Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
NEWMAN!!!!!!!!! from Milwaukee, WI

William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Posted Apr 29 2014, 12:52

BP... How the heck are ya? My name is William S. Newman. I am a new investor, but not without knowledge of the real estate market. I grew up in Milwaukee, WI and currently reside in Glendale, WI. I can smell a good deal. I can feel a great one. Like literally. When I know a great property has potential to net profits, I get the butterfly feeling in my stomach. I eat, sleep, breath real estate. Only recently have I pulled the trigger on making my dream of becoming a renowned investor materialize. It is always hard to take that 1st step, but it is always worth it. I previously did not have a strong support system behind me, but now everyone in my small circle of friends is focused, and in turn it is making me more focused. I also have a baby girl who will enter his world in a few short months. I want to spend time with her, watch her grow and never miss even the tiniest triumph in her life. She also has me thinking more about the future and not the present.

I am a Taurus, so I am very concerned with the quality of life and the future of my family. I also like to see others happy. Just because you live in a certain area does not mean that you should not have pride in where you live. I want to see more people owning homes and not just renting. There is a negative thought process in the inner city. Many believe they will never own a home. Thus their American dream will never happen. This will travel from generation to generation. There will be entire family trees that never amount to anything because no one ever showed them that their dreams can come true. I plan on nurturing families and preparing them for home ownership. I want to show them that it can happen. That you can raise your children in a safe and secure home in a beautiful neighborhood, and as long as you handle your business, NO ONE can take that away from you. The quality and structure that a child having growing up in a home is priceless. When moved around from apartment to apartment, there is never any sense of belonging. This turns into a downward spiraling path of destruction… OKAY, I’m done…

I know that investing in real estate will place me on the road of exactly where I need to be, and hope to end. It will also grant me the opportunity to help others. So please, please, please, reach out to me and I will reach back. My ambition and determination will make me a winner. I was placed here to do this… SUCCEED

Let's get ready to inveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest....

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:07

@William Newman WWWEEEEELLLLCCCCOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:30

Thank you Joe!!!! I was doing my best Michael Buffer at the end there. How are you? I am so excited to be finally taking steps in the right direction. BP is an amazing tool.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Hunter
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Cypress, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Cypress, CA
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:34

@William Newman Hello William and welcome to BP. I can hear exactly what you are saying sir. I am not familiar with WI, but it sounds similar to some places back home in Virginia.

User Stats

Votes
Ramon Jenkins
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:43

Welcome to biggerpockets and good luck with your

future investments

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:44

Hello Christopher, and thank you for the greeting. Yes, Milwaukee is a great city, but the inner city is overpopulated with dispair. I just want to help others and help myself. I have heard that Virginia is beautiful. How is the market there?

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 14:46

Thank you for the greeting Ramon. And good luck to you also sir.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Demots
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 17:18

Hi welcome to BP! The community here can definitely help you navigate the REI waters. Search around and ask questions as needed. The information I've got from fellow members has been invaluable. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 29 2014, 17:44

Hi Scott. Thank you very much for the greeting. I will most definitely use BP to its fullest extent. I think I have been on BP for about 3 hours straight now.

User Stats

Votes
Dale G.
  • Investor
  • Wauwatosa, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Wauwatosa, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 07:03

Welcome to Bigger Pockets William, we have quite a few people on here from Wisconsin so you shouldn't have any problem connecting with like minded local people

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 07:15

Good morning Dale. thank you for the greeting. This is exciting! I can feel the connection with BP already. I am at work with one computer screen locked on BP and the other Excel spreadsheets. LOL

User Stats

Votes
Dorothy York
  • Investor
  • Mequon , WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mequon , WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 09:13

Welcome to Newman. Hope to meet up with you sometime as we are both in the same market. Admiral goals, by the way.

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 09:28

Good morning Dorothy. Nice to meet you and thank you for the greeting. We should most definately meet soon, have a cup of coffee and trade stories. I am SOOOOO ready to jump into my 1st purchase. I have done a lot of due dilengence and the market is ready!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Sample
  • Duplex Investor
  • Coolidge, AZ
Votes |
  • Duplex Investor
  • Coolidge, AZ
Replied Apr 30 2014, 12:03

Good Afternoon William, I use to live in milwaukee and currently have investment properties there....I understand exactly what you mean when you said you can smell a good deal...I will be in Milwaukee in May. Maybe we can talk over a cup of Starbucks...lol

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 12:14

Good afternoon Steve. Thanks for the greeting. We can most definately do that!!! Hit me up when you make it back in the city. Arizona huh??? Lucky you. It's still trying to snow up here... LOL

Milwaukee is so ready for the taking! Just by knowing which areas are good to invest, half the battle is won right there. And it is not oversaturated with investors. As soon as I find a good hard money lender for my just start, no looking back!!!

User Stats

Votes
Joe D'Occhio
  • Cary, NC
Votes |
  • Cary, NC
Replied Apr 30 2014, 12:22

Ok I'll say it......

helloooo Newman :)

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 12:31

Exactly... Someone out there in BP feels me... What's going on Joe? Thanks for the greeting. BP is getting serious. I am connecting with the people I admire. Time to makes these dreams come true!!!! WHO IS WITH ME?????

User Stats

Votes
NA Burkart
  • Investor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 17:40

Welcome @William Newman! I work in Glendale, nice community. I also invest in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Dan C.
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 17:55

Hey Newman! Welcome to BP. There are a lot of other investors in SE WI on here. Good luck on your RE plans.

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 19:40

Good evening David and Dan. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the greetings!!! All these new connections on BP is intoxicating.

@David- I live and work in Glendale. I am really looking in the surroundings area to invest also. Whitefish Bay, Shorewood, Fox Point equals gold mines if you can secure a good deal in those areas. Some new investors might be afraid of the high cost. But the higher the risk, the greater the reward.

@Dan C.- I see that there are many Wisconsinites on BP. Very encouraging. Hopefully we will have BP meeting in Milwaukee soon so that I can meet everyone personally.

User Stats

Votes
Dan C.
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 20:33

@William Newman There are actually monthly meetings now for BP members in the MKE area organized by Nicole Pettis. I like the parts of town you mentioned as well.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Pettis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • St. Louis, Mo
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • St. Louis, Mo
Replied Apr 30 2014, 21:10

@Dan C. you read my mind! Thank you!

@William Newman welcome! I love your mission statement and I agree with you whole heartily!

We have a great group of investors here in Milwaukee. Everyone is willing to help and guide one another. Like Dan mentioned we have a local group that meets the last Saturday of every month. Our next meetup is on May 31st at Stone Creek Coffee at 422 N 5th St, Milwaukee, Wi and the topic will be "How to find a great contractor". Our goal is to have experienced speakers come at every meeting, but every once in awhile we just like to have a little gathering to get to know one another.

So please join us at the next one!

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 21:33

Hi @Nicole Pettis Nice to meet you and thank you for the greeting. @Dan C was just informing me that you organize the monthly BP meeting in the Milwaukee are. I will most definitely be there. I can't wait to me all if you personally and continue to network on BP. I am starting to get a very good feeling about this...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#3 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#3 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied May 1 2014, 05:22

Hey @William Newman welcome to BP!

User Stats

Votes
William Newman
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied May 1 2014, 05:28

Thanks @Brandon Turner. The love so far on BP has been amazing. Top class stuff you got going on here... Now it's time to hit these forums...

P.S.
I love the podcasts!

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied May 1 2014, 16:06

Thanks @William Newman ! I love 'em to! I learn more than anyone from them, I think!