Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Estrada
Pro Member
Votes |
Lessons Learned: My Experience with The 'Flip System'

Matthew Estrada
Pro Member
Posted

Hello everyone,

I recently read a post and wanted to share my experience with The “Flip System”, as I believe transparency is crucial when considering investments like this.

I come from a blue-collar background as a first responder in Los Angeles, and I was drawn to Flip System due to the promise of having deals vetted and presented to me, as well as receiving education on how to fix and flip, implement the BRRRR strategy, and sell turnkey properties. This approach seemed ideal given my demanding schedule. I paid a substantial $15,000 initiation fee to join this community and was assigned to invest in a Midwest City.

Initially, I was optimistic as I was provided with a General Contractor and Real Estate Agent for my team. However, things quickly took a turn for the worse. The real estate agent I was assigned passed me off to someone else without explanation, and the general contractor stopped communicating with me once I had my first deal under contract. I had to rely on my new real estate agent to find another contractor, adding unnecessary stress to the process.

The deal I was presented with had an ARV of $120,000, but after the rehab, the appraisal came in at only $92,000, leaving me short by $28,000. Furthermore, I later discovered that the property was located in a C- neighborhood, which was not disclosed upfront. Currently, I'm struggling with an eviction on this property and have not made any profit. To add insult to injury, I was charged an additional $1,000 for Flip System providing me this problematic deal.

My disappointment continued with the lack of educational value provided by Flip System. Despite paying a substantial fee, I found that beyond basic instructional videos and repetitive weekly calls, there was little substance to aid my learning. Learning by doing and teaching is my philosophy, and unfortunately, this system did not facilitate that process.

I truly wanted this endeavor to succeed and even expressed my gratitude by sending Fire Station shirts to the Flip System crew. However, my experience has been disappointing, and I deeply regret investing $15,000 that I could now desperately use.

Based on my firsthand experience, I would caution against expecting Flip System to deliver on its promises of support, education, and profitable deals. If you have any further questions or would like more details about my experience, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my story helps others make informed decisions.

Best regards,

Matt

User Stats

Votes
Nick Lepinski
  • Investor
  • MA/OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • MA/OH
Replied

I have had great success with Flipsystem. If anyone is thinking of joining message me and I can go over everything.

They helped me start and get to where I am today.

I see a lot of people complaining about how bad it is. Sure, there are going to be people who fail but if you truly try and make your best effort and do your own due diligence by evaluating these properties, inspection, ARV, etc. and really learning the strategy of both BRRR and turnkey fix and flip, it will work.

You need to build a strong and trustworthy team on the ground.

People nowadays quit the second something gets hard. Joining Flipsystem does not guarantee you will be a successful real estate investor if you just think they are going to hand you everything and you do little work. YOU NEED TO PUT IN WORK!

You will need to be spending 2-3 hours per day on the business in the beginning. 

Real Estate is not easy and if it was, everyone would be a successful investor and you wouldn't want it. The fact that it is hard is why you want it, that means it's valuable. If you are able to succeed at this, you could make a lot of money in 10-12 after holding these properties.

The formula is simple. Learn the basics of financials in RE, build a strong team on the ground, understand the ins and outs of RE and what market your in, understand how to actually flip the home and what strategy you are doing (Highly recommend the BRRR) as holding homes is where the money is made.

REAL ESTATE IS NOT EASY!!! But is WORTH it if you can do the correct things and really learn how this works.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Flipsystem hasn't been helpful to me either. After spending $15K on the subscription, they put me in touch with an inexperienced real estate agent who in turn hired an inexperienced contractor for my fix and flip. The flip effort went $20K over the budget. Flipsystem support completely failed to assess the ARV and guide me through the project.

I am not sitting with my fingers crossed on what to do with the property. It's been for sale for 6 months with no buyers. 

Flipsystem sells you their service claiming it's a hands-off fix and flip service with boots on the ground team guaranteed. It's completely false. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Nick Lepinski:

I have had great success with Flipsystem. If anyone is thinking of joining message me and I can go over everything.

They helped me start and get to where I am today.

I see a lot of people complaining about how bad it is. Sure, there are going to be people who fail but if you truly try and make your best effort and do your own due diligence by evaluating these properties, inspection, ARV, etc. and really learning the strategy of both BRRR and turnkey fix and flip, it will work.

You need to build a strong and trustworthy team on the ground.

People nowadays quit the second something gets hard. Joining Flipsystem does not guarantee you will be a successful real estate investor if you just think they are going to hand you everything and you do little work. YOU NEED TO PUT IN WORK!

You will need to be spending 2-3 hours per day on the business in the beginning. 

Real Estate is not easy and if it was, everyone would be a successful investor and you wouldn't want it. The fact that it is hard is why you want it, that means it's valuable. If you are able to succeed at this, you could make a lot of money in 10-12 after holding these properties.

The formula is simple. Learn the basics of financials in RE, build a strong team on the ground, understand the ins and outs of RE and what market your in, understand how to actually flip the home and what strategy you are doing (Highly recommend the BRRR) as holding homes is where the money is made.

REAL ESTATE IS NOT EASY!!! But is WORTH it if you can do the correct things and really learn how this works.

since you basically have to do everything yourself why would any one pay 15k for a few referraals to realtors and contractors you can get that here on BP.. Just contact any of the Columbus Agents they are the flip system you dont have to pay up front for .. REAFCO agents do this from what i see. .

User Stats

Votes
David Robertson
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied

Clearly this forum is being spammed with fake positive reviews.

5 posts posted within minutes by first time posters.

Hopefully @Moderators mark this stuff as SPAM.

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied
Quote from @David Robertson:

Handled, thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied
Quote from @David Robertson:

Yeah, this is wildly suspicious. Whatever spidey sense I have for guru scams is going into overdrive

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied

FlipSystem is a game-changer! It’s not just about finding deals; the platform helps you analyze them and connects you with experienced local teams. It’s been a huge help in speeding up my flips.

User Stats

Votes
Al D.
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied
Quote from @Account Closed:

FlipSystem is a game-changer! It’s not just about finding deals; the platform helps you analyze them and connects you with experienced local teams. It’s been a huge help in speeding up my flips.

I have little doubt that “Marie T Debnam” will soon turn into “Account Closed.”

Two questions, looking at the attached pics: Is this a joke?  If it is, to whom?  I only have one suspect.

What was that great word from Hitch?  You guessed it: Disgusting.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Matthew Estrada:

Hello everyone,

I recently read a post and wanted to share my experience with The “Flip System”, as I believe transparency is crucial when considering investments like this.

I come from a blue-collar background as a first responder in Los Angeles, and I was drawn to Flip System due to the promise of having deals vetted and presented to me, as well as receiving education on how to fix and flip, implement the BRRRR strategy, and sell turnkey properties. This approach seemed ideal given my demanding schedule. I paid a substantial $15,000 initiation fee to join this community and was assigned to invest in a Midwest City.

Initially, I was optimistic as I was provided with a General Contractor and Real Estate Agent for my team. However, things quickly took a turn for the worse. The real estate agent I was assigned passed me off to someone else without explanation, and the general contractor stopped communicating with me once I had my first deal under contract. I had to rely on my new real estate agent to find another contractor, adding unnecessary stress to the process.

The deal I was presented with had an ARV of $120,000, but after the rehab, the appraisal came in at only $92,000, leaving me short by $28,000. Furthermore, I later discovered that the property was located in a C- neighborhood, which was not disclosed upfront. Currently, I'm struggling with an eviction on this property and have not made any profit. To add insult to injury, I was charged an additional $1,000 for Flip System providing me this problematic deal.

My disappointment continued with the lack of educational value provided by Flip System. Despite paying a substantial fee, I found that beyond basic instructional videos and repetitive weekly calls, there was little substance to aid my learning. Learning by doing and teaching is my philosophy, and unfortunately, this system did not facilitate that process.

I truly wanted this endeavor to succeed and even expressed my gratitude by sending Fire Station shirts to the Flip System crew. However, my experience has been disappointing, and I deeply regret investing $15,000 that I could now desperately use.

Based on my firsthand experience, I would caution against expecting Flip System to deliver on its promises of support, education, and profitable deals. If you have any further questions or would like more details about my experience, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my story helps others make informed decisions.

Best regards,

Matt

U should see the 1 post schills posting now.. what a joke.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied

Account closed, 1 post, 1 post... you would think these spam bots would make a few random posts, maybe a "welcome to BiggerPockets" for some new member introductions and like a couple of each other's posts before spamming a thread started by someone disappointed in the system. Low energy spamming tbh