User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Feb 13 2024, 14:53
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Taylor Nelson:

Pace Morby's mentorship is a transformative experience that transcends traditional mentor-student dynamics. It feels like joining a close-knit family where collaboration and support are paramount. The wealth of information shared is nothing short of mind-expanding, covering diverse aspects of the subject matter.

What sets this mentorship apart is not just the depth of knowledge but the genuine camaraderie among members. It creates an environment where everyone is invested in each other's success. The mentorship provides practical insights, actionable strategies, and a roadmap to navigate the complexities of the field.

Every session feels like an invaluable masterclass, with Pace Morby's wealth of experience shining through. The mentorship doesn't just meet expectations; it exceeds them, making the investment not only worth every penny but also an indispensable part of one's professional growth. If you're seeking a mentorship that goes beyond conventional boundaries and offers a holistic, supportive community, Pace Morby's program is undoubtedly a game-changer.

Taylor Nelson

LOL this reads like a hostage video.   Blink twice if you need someone to help you.

(always comes from new accounts / first post)

"LOL this reads like a hostage video. Blink twice if you need someone to help you."

@Cody L.: Good one.  Lol

I saw in the facebook group this post... #transformative #invaluable. 

Next up: How to chew gum and walk at the same time.... IF anyone has the link for that training and the discount code, let me know please.   

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 13 2024, 19:09
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Cody L.:

Pace Morby's mentorship is a transformative experience that transcends traditional mentor-student dynamics. It feels like joining a close-knit family where collaboration and support are paramount. The wealth of information shared is nothing short of mind-expanding, covering diverse aspects of the subject matter.

What sets this mentorship apart is not just the depth of knowledge but the genuine camaraderie among members. It creates an environment where everyone is invested in each other's success. The mentorship provides practical insights, actionable strategies, and a roadmap to navigate the complexities of the field.

Every session feels like an invaluable masterclass, with Pace Morby's wealth of experience shining through. The mentorship doesn't just meet expectations; it exceeds them, making the investment not only worth every penny but also an indispensable part of one's professional growth. If you're seeking a mentorship that goes beyond conventional boundaries and offers a holistic, supportive community, Pace Morby's program is undoubtedly a game-changer.

Taylor Nelson

LOL this reads like a hostage video.   Blink twice if you need someone to help you.

"LOL this reads like a hostage video. Blink twice if you need someone to help you."

Next up: How to chew gum and walk at the same time.... IF anyone has the link for that training and the discount code, let me know please.   

Next up: How to chew gum and walk at the same time.  Heheh

its just chat GT or whatever they call it. My wife used it to write an add for one of my Tesla's I am selling ( new truck is here ) and it writes a decent add I have to say.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 14 2024, 07:38

Taylor Nelson

@Nate Marshall: Is this copy & paste or is it AI? 

I cannot wait for BP to give them another book deal on how to create a transformative and life altering community. 

The real estate version of Mein Kampf. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 16 2024, 08:46

I'm getting Amway vibes... 

I can't lie, I'm interested in Subto Though. Anyone want to join memberships? Or find a way to creative finance the tuition some how?

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 16 2024, 09:08
Quote from @Tevin Gladney:

I can't lie, I'm interested in Subto Though. Anyone want to join memberships? Or find a way to creative finance the tuition some how?

I can almost picture the sham wow guy. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 16 2024, 10:17

@Tevin Gladney: Mistakes with Subject To are very unforgining. I've seen a lot of bad information come out of the "Subto community". 

Nothing but bad info IMO. It would be like listening to guys in death row telling people how to get away with murder. 

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Feb 20 2024, 11:05
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Cody L.:

Taylor Nelson

its just chat GT or whatever they call it. My wife used it to write an add for one of my Tesla's I am selling ( new truck is here ) and it writes a decent add I have to say.

I just got my truck!  I love it.   But we also have a "Y" and an "S".  I think I'm going to give my "S" to my operations manager and just keep the Y and the truck. 

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Feb 20 2024, 11:11

I was doing "subto" before it was a catchy topic for gurus.   You don't need a membership.  It's how I did many of my first deals.   It's not complex:   Say you find a house for $200k.   The owner owes $150k.  If you buy it, he'll walk with $50k (after paying off his loan).  Instead you offer him $50k and take over his note.  

There are a lot of different ways to do it.  You could do a loan with him for $150k.  So you pay him, he pays the note.  Or you pay the note directly.  Or in some cases you may pay him less than the $50k, do a loan with him for more than $150k, and pay him on the larger amount while he pays his lower amount to the bank.

But now matter how you structure there are a few risks.  The biggest (that people talk about) is 'due on sale'.  Which means if the main lender finds out the property has been sold, they can call the loan due.

Another thing people worry about is what if you don't pay the loan?   The seller is protected there by being able to take the property back if you don't pay (they'd obviously have to keep the loan current, but it would be their house and they'd keep whatever was put down)

I'm not making a case to do it or not.  What I am making a case for is if you want to do it, you don't have to pay some goofy guru scammer.  If I could do it with zero resources available to me, anyone else can. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 20 2024, 12:15
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Cody L.:

Taylor Nelson

I just got my truck!  I love it.   But we also have a "Y" and an "S".  I think I'm going to give my "S" to my operations manager and just keep the Y and the truck. 

I Am going to wait awhile to order mine.. I dont want or need FSD and if I order it now you have to buy it.. I have 2 model X and  a Y so I am ok waiting .. I love these cars I get in a cash vehicle and they are so slow :)

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Feb 20 2024, 17:05
Quote from @Cody L.:

I was doing "subto" before it was a catchy topic for gurus.   You don't need a membership.  It's how I did many of my first deals.   It's not complex:   Say you find a house for $200k.   The owner owes $150k.  If you buy it, he'll walk with $50k (after paying off his loan).  Instead you offer him $50k and take over his note.  

There are a lot of different ways to do it.  You could do a loan with him for $150k.  So you pay him, he pays the note.  Or you pay the note directly.  Or in some cases you may pay him less than the $50k, do a loan with him for more than $150k, and pay him on the larger amount while he pays his lower amount to the bank.

But now matter how you structure there are a few risks.  The biggest (that people talk about) is 'due on sale'.  Which means if the main lender finds out the property has been sold, they can call the loan due.

Another thing people worry about is what if you don't pay the loan?   The seller is protected there by being able to take the property back if you don't pay (they'd obviously have to keep the loan current, but it would be their house and they'd keep whatever was put down)

I'm not making a case to do it or not.  What I am making a case for is if you want to do it, you don't have to pay some goofy guru scammer.  If I could do it with zero resources available to me, anyone else can. 

Your comment: "The seller is protected there by being able to take the property back if you don't pay"

Actually, you must be thinking of a different technique. In a Subject To, it's simply taking over payments. There is no Deed of Trust to use to force taking the property back.

In a Subject To, the seller has absolutely no protection.

I've always looked at 'sub to' = 'subject to' = 'subject to the existing first lien debt'.  So you're buying a property 'normally'.  It's just understood by the buyer, seller, title (and title will reflect) that the first lien isn't being paid off.   So not sure where we're disagreeing. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 20 2024, 17:52
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Cody L.:

Your comment: "The seller is protected there by being able to take the property back if you don't pay"

Actually, you must be thinking of a different technique. In a Subject To, it's simply taking over payments. There is no Deed of Trust to use to force taking the property back.

In a Subject To, the seller has absolutely no protection.

I've always looked at 'sub to' = 'subject to' = 'subject to the existing first lien debt'.  So you're buying a property 'normally'.  It's just understood by the buyer, seller, title (and title will reflect) that the first lien isn't being paid off.   So not sure where we're disagreeing. 

Cody the point Ken is making is that in a straight Subject to title has Transferred to Buyer and then buyer makes payments.. Now if buyer fails to make payments it would be good for Buyer to deed it back to the original seller.  But in many cases that simply does not happen you get bad actors and they rip the rents ( because the loan is not in their name etc).  Been around a lot of that mainly on smaller SFR deals.  The other technique Ken is talking about is doing a wrap or in CA you have a really cool debt instrument called a All inclusive Deed of trust.. And if the buyer defaults The seller can foreclose and take title back.

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Feb 21 2024, 13:02
Cody the point Ken is making is that in a straight Subject to title has Transferred to Buyer and then buyer makes payments.. Now if buyer fails to make payments it would be good for Buyer to deed it back to the original seller.  But in many cases that simply does not happen you get bad actors and they rip the rents ( because the loan is not in their name etc).  Been around a lot of that mainly on smaller SFR deals.  The other technique Ken is talking about is doing a wrap or in CA you have a really cool debt instrument called a All inclusive Deed of trust.. And if the buyer defaults The seller can foreclose and take title back.
Thanks.  On the deals I've done, if buyer doesn't make payments, seller can take it back.  I just assumed that would always be the way such a deal was papered.  Otherwise the seller takes on an enormous amount of risk since the 1st lien is in their name. 
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 26 2024, 14:13
Quote from @Bradley Lewis:

This mentorship has legit changed my life. I have closed 4 deals in the last month. 3 of them I kept and another that I wholesaled. I also have 3 more under contract. I learned all this in the mentorship with Pace. I have also raised half a million in private money capital in that group. If you would like to hear more reach out!!!

I am also in DFW , looking to join Subto community. Please check your dm.Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Ali Radoncic
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Mar 27 2024, 06:41
Quote from @Chida Truong:

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

uffffff $7,800 for info Id imagine you could get from you tube university.  I understand investing in yourself, but with so much info flying around for free I wouldn't want to do it.

I didn't help your question at all, but when I saw the price tag I couldn't resist.

New Western Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Mar 27 2024, 08:00
Quote from @Ali Radoncic:

Hello BP investors,

uffffff $7,800 for info Id imagine you could get from you tube university.  I understand investing in yourself, but with so much info flying around for free I wouldn't want to do it.

I didn't help your question at all, but when I saw the price tag I couldn't resist.

There are even better paid groups for less. I would trust Theranos with my blood before I ever trust a gator boi with my money! 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Mar 27 2024, 09:04

Hello BP investors,

That original post and amount was from two years ago. Someone posted elsewhere he's charging $20,000 now. I haven't personally checked and everything needs to be verified, but I have seen a recent video where he still believes an executory contract solves the due on sale clause. 

It does not. 

The DOS says that an executory contract actually violates the agreement and the bank can call the loan. Very serious error on his part.

I have a few people in my group that were in the gator program (WERE) and yes it is $20,000.00 now. Pace is self dealing. 

User Stats

Votes
Deb S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Replied Mar 28 2024, 08:44

Hello BP investors,

You're not just paying for information and contracts. You get an entire community of over 13,000 to JV with, buy deals from, sell your deals to, ask questions/get answers on your specific deal, etc. In my opinion, the community itself is well worth the cost.
This is also a life time membership that doesn't expire after a few months. If you divide the cost over say 3 years (I've been in over 3 years), it's probably close to the cost of monthly subscriptions to CRMs, batch dialers, skip tracing services, etc.
It's another tool in your toolbelt that doesn't have a renewal cost!!
Just my two cents..........

User Stats

Votes
Deb S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Replied Mar 28 2024, 12:55

@Account Closed you have the cost of the mentorship incorrect. It less than half of what you said. This makes me wonder about the rest of the 'facts' you've posted. Not sure how you have knowledge of wrong answers, what contracts are being used for subto etc if you aren't in the community.

I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else. I just gave my opinion. Bash it if that's what you want to do.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Mar 29 2024, 07:09
Quote from @Deb S.:

Hello BP investors,

You're not just paying for information and contracts. You get an entire community of over 13,000 to JV with, buy deals from, sell your deals to, ask questions/get answers on your specific deal, etc. In my opinion, the community itself is well worth the cost.
This is also a life time membership that doesn't expire after a few months. If you divide the cost over say 3 years (I've been in over 3 years), it's probably close to the cost of monthly subscriptions to CRMs, batch dialers, skip tracing services, etc.
It's another tool in your toolbelt that doesn't have a renewal cost!!
Just my two cents..........

People can get all of that for a fraction of the cost. I know he uses shills but didn't know that he went as low as he has to get "promoters". 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 11 2024, 13:31

After being a member for over a year, I can personally attest that if you don't have the stomach to take advantage of people during their most vulnerable moments in life, this program is not for you and you will not find membership valuable. Pace's Course is built upon a foundation of buying things from people for way less than they're worth, period, end of story. Is it any surprise then, that they're selling you a program that is priced at vastly more than it is worth?

Every day in the Facebook group, someone gets ripped off or stolen from by another "community member", and generally, the posts have an air of feigned positivity because he even alludes in the course material to the fact that if you share anything negative, you could be kicked out and lose your course dues. 

Largely, I think plenty of people have accurately painted this as your typical "fake guru" scam, and even more members are afraid to speak out since they can easily kick you out of the material you paid for (and have done so with plenty of people in the past) with no refund and no legal recourse. 

Stay far away.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Apr 12 2024, 07:27
Quote from @Tyler Gassman:

After being a member for over a year, I can personally attest that if you don't have the stomach to take advantage of people during their most vulnerable moments in life, this program is not for you and you will not find membership valuable. Pace's Course is built upon a foundation of buying things from people for way less than they're worth, period, end of story. Is it any surprise then, that they're selling you a program that is priced at vastly more than it is worth?

Every day in the Facebook group, someone gets ripped off or stolen from by another "community member", and generally, the posts have an air of feigned positivity because he even alludes in the course material to the fact that if you share anything negative, you could be kicked out and lose your course dues. 

Largely, I think plenty of people have accurately painted this as your typical "fake guru" scam, and even more members are afraid to speak out since they can easily kick you out of the material you paid for (and have done so with plenty of people in the past) with no refund and no legal recourse. 

Stay far away.

It's like joining Hamas or ISIS and not thinking they have other motives than what they sold you!