Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Local Real Estate Networking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
Any real estate investors in Puerto Rico?

Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Posted

Hi everyone! I'm getting started in real estate investing. I'm from the area of puerto rico and wanted to know if any of you invest in puerto rico. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Klingshirn
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sumter, SC
Votes |
  • Sumter, SC
Replied

I am interested in the same, Genesis

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hurney
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied
Genesis Rivera Rios, I've been looking in PR, especially Carolina, for Property. Which area are looking in?

Mike

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joe Homs
Agent
Pro Member
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Replied

@Genesis Rivera Rios I just came back from there and I would suggest that you check out the HUD website for some good deals. I was looking in old town San Juan and found a two bed two bath condo for $250k that I am doing the numbers on right now. However if you have boots on the ground there you are way ahead of the game.

Good Investing.

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Mike Klingshirn:

I am interested in the same, Genesis

Hi Mike! do you know which area yours interested in investing at? 

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Joe Homs:

@Genesis Rivera Rios I just came back from there and I would suggest that you check out the HUD website for some good deals. I was looking in old town San Juan and found a two bed two bath condo for $250k that I am doing the numbers on right now. However if you have boots on the ground there you are way ahead of the game.

Good Investing.

Hi Joe, that's good advice I've actually been checking out homes in that website for future reference since I'm still saving up money and boosting my credit. A condo is a good investment idea. I also think buying and holding rentals is a profitable niche here in puerto rico since most families rent.

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Mike Hurney:

Genesis Rivera Rios,

I've been looking in PR, especially Carolina, for Property. Which area are looking in?

Mike

Hi Mike, Carolina is actually one of the places I've been eyeing as well as San Juan. 

User Stats

Votes
Roberto Torres
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
Replied

@Genesis Rivera Rios hi Genesis I'm an agent and investor from San Juan Puerto Rico. Bought my first propert last year in Calle Loiza area using HomePath app. They sell fannie mae and HUD properties like @Joe Homs recommended, highly recommened specially to start using FHA 203k loan. I also make videos about real estate so feel free to PM and me and connect. Would love to share everything I know because I just love talking about the market and properties. Good luch!

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Roberto Torres:

@Genesis Rivera Rios hi Genesis I'm an agent and investor from San Juan Puerto Rico. Bought my first propert last year in Calle Loiza area using HomePath app. They sell fannie mae and HUD properties like @Joe Homs recommended, highly recommened specially to start using FHA 203k loan. I also make videos about real estate so feel free to PM and me and connect. Would love to share everything I know because I just love talking about the market and properties. Good luch!

Hi Roberto, first of all it's awesome that you bought your first property already! I'm downloading the app so i can check it out. Also how can i find your videos? I'd love to watch them.

User Stats

Votes
Osvaldo Legrand
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
Replied

Hi Genesis and everyone else. Im also here in PR and just starting to get into the real estate business, I actually bought a rental  not long ago that im working on. What im actually struggling with is the fact that the market here i feel is still going down and im not sure how to get proper comps in order to make the right offer. Hopefully through BP we can reach people who can give us more info. wish you and all here best of luck and if i can be of any help feel free to contact me through BP.

User Stats

Votes
Genesis Rivera Rios
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Osvaldo Legrand:

Hi Genesis and everyone else. Im also here in PR and just starting to get into the real estate business, I actually bought a rental  not long ago that im working on. What im actually struggling with is the fact that the market here i feel is still going down and im not sure how to get proper comps in order to make the right offer. Hopefully through BP we can reach people who can give us more info. wish you and all here best of luck and if i can be of any help feel free to contact me through BP.

Best of luck with your new property, i think that the majority of people in PR rent so it's still a profitable business to have but you gotta be careful where you buy since you might be right and the market might be going down.

User Stats

Votes
Jan Morales
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Replied

Hi! I just put my first property under contract and will be closing in the next few days. I found the property via HUD and the house appraised for almost double the purchase value! It's a two unit rantal property. Looking forward to build my portfolio. Please reach out if you have any questions!

User Stats

Votes
Jan Morales
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Osvaldo Legrand:

Hi Osvaldo. I also just purchased my first rental in PR. I think that while the market is in a decline, which is great for investing, rentals should still cash flow. I am also hopeful that the market will get much better 10 yrs from now. Feel free to reach out if I can be of any help!

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Mainwaring
  • Richland Center, WI
Votes |
  • Richland Center, WI
Replied

We were just there at the beginning of Feb and will be making a return trip again soon. Lots of possibility and I need somewhere to escape from the snow. I've been liking a lot of what I see via HUD availability.

User Stats

Votes
Jan Morales
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Puerto Rico
Replied
Originally posted by @Roberto Torres:

Hi Roberto, 

I am looking to grow my connections in RE in PR. I also just did my first rental investment. I tried purchasing more on a big auction this weekend but didn’t have much luck. I’ll be in PR in the next few weeks and I’ll love to grab a coffee if you’re available!

User Stats

Votes
James Sigsbee
  • Marietta, GA
Votes |
  • Marietta, GA
Replied

Hi everyone,

I do not have too much to add here (yet), but I am also looking into expanding outside my local market and purchasing a short-term rental in Puerto Rico.  Happy to connect with any of you to share thoughts, knowledge, or contacts.  

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Norris
  • Washington DC
Votes |
  • Washington DC
Replied

Howdy folks.  I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has bought any properties or recommends any agents in Puerto Rico?  I'm headed there this weekend for a vacation and want to check out the market while I'm there.

User Stats

Votes
Kathryn Morea
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied

Hi Jonathan, I live in Puerto Rico - I moved from Santa Monica last November. I'm a licensed agent and longtime investor. The market here (like most places) is hot. We have an active investor community.  We can connect privately and you can fill me in on what you are looking for and maybe we can help or point you to someone who can :-)

-Kathryn

User Stats

Votes
Aaron T.
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Aguada, PR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Aguada, PR
Replied
Originally posted by @Jonathan Norris:

Howdy folks.  I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has bought any properties or recommends any agents in Puerto Rico?  I'm headed there this weekend for a vacation and want to check out the market while I'm there.

We use Damarys Barbosa on the West side of the island.