Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Carol D.
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Investing with ARRIVED HOMES

Carol D.
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted

Is anyone on BP investing with Arrived Homes?

If so, what has your experience been?  pros?  cons?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Carol D.
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied

I also came across LANDA... better than Arrived Homes?  Same?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Berry
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Replied

I have been investing with Arrived Homes since their inception (September, 2021). I just made my fourth investment with them this morning. 

So far I am very happy with them. My first investment was $500 on a home in Charlotte, NC. Arrived distributes the rental income quarterly. So far I have received $25.50 in income for that property. They estimate my share of the property to currently be worth $657.50. 

Pros:
1. Low initial investment amount ($100 is the minimum purchase)
2. High cash-on-cash return
3. Truly passive income - you make your investment and they handle the rest
4. The company only buys nice, newer homes
5. Easy to diversify
6. Good way to test the waters of an area to purchase homes in before committing to buying property there on your own

Cons:
1. New company with no real track record
2. No control over the investment - they decide when to sell the property. They say their plan is to hold the properties for 5-7 years
3. Currently there is no way to cash out of your investment early. So your cash is locked up until they decide to sell the property
4. Inventory seems to sell pretty fast. So if you find a home you want to invest in, you have to jump on it before it's gone

I plan on continuing to invest with them. I'm essentially investing in one house per quarter. I might double that in 2023. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied

@Brian Berry

how's this going so far?  do you have other RE investments?

won't newer nicer homes have low cash flow?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Berry
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Replied

No complaints so far. It will take time to see what the end results are. Since I posted, I purchased shares in another property (this one is a STR in Nashville, TN). The first property I invested in yielded a 5% return just on the rental payments (which are distributed quarterly). That property has now increased in value by 40.5% (according to Arrived), and they say my $500 investment in that property is now worth $702.50. But until they sell the home and disperse the funds, it's all just hypothetical. Three of other four homes are making just over 3% on rental payments (3.6% on two of them, 3.2% on the other. The STR will pay out the first rental payment in January, so I have no idea how that one is performing. None of the four newer properties have had valuation updates yet (Arrived has valuations done every 6 months).

Newer homes should have lower CapEx expenses, which helps with with cashflow. And Arrived is purchasing homes that they expect to appreciate, which is where the big ROI should come from.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied

@Carol D.

They are a regulation a+ offering so they will be required to report bi annually the financials to the SEC and you can see financial strength of the company.

Just remember most companies may issue distributions but are not profitable the first few years due to high startup costs for a company

User Stats

Votes
Easton G.
  • Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied

Hello, 

I made my first investment a couple weeks ago. Nothing to report beyond the ease of purchase. Really curious how/if to use arrived to supplement my investing strategy. 

User Stats

Votes
Margie Kohlhaas
  • Algona, IA
Votes |
  • Algona, IA
Replied

@Brian Berry - How does this work @ Tax time? Is it just like reporting stocks or is it a headache for your accountant to track these investments?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Berry
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Replied
Quote from @Margie Kohlhaas:

@Brian Berry - How does this work @ Tax time? Is it just like reporting stocks or is it a headache for your accountant to track these investments?

It's easy. They provide a 1099-DIV. 

User Stats

Votes
Ti'Keya Williams
  • Investor
  • District Heights, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • District Heights, MD
Replied

Hi! How are things going? I’m researching companies now.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Berry
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Replied
Quote from @Ti'Keya Williams:

Hi! How are things going? I’m researching companies now.

I currently have invested in 6 homes, 4 LTR and 2 STR. By their calculations, I am averaging 3.5% per year from rental income for the entire portfolio. One of the LTR units had a tenant who wasn't paying, so they had to go through the eviction process.

Appreciation (based on their calculations) is mixed:

Unit 1 (LTR) - 36% increase (owned for 29 months). Location: Charlotte, NC
Unit 2 (LTR) - 1.1% increase (owned for 21 months). Location: Clarksville, TN
Unit 3 (LTR) - 7.5% decrease (owned for 20 months). Location: Nashville, TN
Unit 4 (LTR) - 6.5% decrease (owned for 19 months). Location: Atlanta, GA
Unit 5 (STR) - 10% decrease (owned for 18 months). Location: Nashville, TN
Unit 6 (STR) -  Awaiting valuation (owned for 9 months). Location: Catskill Mountains

I've paused on investing through them for now, mostly because I have other investments that are doing so much better, although the appreciation on the Charlotte property is pretty impressive. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied

@Brian Berry

thanks!!!  appreciate the transparency.  would you mind sharing roughly how much you have invested with them?  4 figures?  5?

do they hold forever?  can a sale be forced?  how does that work?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Berry
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Seattle
Replied

Not much - just over $3k. Their plan is to sell each property around the 5 year mark. There was talk of eventually allowing investors to independently sell their shares, but I haven't heard anything about that lately.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied

@Brian Berry

OK. thanks again. interesting model

User Stats

Votes
Ti'Keya Williams
  • Investor
  • District Heights, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • District Heights, MD
Replied

Hi!

Thanks Brian for sharing! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Brian Berry:

I have been investing with Arrived Homes since their inception (September, 2021). I just made my fourth investment with them this morning. 

So far I am very happy with them. My first investment was $500 on a home in Charlotte, NC. Arrived distributes the rental income quarterly. So far I have received $25.50 in income for that property. They estimate my share of the property to currently be worth $657.50. 

Pros:
1. Low initial investment amount ($100 is the minimum purchase)
2. High cash-on-cash return
3. Truly passive income - you make your investment and they handle the rest
4. The company only buys nice, newer homes
5. Easy to diversify
6. Good way to test the waters of an area to purchase homes in before committing to buying property there on your own

Cons:
1. New company with no real track record
2. No control over the investment - they decide when to sell the property. They say their plan is to hold the properties for 5-7 years
3. Currently there is no way to cash out of your investment early. So your cash is locked up until they decide to sell the property
4. Inventory seems to sell pretty fast. So if you find a home you want to invest in, you have to jump on it before it's gone

I plan on continuing to invest with them. I'm essentially investing in one house per quarter. I might double that in 2023. 

I like your pro #6 comment of using arrived to explore a new market, as I was thinking the same thing. How long did it take after investing to test out a market?

Now that we're in 2024, did you double your investment in 2023 like you mentioned? What have your CAC returns looked like the last couple of years? Very cool you have invested since they started! Thank you so much for your thoughts! Super helpful :)