Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Land & New Construction
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bryce Young
  • Wholesaler
  • Springville, UT
Votes |
Investing in Vail, Colorado

Bryce Young
  • Wholesaler
  • Springville, UT
Posted

I stopped in Vail, Colorado on my way to Utah. It's an incredible place. Someone on the bus was talking about real estate investing and I wondered what the market is like in Vail. Does anyone have experience there or know about its development? 

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Birdsong
  • Investor
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Collins, CO
Replied
@Bryce Young

Bryce,

Unfortunately, It's very expensive and unless you have the capital and ability to take lower rates of return, It's a difficult place to get started investing. However, if you have a strategic approach for VRBO properties it might be a good opportunity to get going. Cheers!

Stuart

User Stats

Votes
Bill S.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied

@Bryce Young all it takes is money. Vail is probably #2 in terms of price and notoriety after Aspen. Lots of people that buy there do so to have a property in that location. It makes the real estate really expensive for the rest of us. Most people there don't need cashflow and many properties are vacant except for a few weeks a year. The worker bees live down valley and commute long distances every day. If you are patient it does see ups and downs periodically but at those times the rest of the country is hurting so bad that few have the ability to pull the trigger. Most owners are well insulated from the ups and downs of the economy.

• Bill S.
  • NREIG  logo
    NREIG
    |
    Sponsored
    Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.