Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Market Trends & Data
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Looking to start a portfolio for Cashflow. Has anyone invested in Watertown NY ?

Abhishek Sharma
Posted

Has anyone here invested in Watertown NY ? Looking to start a cashflow portfolio with multi-tenant properties.

Please feel free to suggest other places too. Curious about Watertown NY

User Stats

Votes
Joseph R. Smith
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carthage, NY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carthage, NY
Replied

Yes. The appreciation rate is far above national average and consistent for buy and hold. Especially with the microchip plants moving into Central New York State. I'm an organizer for the real estate investors meetup group in this area. https://www.meetup.com/north-country-real-estate-investing-c...

User Stats

Votes
Kiernan LaFaver
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied

Same kind of deal in the Syracuse area as well, about an hour-ish south! Watertown is most known for Fort Drum, a military base that the city is largely built around. With there being a base there, there is always a good amount of tenant turnover from contract workers stationed there. I agree with Joe, I do think that micron will be felt in the Watertown area as well, maybe not quite to the extent that the greater Syracuse area will but still. I’m not as familiar with the tenant market up that way, but if you’re interested in the Syracuse area, multi families are endless possibilities! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes