Votes |
Morris invest TEXAS

Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Posted Feb 11 2020, 20:19

https://www.youtube.com/post/U...  Looks like Mr. Morris has flown into Texas and has a new gig. 

@James Wise

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Feb 14 2020, 08:10
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @James Wise:

https://www.youtube.com/post/U...  Looks like Mr. Morris has flown into Texas and has a new gig. 

@James Wise

lol 1st two comments are priceless.

Anyone notice how young each and every person in the van is? Reminds me of those groups of young people recruited to go out and sell door to door.

I'd feel safer huffing people's coughs in Wuhan, China than working for Clayton Morris.

Yea...people get suckered all the time by bad players. I mean, if you take an honest and comprehensive look at society and all the places where a racket exists and we all go along with it, it's pretty staggering really. Another view on that is it's good for the economy, a little destruction that is, inefficiency. And yet, we have more of everything everyday despite that. At least here in the US.

It's actually just a bit too easy. Finding a sucker to go along that is. They say there's one born everyday, I wonder if that might be more like one every minute, every second maybe?

I happen to think the reason is fear and pride. Fear of the truth. Fear of accepting what must be done in the light of the truth. Too prideful to admit we are gullible and stupid. Powerful emotions those are. And of course, in the end, we are all slaves to our stomach, the most powerful master we face in our time here. That tends to sway people away from doing "the right thing".

Everyday, day after day, there are new people coming on BP and wanting in this game. They have no idea why or how or what to do. They seek some dream, and their course is plotted in this direction. The tree of suckers is so ripe, so plentiful, so endless. How do you suppose all the Clayton Morris's of the world are ever going to be able to resist that? Think of a drug addict that might wake up in the morning and their favorite vice is waiting for them on their nightstand.

That picture says it all really. Every one of those people is beaming with joy and hope and excitement. My favorite is the blond girl at the back that is smiling and staring out the window as she dreams beyond the moment. Clayton will never run short of feeding his vice. (the blond girl in the front seat looks a lot like the gal from Cooks Country on PBS)

I love that you and Jay have taken on this battle. I suspect you both also understand exactly what I just said, and take the battle on anyways - I find that admirable. Ironically, I also think Clayton is right about you in a way, that the only thing you might accomplish with all of this is self-promotion. Maybe he's not so dumb after all, just an evil ****er. And maybe, just maybe, not even that.

But truly, is there anything wrong with making a buck while exploiting evil and steering people in a better direction? Not to me. I say bravo. I say what else can we do? We all have to eat, everyday.

There is an opportunity for firms like yours right now in this space. I've thought about entering it myself. Pretty much for all the same reasons. Opportunity, wealth, do-gooding. The only real difference between you or myself and Clayton is the last part of do-gooding. And maybe, just maybe, Clayton actually believes he is doing good for people. I mean, go back to the first thing I said, pride and fear. People lie to themselves all the time. People might even lie to themselves more than they lie to others. I'd say that makes a person more of a fool than evil. I won't be surprised if that's the defense if Clayton ever gets his day in court.

LOL - Someone should write a book on how to not get scammed. Heck, someone probably already has. I wonder how the sales of that book stack up to the sales of "get rich in a day in real estate".

My two cents? (well, three or four at this point) Just don't let this ****er consume you my friend.

And I'll leave this commentary with a final thought about our friend Clayton. A person need not serve others to make lots of money investing in real estate. In fact, most players serve only themselves. And yet, after failing at serving others in a grand way, Clayton has decided to pick up right where he left off and continue down that path anyways. To me, that says it all about the sort of person Clayton is. In some past Asian cultures, if you acted dishonorably, the only honorable thing to do would be commit suicide. I'm not saying I think Clayton should do that of course, I'm just pointing out that after failing others, instead of giving that up because he's clearly not qualified, he's deciding to give it another go.

I am not taking on the Battle.. just giving my personal opinions based on 4 decades of buying selling and brokering real estate and building new construction .. developing communities etc..  Jim is taking the fight to Morris with his investigative reporting. 

I know. And I (we all) love you for it. Which reminds me to send a check to your charity. I'll get my pen and checkbook out now before I forget again.

deeply appreciate any donations..  U can make them on line with pay pal !!!  the more I look at that photo in the van it does not seem real IE those are real investors.. I have been on many a bus tour with operators and that is not the normal demographic.

Yeah - and what exactly is an "office team"? Are they employees or investors?

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 14 2020, 08:22

@James Wise

Anyone notice how young each and every person in the van is? Reminds me of those groups of young people recruited to go out and sell door to door.

I'd feel safer huffing people's coughs in Wuhan, China than working for Clayton Morris.

Yea...people get suckered all the time by bad players. I mean, if you take an honest and comprehensive look at society and all the places where a racket exists and we all go along with it, it's pretty staggering really. Another view on that is it's good for the economy, a little destruction that is, inefficiency. And yet, we have more of everything everyday despite that. At least here in the US.

It's actually just a bit too easy. Finding a sucker to go along that is. They say there's one born everyday, I wonder if that might be more like one every minute, every second maybe?

I happen to think the reason is fear and pride. Fear of the truth. Fear of accepting what must be done in the light of the truth. Too prideful to admit we are gullible and stupid. Powerful emotions those are. And of course, in the end, we are all slaves to our stomach, the most powerful master we face in our time here. That tends to sway people away from doing "the right thing".

Everyday, day after day, there are new people coming on BP and wanting in this game. They have no idea why or how or what to do. They seek some dream, and their course is plotted in this direction. The tree of suckers is so ripe, so plentiful, so endless. How do you suppose all the Clayton Morris's of the world are ever going to be able to resist that? Think of a drug addict that might wake up in the morning and their favorite vice is waiting for them on their nightstand.

That picture says it all really. Every one of those people is beaming with joy and hope and excitement. My favorite is the blond girl at the back that is smiling and staring out the window as she dreams beyond the moment. Clayton will never run short of feeding his vice. (the blond girl in the front seat looks a lot like the gal from Cooks Country on PBS)

I love that you and Jay have taken on this battle. I suspect you both also understand exactly what I just said, and take the battle on anyways - I find that admirable. Ironically, I also think Clayton is right about you in a way, that the only thing you might accomplish with all of this is self-promotion. Maybe he's not so dumb after all, just an evil ****er. And maybe, just maybe, not even that.

But truly, is there anything wrong with making a buck while exploiting evil and steering people in a better direction? Not to me. I say bravo. I say what else can we do? We all have to eat, everyday.

There is an opportunity for firms like yours right now in this space. I've thought about entering it myself. Pretty much for all the same reasons. Opportunity, wealth, do-gooding. The only real difference between you or myself and Clayton is the last part of do-gooding. And maybe, just maybe, Clayton actually believes he is doing good for people. I mean, go back to the first thing I said, pride and fear. People lie to themselves all the time. People might even lie to themselves more than they lie to others. I'd say that makes a person more of a fool than evil. I won't be surprised if that's the defense if Clayton ever gets his day in court.

LOL - Someone should write a book on how to not get scammed. Heck, someone probably already has. I wonder how the sales of that book stack up to the sales of "get rich in a day in real estate".

My two cents? (well, three or four at this point) Just don't let this ****er consume you my friend.

And I'll leave this commentary with a final thought about our friend Clayton. A person need not serve others to make lots of money investing in real estate. In fact, most players serve only themselves. And yet, after failing at serving others in a grand way, Clayton has decided to pick up right where he left off and continue down that path anyways. To me, that says it all about the sort of person Clayton is. In some past Asian cultures, if you acted dishonorably, the only honorable thing to do would be commit suicide. I'm not saying I think Clayton should do that of course, I'm just pointing out that after failing others, instead of giving that up because he's clearly not qualified, he's deciding to give it another go.

Clayton Morris Scam
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 14 2020, 10:39

@James Wise

I am not taking on the Battle.. just giving my personal opinions based on 4 decades of buying selling and brokering real estate and building new construction .. developing communities etc..  Jim is taking the fight to Morris with his investigative reporting. 

I know. And I (we all) love you for it. Which reminds me to send a check to your charity. I'll get my pen and checkbook out now before I forget again.

deeply appreciate any donations..  U can make them on line with pay pal !!!  the more I look at that photo in the van it does not seem real IE those are real investors.. I have been on many a bus tour with operators and that is not the normal demographic.

No. It sure doesn't. Maybe it's a crew of people knocking on doors for deals. Or maybe it just happens to be a group of the younger generation interested in getting an early start in REI. With REI gaining popularity the way it has been, maybe the "look" of the typical investor is going to change. Let's not forget who this guy is and how resourceful he is. Maybe the entire thing is a photo-shop for promotion. Maybe it's a church retreat group - now that's cynical even for me.

User Stats

Votes
Adam D Rinehart
  • Investor
  • Houston
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston
Replied Feb 14 2020, 10:54

@James Wise I haven’t seen this level of dark humor since the original TuckerMax.com forum posts, and for that, I thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Hodgdon
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Novato, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Novato, CA
Replied Feb 14 2020, 11:06

Biggest risk in real estate is counter party risk. The actual asset is second.

User Stats

Votes
Jim K.#2 Investor Mindset Contributor
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Feb 14 2020, 11:54

Clayton Morris called the HR department of my employer on Feb 12th. He told the HR manager that I have been harassing him online and making threatening and violent comments against him. I took the opportunity to explain what a fraud this douchebag is. We had a good laugh. I told HR the next time he calls to just send the call over to me. And if you want to talk to me directly Clayton, my extension is 318.

This is what he is, in the end. This is what it looks like when the snake comes out of the egg. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Chris. Sorry, but not too surprised.

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Feb 14 2020, 12:55
Originally posted by @Jim K.:

Clayton Morris called the HR department of my employer on Feb 12th. He told the HR manager that I have been harassing him online and making threatening and violent comments against him. I took the opportunity to explain what a fraud this douchebag is. We had a good laugh. I told HR the next time he calls to just send the call over to me. And if you want to talk to me directly Clayton, my extension is 318.

This is what he is, in the end. This is what it looks like when the snake comes out of the egg. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Chris. Sorry, but not too surprised.

Thank you - but it's no skin off my back. HR isn't going to do anything. The only thing they may do is tell Clayton to go F off...

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 14 2020, 13:14

Thank you - but it's no skin off my back. HR isn't going to do anything. The only thing they may do is tell Clayton to go F off...

You are fortunate IMO. I could see something like this going the other way too. People are strange.

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Feb 14 2020, 13:17

You are fortunate IMO. I could see something like this going the other way too. People are strange.

What do you mean?

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 14 2020, 13:42

What do you mean?

What if your HR person didn't like you? What if your boss didn't like you? What if instead of being a nice guy everyone likes, you're the harmless weirdo everyone thinks is strange and thinks is creepy? What if the HR person or boss just like to be nitpicky and over-reactionary out of irrational fears?

I worked in a nursing home once. As a guy, I was definitely not liked for that reason alone by many people. I had people trying to get me fired or in trouble left and right, despite the fact I was an exceptional worker and the residents loved me. That part of the job was not fun and very real. The place was small. The place was political. The place was cut-throat. Something like this, where a person from the outside, someone from the holy television, calls in and makes an accusation of harassment would not have been laughed at.

I would consider an attack of this nature very serious if it happened to me. Jim is right, it shows what sort of person Clayton is. A normal person takes another person to court if they have an issue. Crazy people make it personal and go for personal things - you know, like a drug cartel might. Finding out who you are, where you work, who the HR person is, calling them and telling a story - that's ruthless and crazy. The problem could have been, what if the people you work with are just as crazy???

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Feb 14 2020, 13:45

What do you mean?

What if your HR person didn't like you? What if your boss didn't like you? What if instead of being a nice guy everyone likes, you're the harmless weirdo everyone thinks is strange and thinks is creepy? What if the HR person or boss just like to be nitpicky and over-reactionary out of irrational fears?

I worked in a nursing home once. As a guy, I was definitely not liked for that reason alone by many people. I had people trying to get me fired or in trouble left and right, despite the fact I was an exceptional worker and the residents loved me. That part of the job was not fun and very real. The place was small. The place was political. The place was cut-throat. Something like this, where a person from the outside, someone from the holy television, calls in and makes an accusation of harassment would not have been laughed at.

I would consider an attack of this nature very serious if it happened to me. Jim is right, it shows what sort of person Clayton is. A normal person takes another person to court if they have an issue. Crazy people make it personal and go for personal things - you know, like a drug cartel might. Finding out who you are, where you work, who the HR person is, calling them and telling a story - that's ruthless and crazy. The problem could have been, what if the people you work with are just as crazy???

My workplace isn't like that at all - we're all very friendly and get along great. It's really a great place to work. Heck, maybe Clayton will submit his resume!

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Feb 14 2020, 17:30

@Jay Hinrichs

As a former teacher,... I thought that was a high school volleyball trip picture..

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 14 2020, 17:58

Word on the street is Lubbock, Texas is the new market Clayton Morris is working.

-

Clayton Morris Meme

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 14 2020, 18:01

What do you mean?

My workplace isn't like that at all - we're all very friendly and get along great. It's really a great place to work. Heck, maybe Clayton will submit his resume!

Unlikely. I heard he's been practicing for another gig already.

Clayton Morris Fraud

User Stats

Votes
Phil DuChamp
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Feb 15 2020, 07:14

@James Wise this should be at the top of all the forum categories.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 15 2020, 07:29
Originally posted by @Phil DuChamp:

@James Wise this should be at the top of all the forum categories.

Clayton Morris Meme

User Stats

Votes
Victor S.
  • WorldWide
Votes |
  • WorldWide
Replied Feb 15 2020, 08:46

Wow, taken straight out of the book of another conman who called the boss of a guy who was writing short articles on his stock to quite him down.  

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 16 2020, 11:42

I wonder which "authorities" ole' boy Clay is referring to when he's threatening to "turn" these victims folks in...

_

Clayton Morris threatens victim

_

User Stats

Votes
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Feb 16 2020, 16:26

I wonder which "authorities" ole' boy Clay is referring to when he's threatening to "turn" these victims folks in...

_

_

There's gotta be video of him swallowing a rat somewhere.

Account Closed
  • Fairfax, MO
Votes |
  • Fairfax, MO
Replied Feb 16 2020, 16:31

_

_

The Federal Bureau of Mean Comments

User Stats

Votes
Mike D'Arrigo
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Feb 18 2020, 11:10

@James Wise

Geez, this guy is like Freddie Kruger. You never know where he'll pop up.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 18 2020, 11:36

_

_

Agreed. If it ever surfaces i'm sure he'll sue me for that as well. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 18 2020, 12:42

_

_

Damnit Jim, look what you made me do....

Clayton Morris eating a Rat Meme

User Stats

Votes
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Handyman
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Feb 18 2020, 14:32

_

_

Damnit Jim, look what you made me do....

Clayton Morris eating a Rat Meme

I suspect he likes them live and wriggling, though, so he can feel them going down his snake throat.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Johnson
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Apr 16 2020, 12:22

he's live on youtube right now spreading the gospel and his thoughts on the mortgage crisis