Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Marketing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Need Envelope/Letter service

Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Nov 10 2008, 12:02

So I realized that stuffing my own envelopes is far too time consuming. I'm looking for a service to print/stuff/mail my yellow letters. Can anyone recommend one?

The only ones that I've found are $1.00+. I'm trying to get it done for $0.75. Is it possible?

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Nov 14 2008, 23:25

What about paying an assistant to help? Seems like it would cost far less to hire someone to do the work than to pay $1.00 per item.

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Nov 14 2008, 23:35

This service can be done at fullfillment companies, bindery service companies and some printing companies have the equipment. The costs vary depending on the quantity. The more you do, the cheaper per item.
I know this as it was my business for over 10 years in the printing industry. I owned and operated a printing company, but outsourced this service as I did not have the equipment for stuffing env.s.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Nov 14 2008, 23:38

Also, Josh makes a valid point, assuming your quantity is small (less than 2,500), as you can pay some teenagers to stuff them for you. Cost of $8 an hour or so per person can stuff approx. 300 env. per hour. $8 per 300 = .026 each.

User Stats

Votes
Amy L.
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Nov 15 2008, 10:35

Do the fulfillment companies do the mailings as well as printing and stuffing?

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 15 2008, 23:41
Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
What about paying an assistant to help? Seems like it would cost far less to hire someone to do the work than to pay $1.00 per item.

Josh, I'm actually on the verge of paying someone, but I figured I'd post and see if there are any services that are reasonably priced. $1/letter is too high for me. $0.75 is probably doable.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Nov 16 2008, 02:04

I currently pay $1.04 per greeting card. They will print, address, stuff, stamp and mail. I use to have someone to do the yellow letter thing and I paid .65 for hand address, envelope, stamp and stuff.

I had to provide the copy and get it folded which I had that done at staples.

Now I just do all of my mailing with a point and click.

User Stats

Votes
Lafi S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North Jersey, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North Jersey, NJ
Replied Nov 16 2008, 02:17

click2mail.com

Lafi A Siyam

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 16 2008, 02:29

Lafi, I was checking out click2mail, but it's a bit confusing. How much are you paying with them?

Jonathan, what service are you using?

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Nov 16 2008, 03:27

Click2mail has a great mail merge feature for post cards. I can send a white post card for .31 per copy. It does take a learning curve.

The service I use is also a service I sell. So I am a bit....shall say predjudice here. But the service is called Send Out Cards. I am an indpendent Rep for the company. I am not trying to push it here but it is a good service. I have had all kinds of services using direct mail. Some good and some bad. There is also a company called Sales Team Live that I was using for awhile. But I did not like the fees that they were charging. Even though it is in line for industry standard.

The link that is in my signature will take you to the service. You can try it out for free as long as you have speakers on your computer.

User Stats

Votes
Lafi S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North Jersey, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North Jersey, NJ
Replied Nov 17 2008, 02:21

I believe it was you Jonathon that referred me to that site. I've only just started using it but I spent around $450-500 for about 1,000 1 page letters stuffed in an envelope. I put my own address there to check it out and I was very impressed. I will be using them again!

I recomend the site to you Dan because I think we are essentially sending out the same type of mailer and it definately cost me less than $1 a letter.

Lafi A Siyam

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Nov 17 2008, 02:56

Lafi,

I used the letter click2mail but the only problem I had with it as it looked like a BILL. That is my only downside. But the neat thing about marketing, is that it always changes.

I am switching my stuff to total use of greeting cards over time. I tend to get a better response. But I think it is more of the list that I mail to.

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Painter
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Nov 17 2008, 03:13

We have a few Jr. High/High School kids that stuff and stamp envelopes for us.

We make it as fun as we can for them. We usually have pizza and a contest to keep their interest. It also puts a little coin in their pocket for video games and MP3 downloads!

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 17 2008, 03:21
Originally posted by Harrison Painter:
We have a few Jr. High/High School kids that stuff and stamp envelopes for us.

We make it as fun as we can for them. We usually have pizza and a contest to keep their interest. It also puts a little coin in their pocket for video games and MP3 downloads!

I like that idea. Maybe I can contact the high school clubs here in the area, like the FBLA (future biz leaders of america) to see if they are interested!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Nov 17 2008, 03:22

Harrison,

Today I would have been more than happy to pay someone to stuff fold and stamp and seal. I did 193 packages today.

Envelopes where 9x12 and I had 3 pieces to include a two page letter and a 11x17 site plan that went out to all the brokers in my area.

I was thinking man it would be nice if some kid came along to do this :)

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Painter
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Nov 17 2008, 03:29

It is my farm team of future investors and business owners! :D

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Nov 17 2008, 03:57

Or at least bird dogs!

User Stats

Votes
Rosie Nieto
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 17 2008, 05:53

For postcards I use click2mail.

For yellow letters:
I had a local printing company print my yellow letters on actual yellow legal pads for about 1000 copies - plus print my envelopes in my own handwritting and I was charged about 75 bucks believe it or not!

Then I have my 13 year old nephew stuff and stamp them for about 25 bucks for about 4 hours of work every 3-4 days(slave labor).

Batta bing batta boom.

User Stats

Votes
Douglas Christian
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 14 2008, 01:41

I use postcrds, very inexpensive and they do not have to be opened. Read my BLOG on that.

Also, get you a high school kid, or stay at home mom and just pay them a little something until you get a deal done. You could actually pay them a few bucks, depending on the quantity of mail outs you will have.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Dec 14 2008, 04:04

I use click2mail on bulk mailings. I have replaced my Yellow Letter Program with Greeting Cards. I seem to get a better response. Besides it is more personal.

I can tell you the package that I sent out earlier last month just about broke my fingers....lol

Account Closed
  • California
Votes |
  • California
Replied Dec 14 2008, 08:10

I use Think Ink Marketing for lettershop services. They hire retired ladies who have nice handwriting.

http://www.thinkinkmarketing.com

If I remember correctly, costs $1.25 each for everything, out the door, via first class mai.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 14 2008, 09:46

Jonathan, I'm curious to hear more about your greeting cards. I want to do something similar, but the cost of the envelopes is high. I've been trying to find some in bulk, but it's challenging.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Dec 14 2008, 17:07

Hey Dan,

The system that I use is an online service. You can do 1 or 1,000 greeting cards as low as .62 per greeting card. That does not include postage. The system allows you to program your own personalize hand writing font and up to 4 signatures. If you want to customize your card you can ad photos also. There are a lot of features available. If you want to learn more about them I can easily set you up with a free gift account and you can send a few greeting cards for free. Just let me know. It takes about 15 minutes.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 14 2008, 18:45
Originally posted by Jonathan Rexford:
Hey Dan,

The system that I use is an online service. You can do 1 or 1,000 greeting cards as low as .62 per greeting card. That does not include postage. The system allows you to program your own personalize hand writing font and up to 4 signatures. If you want to customize your card you can ad photos also. There are a lot of features available. If you want to learn more about them I can easily set you up with a free gift account and you can send a few greeting cards for free. Just let me know. It takes about 15 minutes.

Hi Jonathan, are you using click2mail for that service? I've used them for postcards, but was never sure what some of these other products would look like. Does it truly look handwritten or will some people be able to tell its done on a computer?

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Rexford
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Dec 14 2008, 19:00

Dan,

I don't use click2mail for that service. It is actually something that I sell to other investors. In my signature there is a link to my site. The font is YOUR hand writing. Our programers will have you fillout a sheet of paper and they will program your font along with 4 signatures.

Check it out.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hart
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 14 2008, 19:25
Originally posted by Jonathan Rexford:
Dan,

I don't use click2mail for that service. It is actually something that I sell to other investors. In my signature there is a link to my site. The font is YOUR hand writing. Our programers will have you fillout a sheet of paper and they will program your font along with 4 signatures.

Check it out.

Thanks Jonathan, I will check it out