Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Dina Schmid
Votes |
Furniture and Appliance Delivery to Rural/Difficult to Access Locations?

Dina Schmid
Posted Apr 25 2024, 12:27

I'm continuing to search for a vacation home that we can use list as a STR when we're not using it. We walked away from one that we really liked after it was found to have some serious foundation issues. We've been looking primarily in the Red River Gorge (KY) area and also in the Hocking Hills (OH) area. Occasionally we see places listed that need 4 Wheel Drive to access or require climbing a lot of stairs to reach the front door. I didn't even go up the long, steep driveway to one because I felt completely uncomfortable driving it in my SUV. In my mind it seems like it would be hard to coordinate furniture and appliance delivery as it may require a special vehicle and/or extra manpower to take something up 70+ stairs. I've been mentally crossing places like this off my list, but maybe I'm overly pessimistic.

Is there a trick to getting furniture and appliances delivered to a place like this that I'm just not aware of? Even if we buy turnkey, eventually it will need something and I want to make sure I'm not ruling out places that I shouldn't be.

Loading replies...