2% response rate and 1 wholesale deal off first campaign!

2% response rate and 1 wholesale deal off first campaign!

Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 21 votes

Our first mailing campaign was a pretty good success. We sent out 1000 mailers and received around 20-25 calls. A couple of them were strong leads and made an offer on one of the homes. It did not work out. One of the last calls turned into a wholesale deal that is going to net $3500. Not a great wholesale fee, but definitely worth the $500 investment.

3Reply
4 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 107 votes
    12y
    Ty Burns fantastic! What type of criteria did you mail to? I would be interested to know more of the specifics. I just started my first campaign about a month ago and things are working well, so far. Again, congrats!
  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    @Ty Burns First let me say congrats. seconds that is not bad at all $3,500 profit is not that bad at all you will find wholesale deal prices have to be kept low in order appeal to experienced buyers. A big suggestion I would make is to follow up with the 24 warm leads verbal within a few weeks and run the mailing again.

    always make sure you follow up. I got one deal from a man who was getting divorce after 4 month of telling me no. He had to move to PA and finally agreed to let me take it. I unloaded in 3 days.

    and in another I came across 2 gentlemen who had emptied their 401k to try and flip and got stuck. I seen it for sale through a Realtor $85k and months later for sale by owner at $60k. I offered them $52K for a fully rehabbed property worth $65k ARV(zillow showed $85k but recently sold comps were all REO at $65k-$70k). I marketed at $55k and 2 days later had an offer in hand for $59K.

    All from being persistance.

  • Rental Property Investor · Manchester, NH · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Ty Burns congrats man that's awesome. Make sure you follow up with those same mailings cuz you usually don't get your best response rate til your second or third mailing. Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing more about your success
  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Congrats @Ty Burns! Pretty solid campaign, keep at it.

  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y
  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    @Mike Webb - I mailed to non-owner occupied single family residents in a particular zip code. I got the mailing list from my title co. I was surprised at the return rate we received.

    @Manny Cirino - I always follow up. Thanks for the advice. $3500 is not bad for a wholesale fee, but my last three wholesale deals have been $10k or more. I am going to send a new campaign to the same list once more and then to another list I have.

    @Brian L. I used a pink postcard from yellowletters.com. Great site. You can design your own, or use the templates they have or a mixture of the two. I also will hand write postcards to vacant houses I come across when driving around my farm areas. We have got a few deals that way as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 502 posts · 263 votes
    12y

    @Ty Burns Congrats! Those are great results from just a first mailing. I recently started my first direct mail campaign and am currently in my second round of mailings to the same list of 1000. I have noticed I get a lot less calls on Round 2, but the ones that do call are more motivated. I got zero good leads from Round 1, but I just put 2 houses under contract so far from Round 2. Hopefully Round 3 will be even better!

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    @Andrew Herrig Wow. That is awesome. Getting two deals from the same mailing campaign is outstanding. I hope I have that great of success on my second campaign. How much are you going to make on each deal?

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    12y

    @Ty Burns slow down dude and save some for everyone :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    Congrats @Ty Burns i need to follow in your foot steps. Just curious so far i have bought my list from Listsource, how did you go about getting your list from your title? What filters did you get to use ?

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    @Gary Parker I am just trying to keep up with you!

    @Ceasar Blackman I just asked my title co to pull a list of all single family non-owner occupied homes in particular zip codes, and then I filter them out myself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.