Funky Loan Quote. First time rental property buyer.

Funky Loan Quote. First time rental property buyer.

Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 5 votes

I received a loan quote from a lender. On a $211k house. The estimated closing close came up to $18k on a 30 year FHA loan. This included Loan cost, taxes and other government fees, prepaids, initial escrow payment at closing. Why am I seeing that the average is 2.35%? How do you add these on your analysis?

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    @Christian Kim does the $18K include the down payment?  Post a screenshot

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    5y
  • Investor · Roebling, NJ · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Christian Kim I have purchased 4 houses in the last 3 yrs and I do not think I have ever paid any transfer taxes. Also the last house i bought was 350k and the seller paid transfer taxes were $2800. $4k seems like a lot for the buyer to pay on a 200k house. I would see if that can be pushed onto the seller.

  • New to Real Estate · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 68 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    My FHA loan had really high closing costs as well. I just thought it was common for FHA loans because my last home purchase was not an FHA and closing costs were lower. I did just check my closing summary and like @Jim Vanhorn I did not pay any tranfer tax.   The only thing listed under the tax section was the recording fees.  Definitely find out more about that transfer tax.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.