Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
House Hacking

User Stats

Votes
Joey Navarro
Pro Member
Votes |
House Hacking in Columbus, Ohio

Joey Navarro
Pro Member
Posted Aug 9 2024, 00:26

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! I'm intrigued by the concept of serial house hacking and feel like it's a solid strategy for accumulating investment properties. I live in Las Vegas, NV currently but see better opportunities for multi-housing investing in midwestern cities. I'm particularly drawn to Columbus, Ohio.

I would love to connect with an investor-friendly real estate agent in Ohio to help guide me through the journey. I'm also open to other markets as well. I work remote so really can live anywhere. Just want to go where I'll have the most success house hacking. Thanks for your time! 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 06:10
Quote from @Joey Navarro:

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! I'm intrigued by the concept of serial house hacking and feel like it's a solid strategy for accumulating investment properties. I live in Las Vegas, NV currently but see better opportunities for multi-housing investing in midwestern cities. I'm particularly drawn to Columbus, Ohio.

I would love to connect with an investor-friendly real estate agent in Ohio to help guide me through the journey. I'm also open to other markets as well. I work remote so really can live anywhere. Just want to go where I'll have the most success house hacking. Thanks for your time! 

Welcome to BP! I started house hacking in 2017. I would be happy to connect with you

User Stats

Votes
Austin McClain
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Replied Aug 9 2024, 07:24

I'm a fan of housing hacking too. I'm moving into a new house hack duplex in Gahanna this weekend - the strategy has helped me scale. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony L Amos Jr
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 08:25

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

This is a great strategy to quickly build up cash flow to supplement your income. I just helped an investor house hack here in Columbus. He's living in one side and the other side is doing great as a short term rental. Happy to connect! 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Paolucci
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, Oh
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, Oh
Replied Aug 9 2024, 08:51

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

I feel like I'm in a good place  to finally pull the trigger and invest in my first multi-family property. I plan to house hack for my first  investment property and most likely do the same for my 2nd, 3rd, property as well! 

Great strategy! I'm house hacking a duplex in Hilliard currently. Excellent way to break into investing and scale your portfolio. I'm originally from San Francisco, CA so happy to help & be a resource for you. Good luck with your journey! 

User Stats

Votes
Kerlous Tadres
Pro Member
#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 09:07

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hey Larry, 
I just got a house-hack in Columbus back in March and it's going great! Let me know if there is anyway I can help

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied Aug 9 2024, 09:12

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hey Joey, that's a nice plan. I'd be happy to connect with you.

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Diouf#1 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Samuel Diouf#1 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 09:23

I love house hacking in Columbus because you can get into the higher priced areas and leverage your money very effectively. 

Returns on cash invested will be huge when you factor in the appreciation gains. You can double your money in one year if your property appreciates only 5%. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 10:39

@Joey Navarro
Columbus is a great place to get started house hacking in

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
#5 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#5 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2024, 12:48

Howdy BiggerPockets Fam, 

Hi Joey, welcome to the BiggerPockets community! I started with house hacking myself when I moved from Portland OR to Columbus OH. I also helped some of my clients do the same. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.