Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Agent
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Victor Olaniyi
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Best Broker for new agents ?

Victor Olaniyi
  • Real Estate Agent
Posted

Hi , im curious to hear everyones opinion on the best broker for new agents. Most important thing to me is learning about real estate and how to build wealth through real estate

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Just look for a shop that will teach you the basics of real estate contracts, offers, MLS navigation, and disclosures.

Everything else is on you. When you become an agent or loan officer, it's like starting your own business. You look for your clients, you market your services, and you are 100% responsible for your own wealth. You can learn from others but don't expect handouts. Most will want to take their piece of your pie and you have to be okay with that to learn. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied
Quote from @Victor Olaniyi:

Hi , im curious to hear everyones opinion on the best broker for new agents. Most important thing to me is learning about real estate and how to build wealth through real estate

Interview 4 or 5 if you can.  Maybe a couple of the big national brands and a couple of smaller independent ones.  Everyone will pretty much like where they are and will tell you to come there.  Kind of like if you are new to Chicago and ask your co-workers where to live, they all tell you their neighborhood, because that is what they know.

Three things I suggest:

1.  Ask to see their training room.  Everyone tells you they have training, but I think you can cut the slackers from the top by seeing where they train.  Real estate is a contact sport.  Go someplace with live in person training.  That is so much different than all online.

2.  Ask to see the training calendar.  No calendar, then you have to question how much and how serious they are about training.

3.  Ask how much the training costs.

Since you are here on BP, I always venture to say there are more investor agents at Keller Williams than any other brokerage. All types of investments...STR/MTR/LTR apartments, commercial, land, office buildings. We are often discussing wealth building. I think that is different than many brokerages.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Wolff
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Adding on to what Bruce was saying above, I have noticed a lot of good agents come out of Keller Williams and have always heard good things about their training. 

Training and mentorship should be the main drivers behind your choice. 

The One Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied

@Victor Olaniyi I would go to as many local meetups as possible so you can meet agents that are actively seeking business in the areas you want to purchase in. Agents that are in local meetups (or better yet are leading them) would be ones to get to know. 

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Lucia Rushton
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Replied

@Victor Olaniyi where are you located ?

User Stats

Votes
Victor Olaniyi
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied
Quote from @Lucia Rushton:

@Victor Olaniyi where are you located ?

New Jersey

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Better at first join a team: less money, more experience, but most importantly, practice your scripts. When you know what to respond to your clients and what to ask, and feel you know your real estate scenarios and can answer confidently, that’s when you start getting listings and buyer agencies signed. Good Luck! 

Again, good luck and you’ll do great. Just know your stuff. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Hill
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Midland Park, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Midland Park, NJ
Replied

Hey Victor,

I would recommend shopping around at a bunch of different brokerages and finding ones with the best split and broker for guidance. The brokerage I am at, New and Modern, is 100% commission brokerage with only a $100 monthly fee. You keep all of your commission unlike 99% of other brokerages. Our niche is sourcing off-market deals for developers we work with that buy them and build new construction on them. We then get to list the back-end new construction listing. Our office is in Clark, NJ, and we do a ton of new construction in Bergen and Hudson County. I would be happy to talk to you about it and help you get started sourcing off market deals if that's something you would be interested in.