Alpine Property Management of Kansas City

Alpine Property Management of Kansas City

Investor · Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 22 votes
My review of Alpine Kansas City Property Management. Owners Marcus and Cara Painter. Alpine managed 4 properties I owned. This business relationship ended in disaster. According to Alpine's own records, Alpine failed to properly winterize a two story duplex I owned. They state that the contractor was at fault and they also state that the city's water shut-off valve was faulty. They state that the contractor could not shut off the water to the duplex. Well, the upstairs toilet froze and busted. Water penetrated the lower unit for days and days. Alpine discovered the incident. They replaced the toilet free of charge. They ripped out some (not all) of the sheet rock. They allowed this unit to set in a wet state for weeks and allowed mold to grow. They did nothing to mitigate the mold growth. The mold was actually going through the Sheetrock. They told me they were going to take care of this matter and this house was also listed for sale on the MLS by Cara. I only discovered the severity of the situation when I payed a surprise visit to this property, the Painters actually told me they had interested buyers haha. Mold everywhere. Gaping holes in some of the Sheetrock. The front door was so swollen from water damage that it couldn't be closed. Over 15k in damages. Alpine did nothing to make me whole. They didn't repair anything. They didn't compensate me financially. I've been back and forth with the BBB and the Missouri Attorney General. Nothing. Alpine blames the city for a faulty shut offer valve. If the valve wasn't working, they should've dug a hole and put in a private shut off valve. But no, they left my vacant unit unwinterized in the dead of winter. The heaters were off, no antifreeze present in any pipes. Then Alpine states that they couldn't make the repairs because I fired them and they couldn't gain access to the unit. Long story short, the unit was under their management and they destroyed it. I get it, mistakes happen. But they pointed the finger at everyone but themselves and did nothing to make me whole. Excuses and lies!!! They'll say anything to protect their reputation. It's the city, it's the contractor, the owner denied us access. Just make it right!!! You had ample time. I've got their emails, photos, 3rd party abatement teams. All the proof. I had several other issues with them as well. Poor craftsmanship on repairs, numerous clerical errors, employee turnovers, I'll never get one penny for their mistakes but I want other people to know how these people do business. Do your own research if you plan to do business with these people.
6Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
8y

Clarifying to other Alpine customers that I no longer affiliate with the Painters.  Mr Fike wasn't my client... 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the heads up and very sorry to this happened to you. 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y

    Clarifying to other Alpine customers that I no longer affiliate with the Painters.  Mr Fike wasn't my client... 

  • NV · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Jason Fikewhomis your new pm?
  • Investor · Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Jonathan A. Pat Grace. KC Commercial and Residential. So far I've been pleased with their services. I'm still dealing with the aftermath of Alpine. Recently a roof repair they "fixed" was leaking and an electrical "repair" they made had to be redone. 

    @Aaron Adams I don't know you and my comments do not reflect upon you!

  • NV · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Jason FikeThanks Jason. Do you have any recommendation for contractors, HVAC system, plumbing, framers, roofer, etc.? All those subcons?

  • Investor · Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 22 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan A.:

    @Jason FikeThanks Jason. Do you have any recommendation for contractors, HVAC system, plumbing, framers, roofer, etc.? All those subcons?

     No. PM handles that.

  • Investor · Lees Summit, MO · Member since 2018 · 74 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    Hello, I just came across this thread.  Are you still happy with KC Commercial and Residential? 

    I am looking for PM options in Kansas City Metro for my clients.

  • Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    I'll second avoiding Alpine. Here are my complaints: 

    1)They have yet to provide monthly statements for periods ending 10/23/19 and beyond. (agreement states this will be done within 20 days after the end of each calendar month. (I requested them on December 4th and 21st) 

    2) They did not withhold final water bill balance from tenant's security deposit. 

    3) I was not informed of the tenant’s September 19th 2019 notice to vacate until November 5th 2019, which (coincidentally?) was after the deadline that would have allowed me to cancel the management agreement without a $500 penalty. 

    Finally, while I acknowledge that it isn't a PM's responsibility to rehab at the lowest possible cost, I feel that they lean too far in the opposite direction. For example, I arranged a house and yard cleanout from a third party for $900, after Alpine had quoted me $1,550.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.