Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chris Shon
Pro Member
Votes |
Connecting with Investors/Landlords in ATL

Chris Shon
Pro Member
Posted

Hello BP Community!

My business partner and I are looking to invest in single-family homes and duplexes in and around Atlanta. We're based out of California, but have a solid team in Atlanta, including a contractor and realtor.

Due to the distance, we've had some challenges with in-person meetups. So, we're trying to find other ways to connect with people who are active in the city. 

I'm already part of a few Facebook groups, but I'm also open to chatting or catching up over a phone call. Any advice or insights about the city would be greatly appreciated. I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Thanks in advance for any tips or introductions you can provide. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

• Chris Shon
  • User Stats

Votes
    Azeez K.
    • Investor
    • Atlanta, GA
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Atlanta, GA
    Replied

Hi @Chris Shon

I am fellow investor/broker in Atlanta. I am pretty active in Atlanta . Feel free to connect. You can find more information on my profile. 

User Stats

Votes
    Replied

I have a triplex in Conyers. Would you be interested?

BiggerPockets logo
    BiggerPockets
    |
    Sponsored
    Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
    Wali Rahman
    • Investor
    • Chamblee, GA
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Chamblee, GA
    Replied
    Hey I sent you a message. Might have something for you. 

User Stats

Votes
    Gurshan Bansal
    Pro Member
    • Rental Property Investor
    • Los Angeles
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Los Angeles
    Replied

Hey Chris! 

I just moved to the Woodland Hills area and am an experienced real estate investor. I grew up in Memphis where I own 4 long-term rentals that are SFHs. I know the city inside out and lived there for 20 years, visiting regularly. I most recently lived in Atlanta for 10 years where I have one Airbnb and long-term rental that are both SFHs. I also own a 5 unit apartment in Cleveland which I manage with a partner. My last real estate transaction was being a GP in a 144-unit apartment syndication in St. Louis raising $500k for the project. I'm looking to connect with like-minded investors and can help with the neighborhoods of ATL. I've lived in Inman Park, Old 4th Ward, Buckhead Chamblee, and Sandy Springs. Please let me know if I can help out! 

• Gurshan Bansal
  • User Stats

Votes
    Jordan Ray
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied
    Quote from @Chris Shon:

Hello BP Community!

My business partner and I are looking to invest in single-family homes and duplexes in and around Atlanta. We're based out of California, but have a solid team in Atlanta, including a contractor and realtor.

Due to the distance, we've had some challenges with in-person meetups. So, we're trying to find other ways to connect with people who are active in the city. 

I'm already part of a few Facebook groups, but I'm also open to chatting or catching up over a phone call. Any advice or insights about the city would be greatly appreciated. I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Thanks in advance for any tips or introductions you can provide. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Thats great! What's Atlanta like for having a rental portfolio? I hear it compared to Memphis on occasion and wonder what the similarities are?

Jordan Ray - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
    Gurshan Bansal
    Pro Member
    • Los Angeles
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Los Angeles
    Replied
    Quote from @Jordan Ray:
    Quote from @Chris Shon:

Hello BP Community!

Thats great! What's Atlanta like for having a rental portfolio? I hear it compared to Memphis on occasion and wonder what the similarities are?

Hey Jordan,

Memphis and Atlanta are vastly different in my opinion. Atlanta has a thriving tech scene in Buckhead which brings a lot of jobs to the city. The last time I was there in May I counted around 20 cranes in Midtown alone. Midtown, Downtown, Buckhead, and surrounding areas like Chamblee and Brookhaven have exploded in the last decade. Atlanta has many walkable communities and dozens of boutique restaurants centered around new construction apartments. The only way I can see Memphis and Atlanta having similarities is probably in the south side of Atlanta (nearby Hartsfield Jackson). I think the average home sale price in Shelby County is ~$220k and the Greater Atlanta Area encompasses 3 counties; Fulton, DeKalb, and Cobb County. In Fulton Co. alone, the average home price is almost ~$430k. Would be happy to chat in more detail if this was helpful!

• Gurshan Bansal
  • User Stats

Votes
    Jordan Ray
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Votes |
    Agent
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Memphis, TN
    Replied
    Quote from @Gurshan Bansal:
    Quote from @Jordan Ray:
    Quote from @Chris Shon:

Hello BP Community!

Hey Jordan,

Memphis and Atlanta are vastly different in my opinion. Atlanta has a thriving tech scene in Buckhead which brings a lot of jobs to the city. The last time I was there in May I counted around 20 cranes in Midtown alone. Midtown, Downtown, Buckhead, and surrounding areas like Chamblee and Brookhaven have exploded in the last decade. Atlanta has many walkable communities and dozens of boutique restaurants centered around new construction apartments. The only way I can see Memphis and Atlanta having similarities is probably in the south side of Atlanta (nearby Hartsfield Jackson). I think the average home sale price in Shelby County is ~$220k and the Greater Atlanta Area encompasses 3 counties; Fulton, DeKalb, and Cobb County. In Fulton Co. alone, the average home price is almost ~$430k. Would be happy to chat in more detail if this was helpful!

Thats cool man! I was just curious, don't plan on investing in Atlanta

Jordan Ray - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
    Clara Cheng
    • Investor
    • Los Angeles CA, USA
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Los Angeles CA, USA
    Replied

Hi @Chris Shon - I'm also a real estate investor based in CA, but currently building out a portfolio in Atl (currently just closed my first deal and planning on more to come). Would love to connect!