Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Technology
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Renee Tan
Votes |
How can I learn Yardi?

Renee Tan
Posted Jan 15 2024, 07:58

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Yardi.

I've been searching for Yardi training or courses online for quite some time, but haven't had much luck. I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, and I've noticed many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

If anyone has insights on how to learn Yardi effectively or if there are specific training programs available, or maybe through a tutor? I would greatly appreciate your guidance. I know I'm not the only one looking for this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

User Stats

Votes
Simon W.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Lehigh Valley PA & New York City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:01

there really isn't any way to learn it besides getting a job. Mostly NYC real estate companies uses Yardi Voyager and not the Yardi Breeze that most people here in BP uses.

Even if you get a job that uses Yardi, you will have limited access on what you can and cannot do just because the role you are in unless you are a Controller/CFO.

User Stats

Votes
Nick Trimmer
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 16 2024, 13:32
Quote from @Renee Tan:

I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, and I've noticed many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

Hi Renee!

What type of role are you looking for?  Is it Leasing, Property Management, Vendor Management, Operations, Finance, Accounting...  Depending on the types of roles, I may be able to get you some resources.

Good luck!

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
The Easiest Way to Save 150 hours & $5,000 / year Stop the busy work and start growing your RE business with market leading APY & automated finances

User Stats

Votes
Renee Tan
Votes |
Replied Jan 16 2024, 19:07

Hi Nick:

Thank you for your response

I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate with a focus on accounting roles. I've observed that many positions in this field require proficiency in Yardi. It's been challenging to find resources or training for Yardi outside of obtaining a job that demands prior experience with the software. It feels like a bit of a catch-22 situation where the skills are needed before getting the job. I've extensively searched online but haven't come across relevant training courses or tutorials.

If you have any insights or recommendations on where I could find resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your assistance!

User Stats

Votes
Simon W.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied Jan 16 2024, 22:31

You won't be really able to find a tutor.

I consider myself a Yardi expert focused on accounting. I've trained people at my jobs when I was a senior accountant to controller.

I've used Yardi Enterprise (old desktop client software)

Yardi Voyager 6s & 7s

Yardi Genesis2

Reason why I say you won't be able to find a tutor is because no one is going to spend $15K a year to use as a training platform to mentor and tutor people. At $15K a year, that's just bare minimum without any of the other modules that Yardi offers. I can probably teach it, but I won't be spending that kind of money for the platform and I doubt people who wants to learn are willing to pay for the platform and tutoring fees. 

I hate to say this, but if you want to get a job with Yardi as the main software, you will need to start at the entry-level accounting. Get a A/R & A/P jobs and work your way up. 

With the limited access in Yardi, you won't be able to adjust account trees and create multiple customized financial statements. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Smythe
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Jan 17 2024, 07:25

Why do you want to learn Yardi?

User Stats

Votes
Nick Trimmer
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 17 2024, 12:01

Hi Renee!

I just sent you a DM and will connect you with some resources.

Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Renee Tan
Votes |
Replied Jan 17 2024, 21:00
Quote from @Michael Smythe:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question! I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, particularly in accounting roles. In my search, I've noticed that many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

I've been actively looking for effective ways to learn Yardi, but it seems challenging to find suitable training or courses online. It's essential for me to acquire these skills as I navigate potential roles in the real estate industry.

If you have any insights, recommendations, or perhaps know of specific training programs or resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. It seems like a common challenge, and any advice you can provide would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your help!

User Stats

Votes
Simon W.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied Jan 17 2024, 22:35
Quote from @Renee Tan:
Quote from @Michael Smythe:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question! I'm currently exploring opportunities in real estate, particularly in accounting roles. In my search, I've noticed that many positions require proficiency in Yardi.

I've been actively looking for effective ways to learn Yardi, but it seems challenging to find suitable training or courses online. It's essential for me to acquire these skills as I navigate potential roles in the real estate industry.

If you have any insights, recommendations, or perhaps know of specific training programs or resources for learning Yardi, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. It seems like a common challenge, and any advice you can provide would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Seems like you just totally ignore my post. I've only been in real estate accounting for 20 years and spent a good 14 years using Yardi, but what do I know. 

Good luck talking to the non-accountants about accounting.