Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Haidee Rivera
  • Redding, CA
Votes |
Has anyone done coaching with Ray Zhang of Virtual Land Flip?

Haidee Rivera
  • Redding, CA
Posted

Hi everyone, looking to get into the land flipping business, but am a complete newbie. Been looking at different coaches and came across Ray Zhang of Virtual Land Flip on a few Youtube videos/podcasts. Has anyone been coached by him and what has your experienced been? As a newbie, I need someone to guide me from the beginning to try to avoid mistakes and hopefully be very successful. I've heard of where some coaches or courses weren't geared for newcomers and would like advice on a good land flipping coach that's not going to require to give them an arm and a leg but will really help me get started.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Haidee Rivera:

Hi everyone, looking to get into the land flipping business, but am a complete newbie. Been looking at different coaches and came across Ray Zhang of Virtual Land Flip on a few Youtube videos/podcasts. Has anyone been coached by him and what has your experienced been? As a newbie, I need someone to guide me from the beginning to try to avoid mistakes and hopefully be very successful. I've heard of where some coaches or courses weren't geared for newcomers and would like advice on a good land flipping coach that's not going to require to give them an arm and a leg but will really help me get started.

Hi.  Did you sign up with Ray Zhnang?  Wondering about your experience? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

hey guys, I recently enrolled with Kendall LeJeune the founder of Land Only Fans. Check him out! he is great and had interviewed Ray Zhang on his podcast! 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
William Ferr
  • Investor
  • Belle Fourche, SD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Belle Fourche, SD
Replied

I have listened to some stuff with him and read his stuff but he is rather new.
I have purchased numerous land courses and done many deals.  IMO, the person you want to look at is Jonathon Haveles with Land Riches Blueprint.  He's been out a long time and updates the information regularly based on the market and new applications & tools.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Espejo
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied
Quote from @Lily Ngo:

hey guys, I recently enrolled with Kendall LeJeune the founder of Land Only Fans. Check him out! he is great and had interviewed Ray Zhang on his podcast! 

7 months on - How has your experience been so far, Lily? What has your ROI been like if you don't mind sharing?

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Espejo
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied

Did you end up working with Ray? I am also on the same boat and researching on an experiences on Ray.

Does anybody have any experience with Ray?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Morris
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied
Quote from @Joshua Espejo:

Did you end up working with Ray? I am also on the same boat and researching on an experiences on Ray.

Does anybody have any experience with Ray?

I'd suggest taking a free course like that provided by Pete Reese at Land Conquest to get your feet wet and take some action.  If you think land flipping is for you, there are plenty of decent paid options out there.  I see a lot of the same names pumping the same guru which makes me very suspicious.  Most of the information is out there for free.  Learn as much as you can for free first before dropping thousands on courses or mentors.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Yes, I have.  I regret it.  One of the most important things to look for is the support during and after the class.  He has pretty much no support - it's just him, no group or ways to connect with other students.   Two courses I recommend, both a little different.  You could take both and together they would still cost less.  In Land Investing Online there is a free support group as well as an affordable monthly subscription (I think $100) where you can share your deals for input from the other members.  This is invaluable because there are so many variables and questions you will have if you don't want to lose money.  Another course that is better is Land Flipping 101.  And they have a free facebook group that you can join even before you take the course.  Good luck!!