Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Marketing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
Probate Leads

Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Posted

In my city, our probate leads are published in the newspaper at the same time each month. I am finding that even in some big cities, folks are still having to trek down to the courthouse.

I was wondering, where all of you "probate investors" get your leads?

User Stats

Votes
Gerard Briggs
  • Brimfield, MA
Votes |
  • Brimfield, MA
Replied

Call your County courthouse and they should be more than helpful. That's what I will be doing on Monday. 

User Stats

Votes
Rich Hupper
  • Broker / Investor
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
  • Broker / Investor
  • Tewksbury, MA
Replied

Is anyone familiar with obtaining probate leads in massachusetts?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Laverne Anthony
  • Property Manager
  • Lithonia, GA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Lithonia, GA
Replied

Where can I find Probate listing online for Georgia

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Kocher
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied

@Sharon Vornholt, I'm in Houston, and I think they're listed on a website I've found.  I go in and check the deceased name, then go to hcad.org to see if they own property in Harris County.  If they do, can I reasonably assume that I can call that a lead?  Seems so simple, I feel like I'm missing something.

User Stats

Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
  • Goshen, KY
Replied

You really don't want to call probates.  Send a letter. These folks are grieving.  The purpose of doing it that way is for them to call you when they are ready.  You need to communicate with the decision maker AKA the executor/administrator.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied
Originally posted by @Laverne Anthony:

Where can I find Probate listing online for Georgia

Hello Laverne,

Here's the website for probate filings for the state of Georgia. Although your going to have to pick your county and court. (Atkinson, Brooks, Cobb, Dade etc;)

www.gaprobate.gov

Mark (N-CA)

Sac/Placer counties

User Stats

Votes
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied

Gee Mark, I voted for you because you provided a useful link the the prior poster didn't even have the courtesy or gratitude.to acknowledge. 

Don't be that newbie!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied

Thanks Rick. I just re-read this post again from Sharon Vornholt and most of the answers are here. BP members from W.V., TX, KY & MA have chimed in. Why would an investor want to spend money on probate lists in GA, OH, (48 other states) if they're free? I enjoy doing what I'm doing. Mostly because of my experience as an heir and as a current  problem solver. It's easy to trot down to the courthouse (county) attend the hearings (probate) and/or gather necessary information. 

Thanks again Rick!!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Kocher
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied

@Sharon Vornholt I think there was some confusion on my post. I wasn't saying I would call the lead, I was asking if that was actually a lead.  I've got on the county clerk probate site my county and cross referenced with hcad.org to make sure that the decedent owned real estate.  If they did, would that qualify as a lead?  (I am considering that a lead right now) I'm new to the process and was wondering if there should be anymore qualifying I should be doing. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied

List > lead > suspect > prospect > customer/buyer/seller or tenant 

User Stats

Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
  • Goshen, KY
Replied

Gotcha @Brandon Kocher.  That's a lead.  If they have property, the next decision I make is whether it is a property I would be interested in.

User Stats

Votes
Lazar Hausman
  • Wholesaler
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

I've been sending about 30-40,000 direct mail pieces a year for the past 2.5 years ( to absentee and owner occs).  I'm looking to add probate or inherited home leads to my mailings.  Is there a good third-party source that provides these lists (I'm in Bexar county).  I'm not interested in saving money by doing anything myself.  Just want to pay for a list that is accurate.  If anybody has any helpful information, please let me know, thanks!

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Joe Davalos
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

lazar

There is a company out of Houston called Real Acquisitions that advertises that they provide probate leads. I believe we worked together some years back on some of my REO listing. I am actively buying here in became county please keep me in mind for any wholesale deals
Before or right after you go to Real Acquisitions website message me.

User Stats

Votes
Quanicka Burr
  • Wholesaler
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Richmond, VA
Replied

So I am in the Richmond Va area and have been trying to find out where I can get probate. One county charge 600.00 to get it online and another is only at the court house. I know there has to be a way that I can use the   Obituaries names in order to find out if there was real estate or not. I f anyone know any answers please let me know.