Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Launch Your Leads Scam

Tonya English
Posted

I’m considering hiring an attorney for a class action suit against the scammers from Launch Your Leads that take thousands of dollars and then you never hear from them. Their previous company Amplify My Business has the same horrible reviews and scam so they closed down and started the new scam called Launch Your Leads managed by Matt and Tom Mclleland. If anyone else here has been duped by these scammers, please reply.

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Chad Runken:

Iwe were scammed as well..

we are looking for lawyers now..

Yeah, I thought they had some morals or was just unable to produce outcomes for my business, but seems like it’s just a money grab and the amount now is 3 times as much as a few years ago. I would not spend one penny. Talked to some Utah lawyers as well, but probably need to make it a class action suit.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Tonya English:

He is currently providing direct attention to our issue of finding and closing deals. Tom has been very responsive to our concerns. We are starting from scratch on this business relationship and hopefully this will go as promised. I will keep you posted on any future developments.”

He told us the same thing...

he had health problems... 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied

It’s sad because I fell for all the lies. There has to be a better way to weed out scammers on this platform. Some people have $35,000 to throw around, but I definitely can’t afford to waste money like that. I guess I it was another real estate learning experience.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

I spoke with them about their VIP program out of curiosity. They claim they do all of the marketing, connect with the leads, negotiate the deal, and close it. After closing they split profits 50/50 with you. The cost of the program is 35K upfront and then approximately $3500/mo for all marketing. They guarantee 200K in revenue per year. I ultimately did not do it but I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried that program or knows of anyone who did. 

if you believe this is a common outcome I have a bridge to sell you.

User Stats

Votes
Tonya English
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

I spoke with them about their VIP program out of curiosity. They claim they do all of the marketing, connect with the leads, negotiate the deal, and close it. After closing they split profits 50/50 with you. The cost of the program is 35K upfront and then approximately $3500/mo for all marketing. They guarantee 200K in revenue per year. I ultimately did not do it but I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried that program or knows of anyone who did. 

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Irish-Jones
Property Manager
Agent
#5 Buying & Selling Real Estate Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
#5 Buying & Selling Real Estate Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo, NY
Replied
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

Unfortunately, the only guarantee in this business, or any business really, is there are no guarantees of outcomes... ever. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Matthew Irish-Jones:
Quote from @Kevin Mohr:

Unfortunately, the only guarantee in this business, or any business really, is there are no guarantees of outcomes... ever. 

well if this was remotely true I would pay the 35k and sit back let them do all the work and make my 200k a year.  

User Stats

Votes
Bill B.#3 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied

No @Jay Hinrichs. You didn’t read the fine print. You’d have to pay $35,00 PLUS $3,500/mo (That’s ANOTHER $42k!) To make that $200k. :-)

I guess if that $35k was a once and done it wouldn’t be too bad to send them $3,500/mo while they send you a check for $16,666/mo. I wonder if they’d be willing to just send me a check for $13k/mo? Or maybe have them finance the $35k as well and just start sending me checks for $10k/mo right away?

Can I sign up more than once?

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Bill B.:

No @Jay Hinrichs. You didn’t read the fine print. You’d have to pay $35,00 PLUS $3,500/mo (That’s ANOTHER $42k!) To make that $200k. :-)

I guess if that $35k was a once and done it wouldn’t be too bad to send them $3,500/mo while they send you a check for $16,666/mo. I wonder if they’d be willing to just send me a check for $13k/mo? Or maybe have them finance the $35k as well and just start sending me checks for $10k/mo right away?

Can I sign up more than once?

ya missed that part..  Geesh..  I look at all I do for clients for free..  I fund their deals 100% they make money I charge nothing up front I only make money when they make money we get paid the same day off of the HUDs.. And very few take me up on it.. Well I guess because it does require real work they have to actually find the deals coordinate the rehab and get them sold.. I think so many folks maybe are looking at these deals like its passive investing etc.
I suspect the company made a few million maybe many millions I suspect very few if any who spent the money made 200k net in a year.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hello, I noticed this post from about 9 months ago. Are there any updates here from people who have actually had success with this? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Tonya English, did you ever file the lawsuit?