Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Gilbert Gomez
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Votes |
escrow company that does double closings in Los angeles?

Gilbert Gomez
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Posted

i am looking for a escrow company that does double closings in the Los Angeles area. does anyone know of any? 

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied

Do you mean one that will use the end buyers funds for the initial purchase, so you don't have to have any money?  If you have funds for the first one, any of them will do a "double closing".

User Stats

Votes
Victor Argueta
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Replied

yes optima escrow in Torrance. You can ask for Danette. double closing as in a transaction that offers full transparency. Eg buyer knows he is purchasing a contract and seller knows and has signed an assignment clause. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Gilbert Gomez
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Replied
Originally posted by @Victor Argueta:

yes optima escrow in Torrance. You can ask for Danette. double closing as in a transaction that offers full transparency. Eg buyer knows he is purchasing a contract and seller knows and has signed an assignment clause. 

Double closing as in end buyer will not know my wholesale fee. Buyer will know I am selling a contract with rights to purchase the property and seller knows I can assign it to another investor or partner if I choose. Will they do this at optima escrow?

User Stats

Votes
Victor Argueta
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Replied

give her a call and ask her directly. She is very helpful. I as most investors dont mind paying the wholesale fee as long as the deal makes sense. Heck i would pay 50k in WF if it makes sense. So no need to worry about that. 

User Stats

Votes
Gilbert Gomez
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • La habra heights, CA
Replied
Originally posted by @Victor Argueta:

give her a call and ask her directly. She is very helpful. I as most investors dont mind paying the wholesale fee as long as the deal makes sense. Heck i would pay 50k in WF if it makes sense. So no need to worry about that. 

Thanks appreciate it. Are u a cash buyer ? 

User Stats

Votes
Victor Argueta
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Torrance, CA
Replied

yes. when you speak to Danatte, she can verify how many units I purchase a month. 

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer A.
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

hi @GilbertGomez I've been calling around and the escrow offices which I have reached out to do have the double closing options but it is transparent, meaning that the buyer will know that I will be using his/her funds to blanket my whole transaction. That doesn't really help as I need a company that will not be transparent. Have you had any luck?

Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

@Jennifer A.

I am not 100% sure, but the transparency may be a regulation in CA.  

I know escrow companies that do double escrow, ab and bc closing, but the transactions have to be independently funded.  Meaning, they won't allow you to cover ab with funds from C, but if you find what you are looking for, let me know :)

Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

@Victor Argueta  Hi Victor!  Can you message me their contact info?  When I went to their website, there was really no info.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
David Cowan
  • Investor
  • Twinsburg, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Twinsburg, OH
Replied

You do't need to hide anything from investor buyer. Personally, I would be very suspicious of anybody who is looking for non-transparency. Be honest with your buyers and sellers. There are a lot of so-called "gurus" out there who teach this idea that you need to hide things. They are scammers. The only time you need to hide your transaction is if you are buying from a bank..or from HUD...if it is a homeowner, they should know that you plan to sell your deal. If they agree to the deal, but you suspect they may still have a problem with you making money on the deal, then that's a different story. Just make sure the cost of the double close doesn't severely cut into your profit.