Real Estate Sales llc - Flip Cheap Houses

Real Estate Sales llc - Flip Cheap Houses

New to Real Estate · Canonsburg, PA · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 10 votes

Hello everyone!

I am 19 year old college student very interested in every aspect of real estate investing. I honestly hated college after my first semester and that’s when I began researching other career avenues. I knew from a young age I wanted to be an entrepreneur, coming from a family of business owners. Over the past few months I have learned more just from YouTube, podcasts, books, and Bigger Pockets forum then I could have ever imagined. I have become obsessed with educating myself everyday though the sources I listed above and have been promoted an opportunity where I need the bigger pockets families opinion.

About 2 months ago a family member had received an email from Real Estate Sales LLC - Flip Cheap Houses. This is a mentorship program where I would be assigned one of the companies mentor/coaches who would teach me how to wholesale. I know the basics of wholesaling but I value the companies lead system more then anything. They have access to your county court house documents where you are encouraged to send out 200 letters a week to the leads you are given. On top of the seller leads you also are given a list of investors in your area who have bought and sold 2+ properties in a 60 mile radius, which is "your area".

Now into the numbers. The company has two options to start their program. (12 month)

1. $13,750 start up costs and 50/50 split of profits with your mentor

2. $18,750 start up and 80/20 split of profits with your mentor

The website “promises” $100,000 in wholesaling profit after the first year and if not, the mentor will work with you to complete the promised sales for free after the first year.

As a 19 year old who is desperate to get into real estate anyway I can, this opportunity looks promising. I’ve been in contact with one of the owners Amy Keith and have had several great conversations about her company. My parents are willing to take a chance on me because they see the passion I have to get started in real estate. They are willing to finance this opportunity for me and I need your guys/girls opinion of the legitimacy. Thank you!

1Reply
249 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 917 posts · 607 votes
5y

Don't do it!  Hold onto your wallet and run away.  We've reached the point where there are now more gurus selling their get-rich-quick crap than there are properties for sale in America.  Also, the myth of wholesaling does not often equal the reality of the strategy.  Sounds enticing:  buy property after property for .35 on the dollar, quickly flip it to someone else for a fast, fat profit.  Rinse and repeat. Oh, the joy!  Reality check:  how many homeowners are going to sell you their house at such a substantial discount?  What about the competition?  I have an investor friend who is a successful wholesaler and has been for many years.  We had lunch a while back, where he told me he drops 10,000 direct mail pieces each and every month.  Can you compete with that?  There are easier strategies for a n00b to start with. I'm not trying to discourage you, Jack.  I'm trying to save you $15K.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 917 posts · 607 votes
    5y

    Don't do it!  Hold onto your wallet and run away.  We've reached the point where there are now more gurus selling their get-rich-quick crap than there are properties for sale in America.  Also, the myth of wholesaling does not often equal the reality of the strategy.  Sounds enticing:  buy property after property for .35 on the dollar, quickly flip it to someone else for a fast, fat profit.  Rinse and repeat. Oh, the joy!  Reality check:  how many homeowners are going to sell you their house at such a substantial discount?  What about the competition?  I have an investor friend who is a successful wholesaler and has been for many years.  We had lunch a while back, where he told me he drops 10,000 direct mail pieces each and every month.  Can you compete with that?  There are easier strategies for a n00b to start with. I'm not trying to discourage you, Jack.  I'm trying to save you $15K.

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2020 · 108 posts · 135 votes
    5y

    @Jack Hritsko

    Don't waste your money. Invest in a monthly subscription to PropStream, which will give you access to MLS data, county data, and so much more. All the other information that you need is on here and other platforms such as YouTube for free. Join your local REIA and find a mentor there. There are some good books that are low cost as well. Take the money you were going to use and capitalize your LLC.

    I’d also recommend taking your state’s mandated training/education for real estate licensure. Whether or not you choose to take your test and get the license is up to you. Wholesaling while licensed can be more complex, but people do it (and do it well). The main thing is, taking the training will educate you in the foundational aspects of real estate which only helps you.

    Wholesaling is but one of many strategies and depending upon the property and situation, you would leverage one over the other.

    Best of luck in your investing. Put you money to work for you, not in someone else’s pocket.

  • Real Estate Investor/Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 757 posts · 318 votes
    5y

    I don't know anything about that company but there are so many of them it's hard to keep track. I would say NO, do not spend your money or your parent's money on any real estate training. Everything you need to learn is available for free and the rest is up to you to put in the work. It's NOT an easy business but if you're passionate about it you'll find a way. 

    When I first started my monthly budget was $500-1000 a month, closed 8 deals my first year. In my 2nd year, I closed 42.....monthly budget started to increase as the more deals I closed, and slowly but surely I was able to build a business. I have yet to pay for ANY training. You can put that money to better use. Just my 2 cents.

    Best of luck.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3y

    Don't do it.  I invested in this company several years a ago never made a dime.  They did not even know the area.

    I received calls from the owner every day until  i invested my money.  Never hear from her again.  They don't tell you about all the out-of-pocket cost for mail outs and paper direct mail.  I am surprise this company is still around.

    Plenty of surprises they don't tell you about,  I am not sure how they can sleep a night.  IU would find a better option if I were you.

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    The owner is Amy Keith. I never got results and there is a MASSIVE cost to sending the letters out they don't tell you about in addition to the startup cost. You will not see results, it's just a basic wholesaling scheme. There is nothing they do that you can't find for free on the internet. 

    When I asked Amy about this she sent this to me in her reply threatening financial ruin on me and my family if I complained to the BBB (no idea where she even got this from), but this should tell you all you need to know about this company:

    "Our Corporate Attorney wants to make it very clear to you, Jason, if you complain to a 3 rd
    party or post anything negative online about the company, associates, or coaches you are
    intentionally maliciously defaming our company and since our reputation is very
    important to us that leaves us no other option than to have our Corporate Attorney sue
    you for Defamation and/or Fraud. We won a Defamation Lawsuit against a client with
    similar circumstances as your situation. He filed a complaint at the Nevada Better
    Business Bureau, we won and immediately had him served at his residence/place of
    employment/business with a Defamation Lawsuit. We have since won that lawsuit and
    the judgment will destroy that client financially for the rest of his life. This is all because
    he tried to defame our company."

    Edit

    I previously posted a comment on this Bigger Pockets forum stating that I was dissatisfied with Real Estate Sales, LLC – Flip Cheap Houses. I would like to provide an amended update to that post. The issue I had with Real Estate Sales, LLC – Flip Cheap Houses was a simple misunderstanding that has been resolved. I am now 100% satisfied.

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I should add that I worked with Nick. I liked working with Nick and he's a good guy, very experienced. I didn't like how I was treated by the people above him. It's just the wholesaling framework that I will not personally invest in going forward. 

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Did you get your money back?  they’re supposed to have 100% moneyback guarantee. I’m in the process of talking to Amy Keith about investing in the company. Wanted to know if you know anything else that you can tell me about this company 

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    Good afternoon, my wife and I have been using Real Estate sales system since 2019 off and on. We were new to the real estate business and this company is what we finally went with. All the way from Brian and Amy to Nick being our coach, the experience has been great! I know there are plenty of other people to go with that say they can take you all the way to the top, and they may be able to do just that. But I promise nothing is free, it will cost money and time no matter what you do! From the letters we sent out in our areas we have been able to purchase (some we have kept as rentals and others we have sold). Real Estate sales, llc- flip cheap houses has helped us scale!! Our portfolio is up to over 100 doors. Not all of our doors have come from the letters being sent out but 1/3 of them have and being in the real estate game has opened other ways for us to purchase more doors. So with all of this said, it works! But you have to do the work! You have to trust the process!

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Adam Leonard:

    Good afternoon, my wife and I have been using Real Estate sales system since 2019 off and on. We were new to the real estate business and this company is what we finally went with. All the way from Brian and Amy to Nick being our coach, the experience has been great! I know there are plenty of other people to go with that say they can take you all the way to the top, and they may be able to do just that. But I promise nothing is free, it will cost money and time no matter what you do! From the letters we sent out in our areas we have been able to purchase (some we have kept as rentals and others we have sold). Real Estate sales, llc- flip cheap houses has helped us scale!! Our portfolio is up to over 100 doors. Not all of our doors have come from the letters being sent out but 1/3 of them have and being in the real estate game has opened other ways for us to purchase more doors. So with all of this said, it works! But you have to do the work! You have to trust the process!

    Thank you for replying to my post. Can you tell me what area you work in?   You’ve actually bought 100 homes since 2019?  How long did it take for you to close your first transaction?? 
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    I would like to know the answer to that as well! How long and how many letters did it take to close your first deal?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.