Any opinions about vestright, Cody Bjugan’s 15-18k course?

Any opinions about vestright, Cody Bjugan’s 15-18k course?

Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 34 votes

Hi. I recently discovered Cody Bjugan’s work on youtube. And have been intrigued. If what they say is true, it is a way to make a 6 to 7 figure income on your phone in as little as 10 hours a week finding off market land and getting it ready for land developers to build on. 
The course is not cheap. $15k in one payment, or 3 payments of $6k ($18k). 
If a 6 to 7 figure income is realistic in a relatively short period of time, and I could really do it with 10 hours of work a week from anywhere with internet, than it would be a great investment. I’m just not really sure that it is that simple. And I don’t have $15,000 -$18,000 to waste.

Any feedback regarding this course? Vestright? Cody Bjugan’s work?


Thanks much. 
-Gil.  

1Reply
483 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Dallas and San Diego · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 20 votes
3y

Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

I'll address the questions I see here.

Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

@Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

@Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.


See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4y

    @Gil Ere

    The only ones who typically are making six to seven figures income on things like this for ten hours a week are the people running the course

    If it was so easy to make $1,000/hr wouldn’t everyone be doing it?

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    I don’t have experience with that specific course. I have bought courses in the past, though.  I suggest you listen to free podcasts on land wholesaling, build a business plan, and then work it (Wholesaling Inc is a great one).  Use the money you would have spent on the course, and use that for your marketing.  

    I found that:

    Marketing works when you put it out there. There are no "magic" words that make people give you property. People sell when they are ready. Information in similar courses to that one is out there in the open, for free. A course speeds up the learning curve. Gathering with similar minded folks at your local REIA or here on BP can answer your questions. Buying a course didn't give me mental leverage to get marketing started.

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    I'm pretty sure you're post is spam so I've reported it to the mods.

    But just in case this is a serious question, you should run away from this and never look back. Just a few reasons why...

    1. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

    2. You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value.

    3. There is no way you are going to make a 6 figure income (let alone a 7 figure income) working only 10 hours a week from anywhere in the world.

    4. I've been a real estate investor for over 10 years, I've been on biggerpockets just as long, and I'm a somewhat big real estate YouTuber myself. And I've never heard of this Cody Bjugan guy. Not a good sign.

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 34 votes
    4y

    This is not spam. I’m not sure why you would think it was, as I am not trying to sell anything. I was asking sincerely about a program that I thought people in this group might be familiar with.

    I share similar suspicions that you have expressed regarding it being too good to be true. 
    That being said I was open to being wrong.

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 34 votes
    4y

    Yep. Oddly enough he also is in Scottsdale. Here is an interview with him on Ken McElroy’s show

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas and San Diego · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 20 votes
    3y

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.


  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2012 · 57 posts · 39 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brad Costanzo:

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.



     Hey Brad, just wanted to thank you for your response here. I'd love to learn more about your experience within the program. Have you seen success yet?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Brad Costanzo:

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.



     Hey Brad, just wanted to thank you for your response here. I'd love to learn more about your experience within the program. Have you seen success yet?


    going to be tough sledding right now with many builder developers taking a year or more off .. this can be done I have done it over the years. but its NOT EASY .. land sellers are going to want to know you have money to close on the deals before they let you tie them up.. Generally speaking so this is not like wholesaling houses. which sellers will let wholesalers tie up a property with 50 bucks or 500 bucks.. the deals i buy I have to put up 100k in cash to start the process
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2012 · 57 posts · 39 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Brad Costanzo:

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.



     Hey Brad, just wanted to thank you for your response here. I'd love to learn more about your experience within the program. Have you seen success yet?


    going to be tough sledding right now with many builder developers taking a year or more off .. this can be done I have done it over the years. but its NOT EASY .. land sellers are going to want to know you have money to close on the deals before they let you tie them up.. Generally speaking so this is not like wholesaling houses. which sellers will let wholesalers tie up a property with 50 bucks or 500 bucks.. the deals i buy I have to put up 100k in cash to start the process

     How do students of Cody's provide proof of funds beforehand then? Are they showing the developer's bank account? Lol

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Brad Costanzo:

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.



     Hey Brad, just wanted to thank you for your response here. I'd love to learn more about your experience within the program. Have you seen success yet?


    going to be tough sledding right now with many builder developers taking a year or more off .. this can be done I have done it over the years. but its NOT EASY .. land sellers are going to want to know you have money to close on the deals before they let you tie them up.. Generally speaking so this is not like wholesaling houses. which sellers will let wholesalers tie up a property with 50 bucks or 500 bucks.. the deals i buy I have to put up 100k in cash to start the process

     How do students of Cody's provide proof of funds beforehand then? Are they showing the developer's bank account? Lol


    developers normally can tie up dirt based on reputation in the area.. and like I said substantial non refundable EM in the 6 figure range.. I know Cody he used to live in Portland and I had looked at a few deals he had put together.. He for sure knows the development business.. selling this to the mass's and or those with no experience and very little capital   well you know    sometimes I wonder if I should start selling my how too for 10 to 15k.. I had another client call me and he paid 20k for basically nothing.. But I will say that Cody's stuff I am sure is accurate and its how you would go about tying up dirt and who to work with etc etc.. the issue is they are making it sound like 10 hours a week will make you millions..  then we have to look at logic and reality.  Builder developers are not dump and they have their own Land Ack guys who do nothing but scour for deals and they are employees..
  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Cody won’t accept 18K from anyone who isn’t committed, persistent and patient! He has a passion for mentoring and wants to leave a legacy of successful students. If you have 18K of your dad’s retirement fund take a shot. What do YOU have to lose? 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    That's alot of money, I have been in the Real Estate business since I was 20 years old, I am 57.  I moved to Texas and attained my license here recently, there's is a lot of affordable land in this State and every second it grows out West up North and South.  I would love to invest because what got me here is exactly that the persistancy on which he does the marketing this program. I guess at this level he will make money selling a hat to a headless person or a pair of running hi-tech pair of shoes to a person in a wheel chair.  I would rather give a University this kind of money, have the students help me with my marketing of myself in what avenue I decide to enter in real estate and get a degree.  Rub shoulders with the rich and it'll all come together.  This isn't reputable, not licensed in any State. My accountant for 25 years always tells me since the internet came out, anything goes........Get a degree, a trait with someone you can look in the eyes.......

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    I'm laughing as I read the various opinions on this Vestright topic.  I understand the skepticism and the concerns expressed.  It is easy to poke holes at something that you don't understand and in some ways may be over-hyped and has a high dollar entry value.  My wife and I purchased the Vestright program with no real estate background over 3 years ago. We took a deep dive and had success.  It wasn't easy, cheap, or without sleepless nights.  To date, our combined projects have yielded 320 preliminary plat approved lots across 101 total acres in three different counties and have generated a nice healthy return.  Real estate development is a niche market with 1,000 things that can go wrong, but I will vouch for Cody Bjugan and the value of the Vestright training.  It is not a course taught by someone with 5-10 years experience, rather over 20 years and still counting.  If the niche were an easy one, everybody would be doing it. 

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2012 · 57 posts · 39 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Craig Calhoun:

    I'm laughing as I read the various opinions on this Vestright topic.  I understand the skepticism and the concerns expressed.  It is easy to poke holes at something that you don't understand and in some ways may be over-hyped and has a high dollar entry value.  My wife and I purchased the Vestright program with no real estate background over 3 years ago. We took a deep dive and had success.  It wasn't easy, cheap, or without sleepless nights.  To date, our combined projects have yielded 320 preliminary plat approved lots across 101 total acres in three different counties and have generated a nice healthy return.  Real estate development is a niche market with 1,000 things that can go wrong, but I will vouch for Cody Bjugan and the value of the Vestright training.  It is not a course taught by someone with 5-10 years experience, rather over 20 years and still counting.  If the niche were an easy one, everybody would be doing it. 


     Way to go Craig! Hats off to you and your wife. I purchased the program and am very satisfied so far... nearly finished with the course and ready to get to work. Would love to connect and talk shop if you're open to it!

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2012 · 57 posts · 39 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @John Crimmins:
    Quote from @Brad Costanzo:

    Maybe I'm biased because I know Cody personally and am a student at VestRight.  Take that for what you will. 

    I'll address the questions I see here.

    Cody never says this is easy and requires very little work. It's the opposite. He says he doesn't want anyone who isn't committed and persistent and patient. 

    However, most of the work involved involves searching for off-market raw land with development potential, finding the owner and seeing if they're willing to sell.  This can easily be done in 10 hours a week.  

    Once you get a piece of property under contract, then you're outsourcing all of the entitlement work to experts and basically managing that part.  

    With this model there's no need to do dozens of deals at a time, in fact, one deal a month can literally be worth 7 figures.  Spending 10 hours a week shepherding that is time well spent. 

    In many cases, but definitely not all, students partner with Cody's development company to handle the entitlements and the exits to homebuilders for a profit share which can be mid-six figures for simply bird dirt-dogging the deal.  In fact, here's a video of Cody cutting a $600,000 check to a VestRight student who bird dogged a deal for him. 

    @Chris Seveney is normally correct here in that "most" people making 6-7 figures are simply selling courses.  In the video above, Cody made more money on this deal with a student than VestRight has made in its history teaching this to students.  (Cody told me this directly)

    @Scott E. LOL at your quote "You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  

    You are an online real estate investing mentor yourself. You're telling me that with your success, nobody should ever pay you to help shortcut their experience?  You said "There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value."  That's really interesting and as a mentor you might want to reexamine that belief.  None of your mentees have ever made more than 18,000 with your advice?  

    Also, Cody isn't a Youtuber, for 20 years he's been doing land deals. In fact, you should reach out to him and have him on your youtube channel if you're skeptical. He lives in Scottsdale as well. Hit him up with that request and tell him Brad sent you. I think you'll be surprised at how different what he does is compared to traditional REI.



     Hey Brad, just wanted to thank you for your response here. I'd love to learn more about your experience within the program. Have you seen success yet?


    going to be tough sledding right now with many builder developers taking a year or more off .. this can be done I have done it over the years. but its NOT EASY .. land sellers are going to want to know you have money to close on the deals before they let you tie them up.. Generally speaking so this is not like wholesaling houses. which sellers will let wholesalers tie up a property with 50 bucks or 500 bucks.. the deals i buy I have to put up 100k in cash to start the process

     How do students of Cody's provide proof of funds beforehand then? Are they showing the developer's bank account? Lol


    developers normally can tie up dirt based on reputation in the area.. and like I said substantial non refundable EM in the 6 figure range.. I know Cody he used to live in Portland and I had looked at a few deals he had put together.. He for sure knows the development business.. selling this to the mass's and or those with no experience and very little capital   well you know    sometimes I wonder if I should start selling my how too for 10 to 15k.. I had another client call me and he paid 20k for basically nothing.. But I will say that Cody's stuff I am sure is accurate and its how you would go about tying up dirt and who to work with etc etc.. the issue is they are making it sound like 10 hours a week will make you millions..  then we have to look at logic and reality.  Builder developers are not dump and they have their own Land Ack guys who do nothing but scour for deals and they are employees..

    Jay, I ended up buying the course from Cody, learning a TON, and am working on finding that first deal. Re-reading your replies helped me learn a lot as well, I appreciate the time you take to post here and help people. What a great guy.

    I wanted to ask - you said many developers are taking a year off now? Why is that? 

    Hope I get the chance to buy you a beer or coffee some time my friend. Cheers!

  • Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Looking into the course. How long ago did you sign up? How long did it take for
    you to go through the course? 


    Quote from @Craig Calhoun:

    I'm laughing as I read the various opinions on this Vestright topic.  I understand the skepticism and the concerns expressed.  It is easy to poke holes at something that you don't understand and in some ways may be over-hyped and has a high dollar entry value.  My wife and I purchased the Vestright program with no real estate background over 3 years ago. We took a deep dive and had success.  It wasn't easy, cheap, or without sleepless nights.  To date, our combined projects have yielded 320 preliminary plat approved lots across 101 total acres in three different counties and have generated a nice healthy return.  Real estate development is a niche market with 1,000 things that can go wrong, but I will vouch for Cody Bjugan and the value of the Vestright training.  It is not a course taught by someone with 5-10 years experience, rather over 20 years and still counting.  If the niche were an easy one, everybody would be doing it. 


  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    2y

    Really? $15,000-18,000.00? Does he have a lambo payment to make? 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:

    Really? $15,000-18,000.00? Does he have a lambo payment to make? 


    actually as for guru's  this is not for everyone actually very few can do it.. but if you do there can be some big money in what Cody teaches.. which is basically how to get land tied up get it entitled then flip to a builder..  Its not the normal vanilla whosaling and you for sure need dough to pay for the entitlement process's  engineers studies and land use apps etc.
  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    I would have no problem charging someone $500,000 or 1% of gross revenue ongoing.  And have them pay once the sale occurs or the project is Cashflow positive.

    The only reason I would charge up front would be to filter people out.  

    The only problem I have with the $18,000 is it’s to small if the program is working and I was wanting to monetize my experience.

    So I would ask why is he only charging $18,000.  

    You might ask why would someone pay this much?  I tell people it takes three things to get wealthy.  1.  An idea.,  2.  Money, sometimes., 3.  Jumping off the “Cliff”.  

    Most people will never jump off the cliff unless someone jumps with them.  

    Why would I help someone make $1mm in two years and only charge $18,000?  Thus far it’s because he was my brother and I did it for free.  I wouldn’t do it for $18,000 or $100,000.

    So why is he only charging $18,000?


    Taking bare dirt and either building Self Storage or setting up subdivision lots for sale is a lot of fun.

  • Plano, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Scott E.:

    I'm pretty sure you're post is spam so I've reported it to the mods.

    But just in case this is a serious question, you should run away from this and never look back. Just a few reasons why...

    1. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

    2. You shouldn't pay ANYBODY this much money for their experience. There is no way that he or anybody will give you $18,000 worth of value.

    3. There is no way you are going to make a 6 figure income (let alone a 7 figure income) working only 10 hours a week from anywhere in the world.

    4. I've been a real estate investor for over 10 years, I've been on biggerpockets just as long, and I'm a somewhat big real estate YouTuber myself. And I've never heard of this Cody Bjugan guy. Not a good sign.


    well if Scott E hasn’t heard of him then it must be spam…
  • Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    So you’re saying he’s not legit because he’s not charging enough? 

    Quote from @Henry Clark:

    I would have no problem charging someone $500,000 or 1% of gross revenue ongoing.  And have them pay once the sale occurs or the project is Cashflow positive.

    The only reason I would charge up front would be to filter people out.  

    The only problem I have with the $18,000 is it’s to small if the program is working and I was wanting to monetize my experience.

    So I would ask why is he only charging $18,000.  

    You might ask why would someone pay this much?  I tell people it takes three things to get wealthy.  1.  An idea.,  2.  Money, sometimes., 3.  Jumping off the “Cliff”.  

    Most people will never jump off the cliff unless someone jumps with them.  

    Why would I help someone make $1mm in two years and only charge $18,000?  Thus far it’s because he was my brother and I did it for free.  I wouldn’t do it for $18,000 or $100,000.

    So why is he only charging $18,000?


    Taking bare dirt and either building Self Storage or setting up subdivision lots for sale is a lot of fun.


  • Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Im looking into this opportunity and Hamza Invest Flex Space. Both deal with development of land, but Hamza takes it to full development himself which seems better. Thoughts? Quote from @Gil Erez:

    Hi. I recently discovered Cody Bjugan’s work on youtube. And have been intrigued. If what they say is true, it is a way to make a 6 to 7 figure income on your phone in as little as 10 hours a week finding off market land and getting it ready for land developers to build on. 
    The course is not cheap. $15k in one payment, or 3 payments of $6k ($18k). 
    If a 6 to 7 figure income is realistic in a relatively short period of time, and I could really do it with 10 hours of work a week from anywhere with internet, than it would be a great investment. I’m just not really sure that it is that simple. And I don’t have $15,000 -$18,000 to waste.

    Any feedback regarding this course? Vestright? Cody Bjugan’s work?


    Thanks much. 
    -Gil.  


  • Alicia ProkosPro Member
    Developer · Powell, OH · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 44 votes
    2y

    I do this at a more basic level, meaning fewer, larger lots in more rural areas. These generally don't require as much infrastructure from the county (septic instead of sanitary sewer, usually no stormwater systems required), and I sell them to consumers wishing to build their own homes on enough acreage to have vegetable gardens, chicken coops, etc. It takes time to understand a local market, what people want and where they want to be located. When you're talking 100+ acres, land owners generally know the value of their land, so you're not getting any crazy low deals, and yes, they want substantial money upfront. Often well priced land will have many interested buyers, and so I have difficulty getting even a few months in a contract for due diligence. So then you're exposed to the risk some county official will change their mind and not approve your project AFTER you thought you were approved and already bought the land. Then with interest rates bounding upward, you and your buyer-customers are faced with ever higher financing costs... As someone commented previously, there are literally 1,000's of things that can go wrong. Even if you are highly experienced, there is a decent chance things will go sideways through no fault of your own. This business is not for the faint of heart, and therefore having someone who can guide you through it, such as Cody, in my opinion would be totally worth the cost. One bad deal could be devastating, so you have to know your stuff, and I think you need a pretty decent cash cushion factored in for contingencies.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    2y

    The problem is when "gurus" have fan bois and shills a lot of people get sucked in who lose money and lose money fast! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Queens, NY · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    I signed up for Vestright / Cody Bjugans course approx 18 months ago and paid $4,000.00 -  personally I think the course is worth maybe $1,000.00 The value to me was being one of Cody's students, as only his students can refer him deals.
    When you actually refer deals, which is quite a lengthy process as you have to fill out several pages of information about the land you're referring (not a big deal but it used to take me 1 -2 hours) Vestright takes FOREVER to get back to you. I would call, text & email multiple times & on average it would take a week to ten days to get a response that your lead was no good. I feel like they are using their students  to cherry pick the best deals. Don't waste your money, there's plenty of free information on the internet. Try to find someone that will partner with you on large entitlement deals. I did & would NEVER refer Cody & his team another land deal.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.