Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Managing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mike A.
Votes |
Problem with new tenant (Yonkers)

Mike A.
Posted

Interesting and puzzling problem with a brand new tenant. She had an agent, who's now avoiding my calls, and applied for one of my apartments. Income passed, verified her income with the employer, no issues. Credit was okay for the area, etc. She's now two weeks late and I've already served her the 14 day notice. First she said her pay check was late, and then the next week, I said what happened? She said she still hasn't gotten paid, the are in a new system; but she acknowledged receipt of the 14 day notice (as required ny NYS). I am about to have my lawyer file the paperwork in court the evict her. She said she was going to pay part of the rent, then she stopped taking my calls and now is silent. The kicker is, she's not even completely moved in yet. Any suggestions on a tenant like this? It's bewildering as she checked all the boxes and no issues. I sent her one final text to pay or leave on her own; again, no response.

Loading replies...