Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Pradeep Roy
Votes |
Investing West of US61 - memphis 38109

Pradeep Roy
Posted

Hi Guys,

Are there any concern in investing in real estate west of US-61 in memphis 38109. I am looking to buy turnkey houses in that area but wanted to reach out to you guys to check if there are any concerns on that?

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Ray
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied
Quote from @Pradeep Roy:

Hi Guys,

Are there any concern in investing in real estate west of US-61 in memphis 38109. I am looking to buy turnkey houses in that area but wanted to reach out to you guys to check if there are any concerns on that?

Are you buying them off-market with a turnkey provider or on the MLS? I personally like west of US-61 and have looked at alot of houses in all pockets of this area. I personally own 1 on Margaret Rd. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Jordan Ray - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Pradeep Roy
Votes |
Replied

thank you for the reply. I am buying from a turnkey company. I was listening to a podcast of crestcore company in memphis and they were saying west of 61 is not a good idea to invest.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Ray
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied
Quote from @Pradeep Roy:

thank you for the reply. I am buying from a turnkey company. I was listening to a podcast of crestcore company in memphis and they were saying west of 61 is not a good idea to invest.

I don't see any issues with that area. 

Jordan Ray - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
James Martin
Property Manager
Agent
  • Property Management
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
  • Property Management
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

For a lack of better words 38109 is a tricky area. If I was an out of state buyer I would purchase homes over in Coro Lakes or East of Third Street near Shelby Drive and Horn Lake Road.