Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sunny S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
Mid South Home Buyers - Looking for reviews

Sunny S.
  • Bentonville, AR
Posted

Iam looking for a good turn key property management company. A friend introduced me to Mid South Home Buyers. I would like to know reviews from people who have invested in turn key properties with them.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Jenni Smith
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

Hi @Sunny S. turn key properties are always the way to go in the Memphis market. I would definitely love to connect further to answer anything other questions you have more in depth. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Evans
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

Hey @Sunny S. I would be happy to hop on the phone with you and discuss Memphis. I can also give you a great recommendation for a PM company! 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew M.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New York City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New York City
Replied

Alex, I’m looking for a great PM company in Memphis. Please share your recommendation.

Thank you. 

User Stats

Votes
David Hutson
  • Bartlett, TN
Votes |
  • Bartlett, TN
Replied

There are several good PM companies in town but Mid South doesn't take on other properties.  As a turnkey company they have a true production line to rehab their homes.  They don't want to add other homes that are to the same standard or material.  You can search for my past comments on them over the past nine years.  

You should check out Advantage Property Management.  Talk to Ashley as she is the owner.  That's where my non Mid South properties are managed.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Within my family we have 4 properties purchase through Mid South. Has NOT been a great experience. I can elaborate if you're still wanting details.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Terry Kiel:
Within my family we have 4 properties purchase through Mid South. Has NOT been a great experience. I can elaborate if you're still wanting details.

Terry, what has not gone well with Mid South?

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Sorry! I just now saw your post.

Basically we just hit our 2 year mark of our first investment with MidSouth and we have had 3 turnovers including 2 evictions. Again we have 4 properties so it isn't all on one or two houses, but NOT AT ALL the experience they are selling. After we made ourselves the VERY squeaky wheel for the last 6-8 months, they made a substantial financial effort to get us back on track. They didn't have to, so that is a credit to them, but even so we are not likely to purchase any more properties from them. Our properties are all in Memphis, so Little Rock could be a different experience, I can't speak to that. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try to respond in less than 3 weeks this time!

User Stats

Votes
Taz Zettergren
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied

@Terry Kiel Hate to hear you've had a bad experience investing in Memphis thus far but don't hold it against the whole market. I understand everything is situational based and it could be several different factors but it likely has something to do with the area you're investing in. 

@Sunny S. Premier Property Management is a viable option. They won't manage any and every property so it'll depend on the condition and where it's located. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Best of luck to both of you investing! 

User Stats

Votes
Cj Powderhorn
  • Investor
  • Utah
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Utah
Replied

I've been investing in the Memphis area since 2005.  MSHB is ALWAYS my first choice. I find it really shocking that you've had such a bad experience, Terry!  I actually am only looking at resales that are currently managed by MSHB b/c I have not found another PM company that comes close to meeting MSHB.I've had one tenant for 12 years, I feel like at MSHB they different areas (maintenance, current leasing, tenant retentation, etc) really talk.
I'm currently dealing with a nightmare with another PM company. The lack of communication between the different departments has cost me thousands of dollars.

Good luck with wherever you end up and whichever company you choose!

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Hi Cj!
I don't do the best job of watching and I missed your post until now... I might actually be looking to sell one of our MSHB properties here in a few months. If you might be interested it would obviously be awesome to connect without realtors and whatnot. Let me know what you think!

-Terry

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I've had an awful experience with them. Three tenants in three years with two evictions (the second absolutely destroyed the home), and now the third tenant caused a house fire. I'm in 38114, which may be the problem, but I will never buy another house from them. 

If everything is going well, they're great. But the second there are issues, it's damn near impossible to get information/assistance from them.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Trey Perdue:

I've had an awful experience with them. Three tenants in three years with two evictions (the second absolutely destroyed the home), and now the third tenant caused a house fire. I'm in 38114, which may be the problem, but I will never buy another house from them. 

If everything is going well, they're great. But the second there are issues, it's damn near impossible to get information/assistance from them.

Funny, I have 1 in 38127 and thought I head heard that was the worst area...almost like the problem isn't the zip code!
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Fleming
  • Investor
  • Rancho Cucamonga CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rancho Cucamonga CA
Replied
Quote from @Terry Kiel:
Hi Cj!
I don't do the best job of watching and I missed your post until now... I might actually be looking to sell one of our MSHB properties here in a few months. If you might be interested it would obviously be awesome to connect without realtors and whatnot. Let me know what you think!

-Terry

Hi Terry

Why are you looking to sell one of yours? 

john