Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
Finally quit my J.O.B.! After 7 years of investing!

Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Posted

It’s been about 7 years since I read the life changing book “Cashflow Quadrant” by Robert Kiyosaki and after 14 amazing years, I quit my full-time job!

This post has been a long overdue. I have been meaning to post this on BP for so long. I thought, what is a better way to start the new decade on BP with this post being the first of the decade! 

BP is the place where I started my journey about 5-6 years ago. I have bought and sold multiple properties through BP. One such property, I still own and made it to the "post of the week" on BP. You can check it out here if you are curious: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/236786-how-we-made-5000-on-two-weekends-ie-4-nights-on-a-135k-condo

I had a high paying job in NYC that I quit after several years of investing in apartment complexes in my spare time. My first full day without a W2 job was on July 4th, 2019 (Independence Day). It just happened to pan out that way for my exit and never planned for it but I am glad it happened that way. Anyhow, I decided to turn my hobby and passion w/ real-estate into a full-time business to help others build wealth away from Wall-St. Going forward, I will be focusing my time on the following two things:

1) Syndications: Putting together investment opportunities for people to invest for the cashflow and have their money work for them.

2) Education: I launched a podcast to help high-paid professionals on personal finance.

I started with smaller properties in my local area. Slowly, I expanded into 5 different states with SFRs, duplexes, triplexes. It also included one airbnb rental. Then slowly over time I realized that even though this is so much fun and I was spending day and night on this stuff, it is not scalable. I went with the route of syndications. Since then, I have sold most of my portfolio.

It's been about 6 months since I left my FT job. I am so grateful for BP nation & real-estate. I owe it to BP for all the knowledge, relationships, investments and a community of like minded individuals. This has given me the ability to spend time the way I want. Thank you everyone who has helped me along this journey.

With Gratitude,
Pancham

User Stats

Votes
Frankie Lesowske
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bend, OR
Votes |
  • Bend, OR
Replied

Thats awesome! After I get financially free I want to work on syndication and scale a lot bigger than residential just like you did. 

Thank you for the inspiration @Pancham G.

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Replied

@Frank Lesowske

Thanks man. Good luck. It can be done!

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Sat Ram
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Votes |
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Replied

@Pancham G. Truly inspiring, Congratulations!

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Replied

@Sat Ram thank you.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • United States
Votes |
  • Investor
  • United States
Replied
Originally posted by @Pancham G.:

It’s been about 7 years since I read the life changing book “Cashflow Quadrant” by Robert Kiyosaki and after 14 amazing years, I quit my full-time job!

This post has been a long overdue. I have been meaning to post this on BP for so long. I thought, what is a better way to start the new decade on BP with this post being the first of the decade! 

BP is the place where I started my journey about 5-6 years ago. I have bought and sold multiple properties through BP. One such property, I still own and made it to the "post of the week" on BP. You can check it out here if you are curious: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/236786-how-we-made-5000-on-two-weekends-ie-4-nights-on-a-135k-condo

I had a high paying job in NYC that I quit after several years of investing in apartment complexes in my spare time. My first full day without a W2 job was on July 4th, 2019 (Independence Day). It just happened to pan out that way for my exit and never planned for it but I am glad it happened that way. Anyhow, I decided to turn my hobby and passion w/ real-estate into a full-time business to help others build wealth away from Wall-St. Going forward, I will be focusing my time on the following two things:

1) Syndications: Putting together investment opportunities for people to invest for the cashflow and have their money work for them.

2) Education: I launched a podcast to help high-paid professionals on personal finance.

I started with smaller properties in my local area. Slowly, I expanded into 5 different states with SFRs, duplexes, triplexes. It also included one airbnb rental. Then slowly over time I realized that even though this is so much fun and I was spending day and night on this stuff, it is not scalable. I went with the route of syndications. Since then, I have sold most of my portfolio.

It's been about 6 months since I left my FT job. I am so grateful for BP nation & real-estate. I owe it to BP for all the knowledge, relationships, investments and a community of like minded individuals. This has given me the ability to spend time the way I want. Thank you everyone who has helped me along this journey.

With Gratitude,
Pancham

It feels good doesn't it. Congratulations my friend.

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Replied

Thanks @Account Closed. Absolutely! It does.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

well done, inspiring others to follow

User Stats

Votes
Shannon Robnett
  • Developer
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Boise, ID
Replied

Congrats on your accomplishment @Pancham G.  Not everybody understands that while real estate is a fairly easy way to get rich its not usually a get rich quick road.  Most investors want to do it with no money down and in a 24 month period of time.  Great that you stuck with it and worked your way out of a J.O.B!  If you are looking for equity plays out in the Pacific Northwest drop me a line.

User Stats

Votes
Pancham G.
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jericho, NY
Replied

Thanks @Shannon Robnett! Definitely not a get rich quick scheme :)