Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Managing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany Perry
Votes |
Serving notice to quit

Tiffany Perry
Posted

I have to serve my tenant with a 10 day notice to quit for a property in Indianapolis. I was reading the eviction statutes and it seems that I have to hand deliver the notice to the tenant or post it on the property. I'm not local to the area at this time so I can't serve the notice. Do you have recommendations for low cost options to post a 10 day notice on the property? Thank you. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied
Quote from @Tiffany Perry:

I have to serve my tenant with a 10 day notice to quit for a property in Indianapolis. I was reading the eviction statutes and it seems that I have to hand deliver the notice to the tenant or post it on the property. I'm not local to the area at this time so I can't serve the notice. Do you have recommendations for low cost options to post a 10 day notice on the property? Thank you. 

You can search for a service processor. They will deliver notices by hand or post them on the property. However, you may also be required to send it by certified mail. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/the-eviction-process...

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Replied

You can call a real estate agent or PM and ask them to do it for $50 - $100. I hear a lot of people use agents.

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
Baselane is the Ultimate All-In-One Banking Platform for REI Built with integrated rent collection & bookkeeping to save time so you can grow your RE business.

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied
Quote from @Tiffany Perry:

Ive done this several times for OUT of state investors....let me know and i can help

User Stats

Votes
Henry T.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied

You can probably have a friend do it, and have him sign a letter attesting. You can probably also hire a Sheriff to deliver it but $$$. Hire a service processor $$. Read your local requirements.  Don't waste time and do it properly, and don't worry about pennies when it can drag into the thousands. Do it right.