Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Knoxville Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
Where are you at Knoxville,Tennessee Investors?

Christopher B.
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted

Hello my fellow Knoxvillians, I wanted to reach out to all the local folks that frequent Biggerpockets. I look forward to connecting with you all and hope to see the Knoxville thread frequented regularly. Hopefully it can be a good resource for us all. 

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Hi @Christopher B.

I am still in the learning stages of investing. I have a few friends that are active investors that are not on BP, but I am also looking for more local connections. A few of us have mentioned that we will try to meet up at the next REI meeting in Knoxville in a previous post.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

The local reia tends to get a lot of traffic. I believe they're discussing note buying this month but I wont be able to be there. Where are you at in the process of getting started? 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

I am closer than when I began :) I'm ready to start submitting offers on promising properties. I may have to use HardMoney with a decent down payment, but have heard that's not a bad way to acquire deals. I have repair funds available already. One friend of mine is a real estate agent which specializes in REO's. I'm slowly getting some help from him and hope he can show me a few opportunities soon. Lately, I've been trying to absorb as much information as I can. I really love Brandon's webinars.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

That's awesome, it sounds like you're getting close to making a deal happen. Yea, Brandon puts out good stuff. There is a lot of great content on this site, a good place to learn no doubt.

Account Closed
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Hey guys. I've been meaning to go to one of the REIA meetings but I haven't made it yet. I talked to a wholesaler who said he went to a few meetings and found them helpful. I also am still in the learning stages, although I think I'm pretty close to getting out there and doing my first deal. Let me know if either of you want to meet up at some point.

Mason

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Sounds great @Mason. It seems we are about at the same page.

User Stats

Votes
Rick Fagan
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Replied

I just found this sub forum and it is nice to meet local people.  Mason and Payton good luck on your first purchase.  I enjoyed the KnoxREI meeting and the note buying was interesting.  

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Thanks @Rick Fagan,

Yes, I learned a lot about notes in just those 3 hours. Good stuff.

A quick tip when addressing members on the site...

Type the "@" sign and the first 3 letters of the members name and click on their pic right below your typing box and it will alert each member that you addressed them personally.

User Stats

Votes
Rick Fagan
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Replied

@Payton Abernathy

Great tip.  Thanks.  Dont be shy and tell me more about how to navigate this site.  Did it work?

User Stats

Votes
Robert R.
  • Investor
  • Gatlinburg, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gatlinburg, TN
Replied

Good morning folks.

I live in Gatlinburg and invest in vacation rentals but am also interested in the goings on in Knoxville. My wife and I attended a home auction up there recently. 

Several more coming up. Check out powellauction.com. I am not affiliated with them in any way, just noticed they have many local home auctions. The one we attended I thought was way overbid. Did research ahead of time. 

It was fun to go and a good learning experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied
Rick Fagan Yes. I was alerted via email and on my iPhone app.

User Stats

Votes
John Murphy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Hi everyone,

I just moved to the area AND discovered this site, so I am excited on two fronts! I am interested in networking with other individuals like myself who like flipping/renting.  I am what I would consider a novice investor, as I don't know what 'notes' are or building a network means other than meeting people that help each other reach a goal.  That being said I would consider myself successful in my limited experience, and am more or less ready to hit the ground running on properties.  My interest currently lies in lower income urban houses that I can either flip or more likely rent.  I have what I would consider to be a decent amount of liquidity that I can contribute, as well as sweat and muscle.  I don't have any contractor connections, and I would love to find people willing to match my investment to buffer the risk or increase buying power.  I have interest beyond residential real estate as well, so I am open to investment ideas as well.  I am meticulous in my work so if someone is proposing something that doesn't seem well prepared I won't be interested even if it its a good idea. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@Rick Fagan

I have the BP app on my iPhone. What I am noticing there is the @ name does not work when using the app. It seems to work when I type my post but after posting it changes like I just typed the name only.

Have you setup keyword alerts yet ?

https://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Those are really cool.

User Stats

Votes
Rick Fagan
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Replied

@Payton Abernathy

Yes.  That has been very helpful.  I have met a lot of people that way who want to know more about MH's.  I dont have a smart phone so I dont have to worry about that.  

User Stats

Votes
Rick Fagan
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Replied

@John Murphy

@John MurphyHi John.  Glad to see more people coming aboard this subgroup.   I want to work strictly with mobile homes.  If you would like to know more about them we can have some coffee sometime. 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Seaton
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Good morning! Nice to see other real estate investors. I own and manage SFH in North Knoxville and Fountain City. I am looking at small multifamily properties to purchase. Love networking and sharing ideas- and learning.

Seaton Properties

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@Sarah Seaton

I'm in North Knoxville too. I'm still in the beginning stages but would love to meet up and see if we can learn/help each other with future deals. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Craig
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

I am opening a Gus's Fried Chicken in Knoxville, TN on Sutherland in the Spring of next year.  Come see us! Rocky Top!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Ilardi
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

I'd love to have an informal meetup sometime with folks from BiggerPockets. I am a commercial real estate agent focusing on multifamily properties. I eventually want to get into investing but I figured I'd get my foot in the door by becoming an agent.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Cruz
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Hello Everyone,

I am also new to Knoxville (Dec. 2013) and because of my schedule I am only a turnkey RE investor (moving toward my 4th property). Here's my Success Story post:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/177...

Unfortunately because of my schedule I can't come here as much as I would like, BUT when I am done I DEFINITELY want to become more familiar w/ Knox County and invest here. I am leaning toward wholeselling / wholetailing / cold calling - but I have a year left in class so we'll see what next shinny object comes my way  :-D

@Robert R. thanks for the link

@Ryan Ilardi I would be very interested in an informal meetup

Talk to you guys later

User Stats

Votes
Wayne King
  • New Tazewell, TN
Votes |
  • New Tazewell, TN
Replied

Hello everyone. I am new to the Forum as well as to real estate investing. I am from north of Knoxville. I am currently pursuing a career in REI and could use any help I can get. I've been researching and trying to soak up as much info as I can for the last 3 or 4 months and now my wife and I are convinced to take the next step and look at more educational opportunities. I am going to attend the next KnoxREI meeting. We are interested in flipping but would pursue any opportunities that come our way. So any one who wants to meet informally to talk I would be glad to do that.

@RickFagan I would love to talk with you about MH's sometime

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@Wayne King

Welcome to BP. I'm still in the learning stages as well but very close to making 1st purchase. I've met several great people on BP and at KnoxREIA. Hopefully we can learn from each other even though we are both novice. 

Ps, when trying to make a direct link with the "@" , after you type the @ and the first 3 letters , the name should be populated as a link below the text box , click on that link to make it work. You can't just type @ and the name only. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Wayne King
  • New Tazewell, TN
Votes |
  • New Tazewell, TN
Replied

@Payton Abernathy I think I have it now?

User Stats

Votes
Wayne King
  • New Tazewell, TN
Votes |
  • New Tazewell, TN
Replied

@Rick Fagan I would love to talk with you about MH's sometime

User Stats

Votes
Rick Fagan
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maryville, TN
Replied

Hi Wayne.  Payton told me the same thing about 1-2 weeks ago.  It helped a lot.