Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Deb S.:

@Account Closed my experience over the last 4 years has been worth every dime! The community is where the value is - not that the knowledge and legal docs aren't important cause they are. I've been a PML on over a dozen deals, I'm part owner of 2 mobile home parks and part owner of a SEO start up biz.

All of these deals were brought to me from the subto community-I didn't have to go looking for them and that's the power of this community. You can do an entire RE transaction just by using the resources in the Subto community. 

We have wholesalers, people with subto assignments, others that do dispo, PML/PMPs, transaction coordinators, Title Companies in most states that specialize in Subto/creative finance (brand new thanks to Pace), property managers for STR/MTR, people looking to JV on Padsplit/co-living, JV partners for mobile home parks (MHPs)/RV parks, self storage, opportunities for multi-family (MF) syndications, etc. The list goes on.

The knowledge sharing is very powerful. Everyone is there to help or point you in the right direction if they can't help with your specific issue. You'll want to network, network, network so that you meet people knowledgeable in areas you're not. Many, many people have met and built their own teams within subto. People will post looking to add an underwriter to their team or a closer for example. The only way you won't be successful is if you stay silent! I have absolutely no regrets. It's a lifetime membership which I've never seen anywhere else and it more than pays for itself.

Yes, there is free information out there. But if you need help implementing that information, figuring out all the pieces to make an opportunity successful (buying a subto, doing a wrap, a lease option, seller finance, for example), what legal documents you need, a partner to help you fund your deal, then that is where the value of the subto community is. 

If you know everything already then you don't need to join a mentorship. But if you want to learn and grow your portfolio and even have a partner or 2 on a deal, then Subto community might be for you.

If you do decide to join, let me know and I can send you a link for a discount. Deb

I have different thoughts on the "community" I see on facebook. Here is an example where someone is now providing tax advice as a sub2 person: What is even worse is people are thinking this is great and wanting to do it as well. This group is like a herd of sheep being brought to the edge of the cliff and no one is asking the question why is everyone jumping off....

Here is also another online review.
Gator Lending Reviews | ScamRisk

@Chris Seveney: As you are properly pointing out, bad advice gets amplified in a  group like that. And not all loans pay off. Lending to unsophisticated borrowers, who have no money or experience, isn't my idea of a safe investment. ;-)

I have over 20 people in my group who have had not just bad but horrible experiences with Pace and his gators. There is a conference next week in Florida where one day will be dedicated to discussions and strategies for helping people not just avoid the gators but also recover from them. 

Gators are overtly. Most have no real estate experience to begun with. Pace recruits them by running ads on You Tube. I actually saw one while watching the postgame from the Colorado-Baylor game 2 weeks ago. 

I have one person who had 6 deals with Gators. One gator boi started calling the bank. A good way to get the mortgage called due. 

Also lending at 200% is kind of usuary. My own EMD lenders are loaning at less than 30%.

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied
Quote from @Bob P.:
Quote from @Deb S.:
Quote from @Ali Radoncic:
Quote from @Chida Truong:

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

uffffff $7,800 for info Id imagine you could get from you tube university.  I understand investing in yourself, but with so much info flying around for free I wouldn't want to do it.

I didn't help your question at all, but when I saw the price tag I couldn't resist.

You're not just paying for information and contracts. You get an entire community of over 13,000 to JV with, buy deals from, sell your deals to, ask questions/get answers on your specific deal, etc. In my opinion, the community itself is well worth the cost.
This is also a life time membership that doesn't expire after a few months. If you divide the cost over say 3 years (I've been in over 3 years), it's probably close to the cost of monthly subscriptions to CRMs, batch dialers, skip tracing services, etc.
It's another tool in your toolbelt that doesn't have a renewal cost!!
Just my two cents..........
@Deb S.: Looks like some time ago you joined the Pace Morby group. Have you done any deals as a result?

What has been your experience so far?

I have done several PML deals and purchased 3 houses.  I am relatively slow compared to others in the community, but I like to do the slow and steady so I don't F' up. :)   To answer your question it has been AWESOME.   I was really hesitant to spend the $'s, but looking back I am so glad I got out of my own way.   

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied

Well there is an entire conference that would have been held this week if not for the hurricane about stopping Pace and the gator bois. It may even have had some DOJ interest. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Well there is an entire conference that would have been held this week if not for the hurricane about stopping Pace and the gator bois. It may even have had some DOJ interest. 

you spend a lot of time trolling Pace on this Forum.  We get it.  You don't like him.  Enough man.   I'm no fan either but you're obsessed.

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied
Quote from @Justin Buswell:

you spend a lot of time trolling Pace on this Forum.  We get it.  You don't like him.  Enough man.   I'm no fan either but you're obsessed.

I’m not a fan of Pace either, but  Why a whole conference?  There are people that do Sub2 respectfully and do not promote it to everybody, nor shove it down their throat.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

I’m not a fan of Pace either, but  Why a whole conference?  There are people that do Sub2 respectfully and do not promote it to everybody, nor shove it down their throat.

Ostensibly to network with other subto folks.  Just like BP Con or one of the 100s of others.   ITs also important to know that while PAce has taken "Subto" like he created it the group deals with everything in real estate.  Not just subto.   Wholesaling, mindset, disposition, systems, multifamily, underwriting, on and on.  Of course creative finance as well.  

The network is really good for some people.  Some people make a lot of partners and friends in the group.  That is why there is a conference.

I personally have lent and invested in 5 deals due to networking int he group.  They have all turned (So far) well for me.  I know many people who got taken and the PM org did nothing for them other than told them not to post about it in the Facebook group.

Of course, Pace and his friends will be hawking stuff too.  He is the ultimate sales guy.  EVERYTHING he does is about monetization.  EVERYTHING.  Not to say there is not value there if you don't buy something.  There is.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

Ostensibly to network with other subto folks.  Just like BP Con or one of the 100s of others.   ITs also important to know that while PAce has taken "Subto" like he created it the group deals with everything in real estate.  Not just subto.   Wholesaling, mindset, disposition, systems, multifamily, underwriting, on and on.  Of course creative finance as well.  

The network is really good for some people.  Some people make a lot of partners and friends in the group.  That is why there is a conference.

I personally have lent and invested in 5 deals due to networking int he group.  They have all turned (So far) well for me.  I know many people who got taken and the PM org did nothing for them other than told them not to post about it in the Facebook group.

Of course, Pace and his friends will be hawking stuff too.  He is the ultimate sales guy.  EVERYTHING he does is about monetization.  EVERYTHING.  Not to say there is not value there if you don't buy something.  There is.

so what is the name of this conference and where is it being held ?

User Stats

Votes
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied

Yeah no. I am working to stop him. Just block me boi 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Joe S.:

Sqad Up Dallas.  https://www.squadupsummit.com/

No idea if you can just go if you are not a member.  They were offering us a really cheap ticket this year which was nice.  Im not going.  

User Stats

Votes
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

More to it than Pace. But 1 of the 3 days is how to deal with Pace and shut his gator bois down. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

No idea if you can just go if you are not a member.  They were offering us a really cheap ticket this year which was nice.  Im not going.  

OK got it.. no different than going to a Tony Robbins event you have all the likely suspects selling their version of how to get rich and or take control of your personal affairs.

Or in my day a Zig Zeigler event ( I loved that guy) or Robert Schuler would have some top speakers at his events as well.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

OK got it.. no different than going to a Tony Robbins event you have all the likely suspects selling their version of how to get rich and or take control of your personal affairs.

Or in my day a Zig Zeigler event ( I loved that guy) or Robert Schuler would have some top speakers at his events as well.

I love Zig too.  Met him back in the day.  

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Replied

well good luck.  Honestly, with the way his org works I'd be worried that they find a way to come after you.  THat said there is a ton of positive value in the offerings.  Yes there is a dark side but there is a ton of positive.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

I love Zig too.  Met him back in the day.  

Yup  "need a check up from the Neck up "  one of my fav Zig lines. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied

well good luck.  Honestly, with the way his org works I'd be worried that they find a way to come after you.  THat said there is a ton of positive value in the offerings.  Yes there is a dark side but there is a ton of positive.

There are people with deep pockets and lawyers about to go after him and them! 

BTW here is a picture inside one of the freshly renmovated as of spring 2024 apartments in the news from Aurora Colorado. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied
Quote from @Joe S.:

I went to one Tony Robbins event. I had a free ticket. This was in the 90's. It was lame. 

Here is another picture inside the Aurora Colorado apartments in the news.