am not sure why free always seems to be the issue on these request.  Zillow gets more views than all the others combined.  Pay the premium, fill the vacancy and think of all the money you saved doing it yourself.   Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Ben Scott
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Oct 12 2023, 16:37

Zillow still provides the most visibility and you can list for free without upgrading to premium. FB marketplace has been less successful in my experience. Lots of tire kickers.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Miller
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Grants Pass, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Grants Pass, OR
Replied Oct 13 2023, 05:50

A few options i haven't seen mentioned that are also good.  Tenant Turner, ShowMojo, and Rental Beast.  These all syndicate to the major listing sites in addition to their core purpose.  But actually the least expensive way to accomplish it is to use a property management software, like Rentec or any of the others, which will syndicate your data to all the listing sites.  Enter your property data once and it gets automatically replicated to all the major sites plus get all the benefits of the management software.

User Stats

Votes
Max C Moore
Agent
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Nov 6 2023, 12:06

I have used rentredi in the past & was pretty satisfied with the self management tools. It also helped syndicate the rental listing. If you are a BP pro member I believe you get the platform for free too

Roots Realty Co Logo