Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mike Ghajari
Votes |
looking to build a team in OKC to BRRRR

Mike Ghajari
Posted

Hi everyone. I have decided to invest in OKC and suburb. I would like to BRRRR. I am ok to leave some money in the deal. I am a newbie, however, I've read and also attended multiple programs about BRRRR strategy. I leave in California. I would like to build a team in OKC. I would appreciate any referrals and advice. I'm also looking forward to connecting with any Out of state investors who are investing in OKC.

Thank you in advance. 

User Stats

Votes
David Navas Rocha
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied

Hey Mike! 

David here. I work with investors all over Oklahoma. I'd love to partner up and see how I can be of assistance. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Ghajari
Votes |
Replied

@David Navas Rocha 

Hi David. I would like connect. Thanks 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Blake
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied

Hey Mike! If you're needing a property manager we should be able to help you out!

User Stats

Votes
River Sava
Pro Member
#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • USA
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • USA
Replied

Hey Mike! Always happy to connect. I have linked below a BP article that goes over the nuances of BRRRRs. Good luck and feel free to reach out! 

BP Article on BRRRRs: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/brrrr-loans-what-are-the-...

User Stats

Votes
Mike Ghajari
Votes |
Replied

Thank you everyone for the feedbacks and advice. I decided not to proceed with the investing in OKC. I am now looking at Columbus, Cincinatti or Cleveland in OH. 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#4 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#4 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied
Quote from @Mike Ghajari:

Thank you everyone for the feedbacks and advice. I decided not to proceed with the investing in OKC. I am now looking at Columbus, Cincinatti or Cleveland in OH. 

Welcome to the Ohio market!

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Larson
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied

Would be happy to send you information and connections in the Cleveland area!

User Stats

Votes
Jake Baker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied

@Mike Ghajari

OKC is a great market! I also live in California and invest out of state. 

Check out the Build Your Team section of BP: https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-companies

I found my investor-friendly agent first and she was able to refer me to the rest of my team. best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Lemuel Bolanos
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied

@Mike Ghajari - Happy to help you keep exploring OKC when the time is right. I know OH is a great market and you also wont go wrong in OK. Let me know if anything changes. 

User Stats

Votes
Lemuel Bolanos
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied

@Jake Baker - Great Insights man. Sent you a Linkedin Connection as well. Lets chat about collaborating in OKC. Love the services you can provide all my investors as well. Great opportunity to partner in those services as well. Talk soon! 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Bui
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Midwest
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Midwest
Replied

I've done several BRRRRs in a couple midwest markets (Memphis and Detroit). In all my deals, I've left a few thousand after refinance. Its good that you are ok leaving a a little bit in the deal but its hard to get it all back these days. Would be happy to connect and knowledge share about what you are seeing in your markets.

User Stats

Votes
David Leggett
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied

Even with prices going up, I still think you can find some great BRRRR deals in Cleveland as long as you act quickly and put strong offers in on the properties as soon as it hits the market since there a lot of other investors looking to do the same thing.

But the money is really made or lost by the team you put together.  It's really about finding those good contractors who can give you accurate quotes and timelines, as well as having an expert agent / broker who specializes in investment real estate and can help you identify these properties as soon as they hit the market.

Some people will say you can only find BRRRR deals off the MLS and through wholesalers, but my experience is the wholesalers drastically over inflate the projected ARV and you can find similar priced properties on the MLS and their properties generally need a lot more work than they're letting on.

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
Baselane is the Ultimate All-In-One Banking Platform for REI Built with integrated rent collection & bookkeeping to save time so you can grow your RE business.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied

@Mike Ghajari
If you are looking in Cleveland I would recommend being in areas on the West Side of Cleveland like West Blvd, Cudell, Old Brooklyn, Clark Fulton, Edgewater, Jefferson, and Brooklyn Centre. The reason is the rent-to-price ratio is good so you can cash flow, and most of the West side doesn’t have a Point of sale inspection which is really annoying.

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Udis
Pro Member
#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Replied

No matter what market you invest in, whether it’s in your backyard or out of state/more distant I cringe when I hear investors share they “want to a assemble their team”. It’s not that easy and even when you believe you have all the puzzle pieces in place, you will be replacing those pieces constantly. This particularly holds true for Comtractors/ Sub Contractors who have notoriously bad business acumen. In many cases it’s not their actual work that’s their undoing. It’s importantly to never take your peddle off the gas and constantly be adding new vendors to your rolodex. I see too many become complacent and then find themselves stuck. Also, if you are chasing the cheapest options (usually those without adequate insurance and licensing), you’re going to be spending more time repeatedly replacing those puzzle pieces. They are usually the vendors who are least reliable. 

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied

Cleveland has a good amount of value add deals for sure. Before getting into them though I would prepare to reach out and connect with dozens of contractors. I have renovated / BRRRR'd over 50 houses in the area and that was my biggest challenge getting into it.

User Stats

Votes
Monica Gibbs
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied
Quote from @Lemuel Bolanos:

@Jake Baker - Great Insights man. Sent you a Linkedin Connection as well. Lets chat about collaborating in OKC. Love the services you can provide all my investors as well. Great opportunity to partner in those services as well. Talk soon! 

Hi Lemuel,

I'm interested in deals in Oklahoma. I've followed your link and filled out the form. Hope to speak with you soon.