Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
AGENTS: Let's Talk CRMs - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
ModeratorPosted Jan 22 2021, 06:40

Agents!

What does your CRM have that you love? What does it do that drives you nuts?

If you were designing a CRM from scratch, what features would you have and what is worthless?

User Stats

Votes
Ben Scott
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Jan 26 2021, 06:55

My office used REW leads. I like that you can text and email from the CRM, especially email MLS listings. It can be difficult though to categorize the leads and set reminders.

User Stats

Votes
Tracy Morris
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Peoria, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Peoria, IL
Replied Jan 26 2021, 07:59

We just started using Follow Up Boss - love the built-in drip campaigns (just gotta learn how to use them).  I'd love for it to offer text drip campaigns! 

• Real Estate Agent

• 309-678-6648
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Chen
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Replied Jan 26 2021, 09:42

Let's face it, CRM's are as good as how we put them to use. I've used Zoho One and the CRM actually integrates well from mobile to desktop, with zapier you can connect to Mailchimp, Calendly, Facebook lead ads, ActiveCampaign, Unbounce, etc. One thing it lacked was integrating with my MLS Listings, and providing my active clients a seamless drip of new listings. Options was to use RealScout (so they are not sending me a Redfin or Zillow link).

Since joining Compass, we use Compass's own CRM which is fully connected to our local MLS, drip campaigns (integrated with gmail), google suite, calendly, pipeline management, client tours, comparable market analysis reports, marketing and more. Why pay more if your broker provides it?

User Stats

Votes
Johnny James
  • Real Estate Broker / Licensed Mortgage Broker
  • Palmdale, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker / Licensed Mortgage Broker
  • Palmdale, CA
Replied Jan 26 2021, 11:02

I have tried a few like insightly, liondesk, marketleader, and 3x5 index cards. Realtyjuggler for $180 a year works just fine and is easy to use.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Elliott
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Burlington, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Burlington, KY
Replied Jan 27 2021, 05:09

Is it better to use one of the services that offers a CRM as well as the IDX service for your website so that they can both talk to each other easier or is that just a waste of money?

User Stats

Votes
Brent Voepel
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jan 27 2021, 07:51

We use LionDesk. Definitely some pros and cons. Love the contact assigning, tags, and hotness levels and that it syncs with Gmail. Exporting contacts can be frustrating(you can't export by tags and you have to own the contact) and the emails are not design heavy if that is what you are wanting to do. 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Maciejewski
Agent
  • Realtor
  • PInellas County Largo, FL
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
Replied Jan 27 2021, 07:54
Originally posted by @Jill F.:
ok, could someone please indulge me and explain how CRM is used. I googled it and it said customer relationship manager. It's a software app? who uses it and for what purpose?

It is client relationship manager.  It can be anything from index cards in a box and a whiteboard on the wall to a $1,000+/month software system.  Some are free or low cost.  All sales professionals need one.  A lot of investors that handle a large amount of leads need one, as well.

Mine handles everything from reporting and planning to contact management, follow up systems, referral tracking, Transaction management from lead to negotiations to contract to close, designing marketing collateral, listing management, and is the back end for my app and website. 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Maciejewski
Agent
  • Realtor
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
Replied Jan 27 2021, 07:56
Originally posted by @Tracy Morris:

We just started using Follow Up Boss - love the built-in drip campaigns (just gotta learn how to use them).  I'd love for it to offer text drip campaigns! 

Look into Twilio and see if you can at least integrate it with Zapier.  I have agents in my office that use FUB, but  they don't interact much so I'm not sure!

User Stats

Votes
Mario Garcia
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Replied Jan 28 2021, 17:24

We have been using Podio for the last 5 years. We found Podio itself to be a little complicated so we hired Investorfuse to run our CRM for us. When its working its amazing. When it's not...well it's beyond frustrating. The Orange Box Project sends out anywhere from 1000 to 1500 offers a week. And when the system has to be reset our operation gets put on a hold for hours sometimes even a full day. I'd give Podio with Investorfuse a 7 out 10 stars. Has anyone here used REI Pro? I have heard some good things about it..

User Stats

Votes
Dominik Lehnert
  • Investor
  • Sweden
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sweden
Replied Jan 29 2021, 03:58

One interesting Real Estate CRM that I came across lately, that seems to be really powerful is: Brivity. Worth checking out if you're looking for a CRM as an agent or broker.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Goldberg
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jan 29 2021, 09:35

I am using Hubspot... it's a bit more than what I need... but it gets the job done! 

User Stats

Votes
Alanna Logan
  • Realtor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 30 2021, 20:39

I love everything about Compass, but they really added a gem with Compass' CRM! At Compass, they really care about helping their agents as much as possible so we can dedicate our time to catering best to our clients. Our CRM allows agents to organize clients into sub groups, and add specific detailed information so when we interact with them it always feels like a personalized experience! It allows agents to stay up to date by notifying us when we need to circle back so our clients so they feel most important. 

These are some of the various things I love about our CRM, but if you are an agent with Compass this MUST be your best friend :)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Lee Taylor
  • Investor
  • Jonesboro, AR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jonesboro, AR
Replied Feb 2 2021, 19:34

@Mindy Jensen I love Podio. It allows for a lot of custom automations. You can build it to your liking

User Stats

Votes
Muriel Hair
Pro Member
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Replied Feb 8 2021, 10:19

Has anyone used lions desk?  If yes i would love your feedback!

User Stats

Votes
Brock Mogensen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 8 2021, 18:08

I use HubSpot.  I love the email sequence feature and ability to segment lists.  Can't say I've fully explored all of the advanced capabilities it offers..yet.

User Stats

Votes
Marc Rice
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 9 2021, 05:26

@Mindy Jensen

FollowUpBoss

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Pflueger
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ben Lomond, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ben Lomond, CA
Replied Feb 9 2021, 08:26

@Mario Garcia

Anyone have any experience using InvestorFuse 3 (IF3), the one that is not linked to Podio? I have been doing a lot of research on CRM's and the one that appears to fit my needs best is IF3. IF3 is the most expensive of all the CRM's I have looked at, and I have looked at a lot of them, coming in a $250.00 a month - that's a large price tag.

User Stats

Votes
Mario Garcia
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego
Replied Feb 9 2021, 09:47

@jonathanpflueger 

I took the Demo with Investorfuse for their IF3 platform.  It looks decent I'm just concerned with their ability to keep it going long term.  We have constant problems with Investorfuse and what they call Podio's hooks.  We have to have our system reset one a month at this point.  It's really frustrating.   

User Stats

Votes
Mike Perry
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Replied Feb 10 2021, 13:14

KVCore is solid. It depends if you are needing your MLS feed for property searches. There are really great CRMs out there that are not necessarily tailored to residential real estate client management...but are far superior for managing massive amounts of customer / client data and your daily battle rhythm / calendar.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Perry
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • McAllen, TX
Replied Feb 10 2021, 13:15

KVCore is solid. It depends if you are needing your MLS feed for property searches. There are really great CRMs out there that are not necessarily tailored to residential real estate client management...but are far superior for managing massive amounts of customer / client data and your daily battle rhythm / calendar.