Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Agent
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Michael Nijhawan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lorton, VA
Votes |
Investor-friendly real estate brokerages to hang my license

Michael Nijhawan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lorton, VA
Posted Sep 10 2021, 09:20

Hello, I'm a relatively new real estate agent and one of my primary reasons for getting my real estate license was to leverage it for real estate investing in my area, which is Northern Virginia.

Therefore, I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations for investor-friendly brokerages where I could potentially hang my license and be an active real estate investor.

One caveat, is that, I am a part-time real estate agent/part-time real estate investor.

Any insights from the members would be greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Mya Toohey
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Replied Sep 10 2021, 20:18

@Michael Nijhawan

Hey Michael, congrats on getting your license.  I am a Realtor, Investor and property manager in the Tampa Florida area.  There are brokerages out there that allow you to pay by transaction not by commission.  I have a broker that I pay $250 each transaction.  Not a percentage.  They do exist.  Best of Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Nadia Daggett
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Sep 21 2021, 09:44

Hi Michael, 

Yes, I am currently with a great investor-friendly brokerage. The brokerage has a complete package. They have 4 main divisions: Acquisitions, Property Management, Retail, and In-House investor-friendly lending. What separates this brokerage apart is that they work with investment properties above and beyond. Each property has an appraisal, photos, videos, full inspection report, along with a full ROI report for each acquired property before they are marketed. There is also hard-money lending and in-house lending for the investors as well. If you are interested in joining a brokerage that not only works the assignment side with investors but also retail real estate, please pm me. It would be great to chat.

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
Find Deals

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Sep 21 2021, 12:05

Hi Michael,

I would recommend Out Fast Realty & Investments

User Stats

Votes
Dan Delcorio
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Apr 22 2024, 06:33
Quote from @Nadia Daggett:

Hi Michael, 

Yes, I am currently with a great investor-friendly brokerage. The brokerage has a complete package. They have 4 main divisions: Acquisitions, Property Management, Retail, and In-House investor-friendly lending. What separates this brokerage apart is that they work with investment properties above and beyond. Each property has an appraisal, photos, videos, full inspection report, along with a full ROI report for each acquired property before they are marketed. There is also hard-money lending and in-house lending for the investors as well. If you are interested in joining a brokerage that not only works the assignment side with investors but also retail real estate, please pm me. It would be great to chat.

Nadia, are you still with said Brokerage?

User Stats

Votes
Nadia Daggett
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 15 2024, 15:36

@Dan Delcorio

I am with Investing N Florida. A very investor friendly brokerage and concentrate on innovative real estate strategies.

User Stats

Votes
Jenny Craven
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield, OH
Replied May 17 2024, 09:12

Hi! I'm with eXp and I'm an investor myself and I love it. Being cloud based has the perk of tons of freedom and less time constraints for meetings and trainings (but with the advantage of them being there every day if you want them!). I also joined a local team that has an office so I have the added plus of being able to go work and be surrounded by colleagues when I want and need extra support. I'm part time in the sense that I don't really work 8 hour days, but I'm full time in the sense that I don't do anything else. And, I know people hate the sales-y part of eXp info, but there are lots of different avenues to grow over time within the brokerage outside of selling real estate. I love the flexibility to be able to do what I need to do for my business and my investing and have always had a great experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Ahmad Aram
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Northern Virginia(VA)
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Northern Virginia(VA)
Replied May 21 2024, 20:01

Hi Michael! Also a NOVA based REALTOR and I hung up my license with Long and Foster. Granted I want to do investing but it does not hurt to try and make some great connections/sales working as an agent. 

I do have a full time job that I work as my primary income so this is more for fun/expanding my horizons. So would be worth looking in to. They are great. Lots of classes/teaching to get the gist of things. And plenty of resources for marketing yourself. 

I'd be happy to go into detail if you want. Feel free to DM me.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized this is 3 years old! I am Half asleep HAHA