Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Loiodice
Votes |
Rent to retirement review

Anthony Loiodice
Posted

I finally made the big decision in purchasing my first rental property. I heard about rent to retirement from the bigger pockets podcasts. After a few weeks of crunching numbers and contemplating scheduling a call, I finally did it and it was great move. I spoke with Zack Lemaster and he was a pleasure to speak with. He was very knowledgeable and answered every question that I had. The process was easy and so smooth to go through. Had multiple mortgage companies that he recommended if needed, options for starting up an LLC, property management options. Zach was always answered questions by email if needed or is easily able to reach by scheduling phone calls on the site. Tamara also helped greatly with a weekly phone call throughout the mortgage process. All in all was a great experience and helped get the ball rolling with portfolio. Looking forward to doing business with Zach and Rent To Retirement again shortly. Definitely recommend reaching out and having a chat with them.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi Anthony, did you use a local agent to help with the purchase? I am considering this option myself but since I will not be traveling due to covid to be able to see the property or scope the area I was wondering if you relied completely on renttoretirement or had an agent to help with the contract, contingencies, and overall knowledge of the area. 

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lemaster
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Replied

@Anthony Loiodice

Wow, thank you for such an awesome review Sir!  We really appreciate the very kind feedback!  As you've seen firsthand, we very much strive to ensure we spend the time with all of our investors to create an overall business plan & investment strategy to build a long term, sustainable portfolio.  We look forward to working with you in the future to expand your portfolio & scale over time.  That is the name of the game to build substantial passive income!

@Chris Plute

If you have any questions.  Please don't hesitate to reach out directly.  We are always happy to schedule a site visit to familiarize yourself with the location & local team.  I think what you will find is that we provide extensive information about the market as a whole, the specific neighborhood demographics, scope of work entailing what was rehabbed on each property in addition to having your own 3rd party inspection & appraisal required by the lender.  With all of this due diligence I think you will feel very educated about any investment you make with us, and about the property & specific location we collectively decide is most compatible with your goals/criteria.  We look forward to hopefully connecting with you in the near future to discuss your investment goals, and explain all of our business operations!  Please reach out at any point to schedule an initial consultation! 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Lundgren
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied

@Anthony Loiodice

It's great to hear you were able to get your first rental property, first one is usually tough emotionally.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Schweizer
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied

@Anthony Loiodice

I have recently (back in August) made the decision to buy my first investment as well. I found RentToRetirement through the BP podcast as well and I had an outstanding experience through the whole process. From an introductory phone call all the way through to closing. Zach and his team are extremely professional and really gave me the support and confidence I needed to make my first investment purchase (see linked post for my property). It is no surprise to me that you had the same exact experience, but still very nice to hear! 

I wish you continued success on your investing journey!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

User Stats

Votes
Sam Haack
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jackson Hole, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jackson Hole, WY
Replied

Anthony,

This is awesome to hear! I just joined up with Rent to Retirement contributing educational videos and other media tools to help our investors learn about real estate before, during, and after, their first investment. There is no limit to how much you can learn about real estate! The more you learn, the more knowledge and confidence you'll gain which will make each deal easier and easier to do! I will also be investing in the Rent to Retirement inventory long distance as I live in a very expensive market and returns are higher in the RTR markets they've picked out. You can be sure we believe in the product we are selling because we drink our own koolaid!

Looking forward to watching your portfolio grow! Best of luck my man!

Sam

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Committing to your first rental property is definitely exciting, but can be a stressful process. It is so valuable to hear you had a positive experience! Rent To Retirement always endeavors to put the investor's experience at the top priority. As your portfolio expands into a sustainable, long-term investment, we will make sure it remains as easy and smooth as your first rental property. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Crunkilton
  • Oregon City, OR
Votes |
  • Oregon City, OR
Replied

@Anthony Loiodice

That's great to hear! I worked with Zach as well on my first rental. Their team is top notch and gave me a great experience. Zach has also been a good mentor in getting my wholesaling business off the ground. 

User Stats

Votes
Mirasol Aninon
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Replied

Congratulations on taking action! Glad to hear you had a great experience with Rent to Retirement.

User Stats

Votes
Jovy Abarrientos
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied

Awesome! It sounds like you’re off to a wonderful start.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

That is very interesting! Best of luck to you.

User Stats

Votes
Katie Cruz
  • Dayton, OH
Votes |
  • Dayton, OH
Replied

@Anthony Loiodice

Thanks for sharing. Way to go, Anthony!

User Stats

Votes
      Anthony Loiodice
      Votes |
      Replied
      Originally posted by @Chris Plute:

Hi Anthony, did you use a local agent to help with the purchase? I am considering this option myself but since I will not be traveling due to covid to be able to see the property or scope the area I was wondering if you relied completely on renttoretirement or had an agent to help with the contract, contingencies, and overall knowledge of the area. 

Hi Chris, 

I did not use a local real estate agent, I relied completely on rent to retirement, bigger pockets calculators, and did my own research with 3rd party websites. I did hire a 3rd party inspector. I definitely recommend  working with Zach, he walked to through the whole process and it was extremely easy and painless. All his numbers were spot. 

BiggerPockets logo
      BiggerPockets
      |
      Sponsored
      Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
      Replied

@Anthony Loiodice thank you for sharing . I have been looking into companies to assist me with a long distance real estate properties. This is so help for me to look further into this company.