New to Real Estate · Lewis Center, OH · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 19 votes
Specifically, I'm thinking about Plain City, Dublin, Powell, Westerville, New Albany, Powell, Lewis Center, Delaware and Sunbury.
Are they in the path of progress? What kind of cap rates can be expected when analyzing? What capital expenditures should be considered, how long do they last, and generally how much do they cost? What affects taxes, how do I estimate those? What regulations do I need to be aware of? Are property management companies around here good or bad? What things should I look for in local news?
I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to ask, but I'm looking for the personality of these places as seen by investors, or also agents, brokers and property managers. I'm looking for context to help in analyzing deals in these areas. It seems like people here like to mingle with each other in the comments, and I'll be reading anything I see there.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y
@Stephen McDonald I am a member of Urban Land Institute. I regularly go to meetups with local developers and city officials. The decision-makers in Columbus are actively facilitating the growth of the city.
I just did a hard hat tour of The Warren in Dublin at the Bridge Park development. There is a lot of money going into all of Columbus. Central Ohio is projected to get to 3 million by 2050 (see below article). I am bullish on all of Columbus for REI. I believe it is smart to buy and hold anywhere in or near Columbus.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y
@Stephen McDonald I am a member of Urban Land Institute. I regularly go to meetups with local developers and city officials. The decision-makers in Columbus are actively facilitating the growth of the city.
I just did a hard hat tour of The Warren in Dublin at the Bridge Park development. There is a lot of money going into all of Columbus. Central Ohio is projected to get to 3 million by 2050 (see below article). I am bullish on all of Columbus for REI. I believe it is smart to buy and hold anywhere in or near Columbus.
Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
6y
I'd advise a FB group specifically for central OH. You might get a quicker turnaround. Those markets are very rare here. Contact a few realtors in that area.
@Stephen McDonald I am a member of Urban Land Institute. I regularly go to meetups with local developers and city officials. The decision-makers in Columbus are actively facilitating the growth of the city.
I just did a hard hat tour of The Warren in Dublin at the Bridge Park development. There is a lot of money going into all of Columbus. Central Ohio is projected to get to 3 million by 2050 (see below article). I am bullish on all of Columbus for REI. I believe it is smart to buy and hold anywhere in or near Columbus.
New to Real Estate · Lewis Center, OH · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 19 votes
6y
@Remington Lyman
Thanks for the solid turnaround. I think I need to work on my turnaround skills.
So you feel pretty optimistic about all the areas. That's uplifting. If the population is rising that much, it would be an honor to help facilitate that.
@Lamont Marable
Thanks, that sounds like good advice. I looked for Facebook groups and it looks like COREE has one.
Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
6y
@Remington Lyman No Remington. Your turnaround game is weak. Just kidding. lol! Your turnaround jumper, long distance 3s and your box out skill are immaculate. You have to work on your slam dunks now.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y
@Account Closed Haha thanks. I have built up my customer base quickly. Now I just need the closings to happen. That is what I am assuming you are referring to.